PL: Spurs h Match Thread 2009/11/28 17:30

limpid

I hope Reo Coker starts for Petrov. But he won't.

It'll be same team (maybe Collins in for Cuellar..).. and I think Spurs will win.

I'd be tempted with Delph in for Sidwell.. get a bit of energy in there..

With the team that started today, Spurs have more energy, creativity and passing ability than us..

Same team as Bolton please or a 4-5-1 with Gabby coming back into midfield, maybe give Friedel a rest and stick penalty king Guzan in for a change.

I still have a bad gut feeling about this though...

Today's performance was not convincing enough.

:(

Over 50 irish of the irish villa fan club coming over for this.

The team i'd love to see is (no chance of this though):

-----------------------Guzan---------------------------

Young-------Collins----------Dunne-------Warnock

----------------------Reo-Coker-----------------------

----------------Milner---------Downing----------------

Albrighton----------------------------------------Young

----------------------Agbonlahor------------------------

Subs: Friedel, Cueller, Petrov, Carew, Beye, Delph, Delfouneso

I'll start it off then.

Guzan (Give him a go, Friedel is hardly playing brilliantly)

Young

Collins

Dunne

Warnock

Milner

Reo-Coker

Delph

Young

Carew

Agbonlahor.

(Downing needs to be introduced slowly)

I reckon 1-2 loss personally.

I don't get your logic. You bemoan Petrov in a 442 with the stats but then Delph has lost 2 in 2 as well in there.

Friedel

Young

Collins

Dunne

Warnock

Milner

Petrov

Reo-Coker

Delph

Young

Agbonlahor

Though perhaps 4-4-2 might be the way to go at home in which case Carew in for Delph.

blame a 19 year kid on his prem debut or a 30 year old seasoned pro and our poty?

That doesn't make sense. If you're good enough, you're old enough and big enough to take criticism. I actually want to see Delph in a three. At the moment he isn't wonderful positionally (off the ball) to play in a two but hopefully that is something he will learn. On the ball he looks very good and doesn't look like he will hide in a game which is why I'd like to see him with Petrov and Reo-Coker.

I'll start it off then.

Guzan (Give him a go, Friedel is hardly playing brilliantly)

Young

Collins

Dunne

Warnock

Milner

Reo-Coker

Delph

Young

Carew

Agbonlahor.

(Downing needs to be introduced slowly)

I reckon 1-2 loss personally.

I don't get your logic. You bemoan Petrov in a 442 with the stats but then Delph has lost 2 in 2 as well in there.

Because I don't believe Petrov can play in a 4-4-2, also Petrov is not an offensive midfielder, Delph likes to get forward and also has the energy to get back.

So when I pick the midfield, to me it's out of Reo-Coker or Petrov and Delph or Sidwell and I'd give Reo-Coker the job of holding the midfielder, while Delph is given more of a license to create for us going forward.

-----------------Friedel---------------

-----------Cuellar---Dunne----------

Young-----------------------Warnock

-----------Sidwell------Petrov-------

Milner--------------------------Young

------------Gabby-----Carew--------

Same as usual. 2-2 draw.

I'd consider dropping Carew and shifting in another mid maybe, but Carew's always got that potential of a goal in him and a threat, so best to stick to the 442.

We need to show why Bottomham Lolspurs are overrated, overhyped and show they're not proper contenders for 4th spot... apart from Small Heath, there is no other team I want to beat this much.

We've got home advantage and we've got a very good home record already compared to last season... we need to take advantage of this and we can't afford to completely dominate the game and come out with nothing which we did last season when we plays these Cockney spivs.

And please O'Neill, DROP Sidwell!

---------------Friedel----------------

Young--Cuellar--Dunne--Warnock

Milner---Petrov--Sidwell---Young

-----Agbonlahor--Carew-----

That's my guess. Anyone know when Collins is back?

Suprised if Collins is back. As he sufferd a reaction friday before Burnley game. Oneil cannot afford to take chances with him in case it turns into a gerrad/torres type injury were he plays less than 100% and is then out for long spells. With his injury it looks like k.clarke & Davis when fit will be needed in the new year for cover.

8)