If there was a general election tomorrow...

paddy

If there was a general election tomorrow who would you vote for?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. If there was a general election tomorrow who would you vote for?

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green Party
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • BNP
    • Other (please state)
    • Spoilt Ballot
    • Abstain / Won't Bother

I've sat here for 5 minutes trying to decide and i honestly cant answer.

Lib Dems is my default option at the moment to force a change from Labour and let them know that wasnt good enough. There's no way i'm voting in Cameron but there could've been alot of benefit to the Conservatives if it wasnt for him.

I dont believe in the political spectrum anymore but my beliefs tend to be either very liberal or very conservative on the old scale.

But of the current lot i dont feel any represent my views. I feel comletely disillusioned with the process and the people and have no connection with politics, which is a shame as it could be an area of interest for me.

And i still dont think the BNP should be legally allowed to exist as a party, let alone consider a vote for them.

Why don't we just have an EU style election where a few bods get together over a meal and a few bottles of wine and choose people to run the country?

Thinking about it, that's how the government jobs have been dished out under Brown anyway.

Why don't we just have an EU style election where a few bods get together over a meal and a few bottles of wine and choose people to run the country?

Thinking about it, that's how the government jobs have been dished out under Brown anyway.

No, under Brown its been half a pint of heavy

Pah. Stuck in room of stuffed shirts up until an hour ago...

He he. Sorry. :oops:

I urge you to attend the your local election office and set fire to the box*

*please note the author is not responsible for any illegal acts you decide to commit

Joint enterprise would have you done like the proverbial kipper.

Surprise surprise the woolly abstaining party winning on VT ..would never had seen that coming :winkold:

No surprise that i voted Tory .. i'm looking forward to their Government as I still think Cameron will be a Good leader for this country .. His problem at the moment is he has to avoid doing anything to f*ck it up and lose the election so he's now looking a bit wishy washy on a few areas ( Europe the most obvious) .. but once he's in I think (and hope) he will put some policies in place that are right for the country and will also erase some of Stalin's handiwork

of course some people can't get past what school Cameron went to but even if you don't like him , he's by far the best of the bad bunch out there at the moment ..hardly a ringing endorsement i know , but lets face it .. he can't do any worse than Brown can he ...

Spoilt ballot here.

Just out of interest why?

Same as the idol bastards who dont vote, your spoilt paper changes nothing in the great scheme. (You may feel you have made a protest vote)

Just seems a bit meaningless really

Sorry

Surprise surprise the woolly abstaining party winning on VT ..would never had seen that coming :winkold:

No surprise that i voted Tory .. i'm looking forward to their Government as I still think Cameron will be a Good leader for this country .. His problem at the moment is he has to avoid doing anything to f*ck it up and lose the election so he's now looking a bit wishy washy on a few areas ( Europe the most obvious) .. but once he's in I think (and hope) he will put some policies in place that are right for the country and will also erase some of Stalin's handiwork

of course some people can't get past what school Cameron went to but even if you don't like him , he's by far the best of the bad bunch out there at the moment ..hardly a ringing endorsement i know , but lets face it .. he can't do any worse than Brown can he ...

How can you vote for someone in the hope he's not going to do what he says he's going to do? just seems a bit mental in the logic department

Guest Ricardomeister

The only honest party out there is the Official Monster Raving Loony Party. Their policy of reversing global warming by sticking air conditioning units on the outside of every home is pure genius! :winkold:

I cannot vote for any of the 3 major parties (Brown means well but is out of his depth, I cannot believe a word that Cameron and his toff mates say, and Nick Clegg? too wishy washy for me).

Unfortunately the Loonies never stand in my constituency so I will have to vote for a respectable minority party....maybe the Greens.

Spoilt ballot here.

Same as the idol bastards who dont vote, your spoilt paper changes nothing in the great scheme. (You may feel you have made a protest vote)

Sorry

It's only as meaningless as any other vote, as one vote, in the great scheme of things, does little. I refuse to vote for a party. I don't like parties, I don't like the people involved and ultimately I don't think they're that good of an idea. They may have been in some principaled time in the past (snigger), but now the self interest well and truly has them all by the ear and they're listening well.

By spoiling the ballot I've made an effort to take part in the system. I've shown no allegiance to any party and given none support. It's different to just not bothering.

Spoilt ballot here.

Sorry

It is far better to exercise your democratic right than not, if you can't see that then............you're thinking is a tad limited imo

Spoilt papers are recorded and until we get "None of the Above" on the ballot paper it is the only legitimate means of recording your displeasure at all the candidates on offer

I also think, Tony, that to say some can't look past Cameron's school is a bit flippant. I think it has rather a lot more to do with the fact he's a Tory, and since I'd imagine an awful lot of this forum aren't example rolling in money and come from working class backgrounds, they'll see him in his blue tie and hear shrill cries of 'No no no!', 'the lady's not for turning' and images of strikes and general bad times.

And of course theres the fact the bloke is effectively institutionalised, he's been politics his entire career. I still think rather a lot of people feel a bit more trust in a bloke who's actually had to work outside of the political sphere. Cameron's not.

Â