PL: Hull h Match Thread 2009/12/05 15:00

limpid

With Man City at home to Chelsea and Spurs visting Goodison this is a game we should be looking to win to consolidate our spot in 5th and draw level on points with spurs should they lose. We've simply got to win. We dropped a lot of points in these kind of games at home last season and if we're going to improve we should be winning these games and importnantly if we're winning by a single goal killing the game off instead of sitting back like we often do.

Oh and i'd give Heskey a go instead of Carew after his last two subs performances.

First 60 mins:

-----------------Friedel

L Young--Cuellar--Dunne--Warnock

-Milner---Petrov---Sidwell--A Young

-----------Gabby---Heskey

Last 30:

-----------------Friedel

A Young--Petrov---Milner--Downing

-----------Gabby---Carew

Same team as tonight then. Although slightly worried about Bullard's ability and might be worth Coker in for Petrov. But no, Petrov did well tonight so keep his place.

and reo coker did well against Bolton :winkold:

First 60 mins:

-----------------Friedel

-Milner---Petrov---Sidwell--A Young

-----------Gabby---Heskey

Last 30:

-----------------Friedel

A Young--Petrov---Milner--Downing

-----------Gabby---Carew

I'd change Reo Coker for Sidwell so we have eleven men on the pitch and making the assumption that Downing isn't fit enough to make another start.

I would hope that any side MON puts out can take three points at home against Hull. I would go with the side that mullered Bolton but he will never do that. I just hope that, whatever side he picks, if it is not performing, he tries to change it tactically early enough to give us a chance. I hope he doesn't need to though.

It's good to have choices.

For me, I think I'd pick.

----------------------Friedel-------------------------

Young-----Cuellar----------Dunne-------Warnock

-----------Reo Coker-------Petrov-----------------

Milner--------------------------------------Downing

-----------------------Young------------------------

--------------------Agbonlahor---------------------

I would love us to play 4-5-1, with the 3 behind Gabby it's nowhere near a negative formation. It would enable us to dictate the game which we do nowhere near enough, especially at home. Then if needeed we can swap a DM for another striker. But we all know what the formation will be.

I would love us to play 4-5-1, with the 3 behind Gabby it's nowhere near a negative formation. It would enable us to dictate the game which we do nowhere near enough, especially at home. Then if needeed we can swap a DM for another striker. But we all know what the formation will be.

4 4 **** 2....I wonder what Mike Bassett would do.