How/where do you eat your main meal of the day?

paddy

Where do you usually eat your main meal of the day  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you usually eat your main meal of the day

• Round a table with who I live with
    • At a table on my own
    • In the front room in front of the tv with who I live with
    • In the front room in front of the tv on my own

We have a breakfast bar in our kitchen, and most (if not all meals) are eaten there.

When I lived at home with my folks we also all sat aroud the table, yet my wife always had hers on a tray in front of the TV.

Only problem we have now is my daughter always wants the TV on in the kitchen when we are eating.

Around a table with other people like a civilized human being. Having a meal with other people is more than just 'eating', it's a social occasion too. You eat, you drink, you talk, you have a good time and sometimes our meals can go on for 2 hours because it's a great occasion to have in the evening... that's why we go out for dinner and lunch... it's an occasions and is just more than just 'eating'.

I'll only ever eat on my own eating my food in front of the T.V. in the lounge if nobody else is in my house because it'd be pointless sitting at the table if there was nobody there to have a conversation with. It'll usually be a take-a-way too because I cannot not be bothered to cook a whole meal just for myself.

We have a breakfast bar in our kitchen, and most (if not all meals) are eaten there.

When I lived at home with my folks we also all sat aroud the table, yet my wife always had hers on a tray in front of the TV.

Only problem we have now is my daughter always wants the TV on in the kitchen when we are eating.

When I used to visit my Gran she always ate in her chair in front of the TV, even though the TV was never on. She was perfectly mobile, there was room at the table where she could have sat, she always joined in with the dinner conversation even though it was awkward to from where she sat, but she always ate in her chair with her dinner on her lap. Weird.

Â