Would you ever hit a woman?

CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Would you?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Would you?

• Yes
    • No

Got some girls at work who think its ok the mouth off if someone makes a mistake, they really enjoy giving out a verbal volley. Give one back when they have **** up and its of to the toilets for 10minutes and everyone saying its out off order to have a go. Equality is bizarre.

--

As for hitting back, not really. Unless I was in danger obviously, but not to teach a lesson.

If I was willing to have a fight with a man then I would be expecting him to hit me back, but I wouldn't do it so that's that but theres women that wouldn't care about fighting a man. In terms of domestic violence hitting a woman then there is no excuse for that.

You are trying to display, in pictures, an exception to a rule

Indeed, I am. The reason being that it is in those situations, i.e. the exceptions to that which normally occurs, where questions such as the one posed in this thread are interesting.

I would hope that I wouldn't hit anyone else (though I have done before) but I can see circumstances where it is a possibility (e.g. someone being dangerously hysterical).

Your 'it should definitely never be done to the weaker sex' argument doesn't really take into account and consider those cases where men are subjected to physical beatings by women, domestic abuse for example.

It would have to be in an extreme circumstance.

Put it this way, I've been slashed with a knife across my arm by one of my ex girlfriends (Bunny Boiler doesn't even begin to explain her) and I only shouted at her after she did it.

But If my family were threatened by a woman, well that's a different story.

Yes, depending on the circumstances. If she was charging after me with a knife, hell yes I would hit her.

There are a number of scenarios whereby hitting a woman could be justified, and all of them would be cases in which someone's physical well being is put in jeopardy by the woman.

But to hit a woman in an argument, or because she was cheating on you, or because she verbally abused you..... absolutely never.

entirely depends on the situation and what is going on.

someone described an incident where a woman was smacking someone over the head in a pub with her shoe. I think a pint of beer thrown over her would make her stop. humiliating her whilst not inflicting any damage.

I think in self defence or indeed if the woman was doing something really bad then yes I would hit them or kick them.

probably a really hard blow to the knee or fanny might be less damaging than a hard punch to the head.

Well this is intteresting... I've done a little bit of research and I've seen quite alarming figures (in this country) as to how many women abuse and use violence against their male partners... but yet it seems fine when the women do it.

Anyways, I'd hit a woman if they were physically attacking and abusing me... why should anyone of any gender have to put up with that sort of behaviour?

as to how many women abuse and use violence against their male partners... but yet it seems fine when the women do it.

Seems fine to who...?

In general and in society. Why does it seem deemed more OK for a woman to use physical violence on a man? It doesn't matter who does it - it's still not acceptable. A lot of people would be very surprised as to how many women are using physical violence towards their male partners.

So if a woman was hacking away at you with a kitchen knife you wouldn't hit her to make her stop?

I'd blow her **** head off if that's what it took.

dunno. depends on the exact circs.

But in all honesty, i'f try to disarm and restrain i think.

obviously, if someone stood before me with a gun and said, hit this woman or i will shoot you and then her, i'd hit her.

But in the normal course of predictable or commonplace events which may well occur in my life, i can't envisage a scenario where i would have to hit a woman, no.

as to how many women abuse and use violence against their male partners... but yet it seems fine when the women do it.

Seems fine to who...?

In general and in society. Why does it seem deemed more OK for a woman to use physical violence on a man? It doesn't matter who does it - it's still not acceptable. A lot of people would be very surprised as to how many women are using physical violence towards their male partners.

I don't think in general or in society it is deemed more OK for a woman to use physical violence on a man at all, that's not the logic behind why I think a man shouldn't hit a woman, it's because they are physically stronger and could do an awful lot more permanent damage and a punch (again IMO) is 9/10 not deemed a 'necessary' force when a man is in a ruckus with a woman.

Why does it seem deemed more OK for a woman to use physical violence on a man?

becuase, on the whole, men are much physically stronger than women.

Thus, on the whole, a man would be better able to defend himself from such an attack.

it's not right in either instance, however, but i can see why an attack on a woman by a man using physical force is perhaps "worse" than the other way around.

a woman simply would not be able to restrain a man that is physically attacking her, in the vast majority of cases. That is not the case the other way around.

So if a woman was hacking away at you with a kitchen knife you wouldn't hit her to make her stop?

I'd blow her **** head off if that's what it took.

dunno. depends on the exact circs.

But in all honesty, i'f try to disarm and restrain i think.

obviously, if someone stood before me with a gun and said, hit this woman or i will shoot you and then her, i'd hit her.

But in the normal course of predictable or commonplace events which may well occur in my life, i can't envisage a scenario where i would have to hit a woman, no.

What if they only threatened to shoot you? :P

Â