How/where do you eat your main meal of the day?

paddy

Where do you usually eat your main meal of the day  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you usually eat your main meal of the day

• Round a table with who I live with
    • At a table on my own
    • In the front room in front of the tv with who I live with
    • In the front room in front of the tv on my own

At my dining table on my own :-(

Only because my laptop is at the table! Tend to eat and surf the net at the same time. Well... I live alone so who cares! :-)

At the table with my family. There are occassions when we don't, but for the vast majority of the time, if we're there, we eat together.

If I'm on my own in the house then I'll eat in front of my TV

Sat round the dining table, the whole family. Always have done. Napkins, wine, the lot. We have a dinner bell that we ring to call people to the table, too.

OK, there is the occasional pizza in front of the telly as a naughty treat, but it's very much the exception.

It's never been a problem with the kids, they have always loved it that way.

when i live on my own it was in front of the TV ..when it was me and the wife it still tended to be in front of the TV

now with 2 kiddies we have dinner at the table with the TV off ..when they were younger we used to have cartoons on to keep the kids occupied whilst we shovelled food into them but now they are older they tend to get so engrossed in the TV they miss their mouths with the fork and end up throwing food all over the floor , so off it goes

(unless Villa happen to be playing ..my house , my rules :-) )

Sat round the dining table, the whole family. Always have done. Napkins, wine, the lot. We have a dinner bell that we ring to call people to the table, too.

:thumb: The way it should be. Modern life does make it more difficult though. In my house if we were to have a proper home cooked meal together every day it would mean me starting to cook at around 7pm and waiting for her til around 8pm by which time it's not great to be eating big meals.

On cushions, on the floor, round the shisha pipe

Surprisingly close.

Ill often eat food in the Indian style, which is with plates on the floor and everybody sitting around. No filthy smoke though. :lol:

Surprisingly close.

Ill often eat food in the Indian style, which is with plates on the floor and everybody sitting around. No filthy smoke though. :lol:

Soooo can I get an invite for one of these dinners? I'm sure they would be soooo tasty!

Surprisingly close.

Do you mainly eat Indian food then?

(if you don't mind me asking)

Surprisingly close.

Soooo can I get an invite for one of these dinners? I'm sure they would be soooo tasty!

Sure. Can you be at my place tomorrow evening? I'm only 20 minutes from Birmingham airport so a taxi shouldnt be too much. ;)

Do you mainly eat Indian food then?

(if you don't mind me asking)

Dunno. Havent really thought about it. I certainly have "Indian food" considerably more often than I have meat and two veg. Its rarely the type of food you would get at a curry house though.

As I live with the rents, we usually sit round the table once or twice a week, other times in front of the tv on the sofa. However when I cook for just me and my other half we always sit at the table, I prefer it you can have good conversation and sum up the events of the day, the tv distracts all that.

Â