What would you do if you found $100,000?

Phumfeinz

Money money money  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Money money money

• Finders keepers
    • My conscience is worth more than 100k

Hold yer horses forum warrior, this isn't a mere rehash of the 'unlimited money' threads.

There was a feature on the news the other day about a female postie who found $100,000 in a bag, and promptly handed it in to the police.

Now I think she's a daft bint who will end up regretting it sometime down the line, and I would swipe that cash without a second thought. But what would you do?

You'd be found out for that amount. If it was £100 I'd keep it. But £100,000, defintely hand it in.

Obviously you'd get found out if you went to your bank and tried to deposit 100k in cash, but if you kept it in a safe place, only spending wisely from time to time then you'd be ok I think.

You'd be found out for that amount. If it was £100 I'd keep it. But £100,000, defintely hand it in.

Obviously you'd get found out if you went to your bank and tried to deposit 100k in cash, but if you kept it in a safe place, only spending wisely from time to time then you'd be ok I think.

Hmmm, someone losing 100 grand could turn into a pretty big investigation, i wouldn't be comfortable taking the risk of being caught stealing 100k.

If I could guarantee I wouldn't get caught then I most likely wouldn't hand it in if I'm completely honest.

It depends how easy it was to track you to the money.

In most situations you being a random person stumbling across a bag of money isn't that traceable, there's far too many random people that could have done the same. As long as they're not all marked or sequential notes and then spending the money wouldn't be traceable either.

Unless you start throwing money around no one is going to ever link you to it.

It'd be easy to keep that amount of money with no one knowing, as long as you're smart and do it over a long period. Just do your usual shopping and cash spends out of it, whilst still paying your bills etc from wages in the bank, and by the time you've gone through it you'll have a nice amount in savings that is clean with a nice history that links it to you, and then you can blow that.

There was a feature on the news the other day about a female postie who found $100,000 in a bag, and promptly handed it in to the police.

if nobody comes forward and claims the money , doesn't it legally become hers anyway ?

if nobody comes forward and claims the money , doesn't it legally become hers anyway ?

If it doesn't get lost.

I had a friend that handed in £150 in 3 fifty pound notes once, no one claimed it, he got a letter saying he could go pick it up, when he got there he had to wait around for over an hour whilst they found it, and he ended up getting 1 fifty pound note and 5 twentys.

I think they can also withhold it under the proceeds of crime act if they suspect that it's from a crime (which they most likely would).

I'd keep it, just keep it stashed away and occasionally deposit a few hundred quid to my account. No way would you be caught as long as you are sensible with it. Not like just going out an putting a deposit on a house when you only earn like £14k lol I don't think i'd morally have any problems with it as anyone who carries £100k on them is definately up to something dodgy.

go and take it home, and spend it wisely....i would happily go to prison for 100k, i would probably do 6months...Im sure i can handle a bit of lesbo loving for 6months,.........

Kimmie will be away from her pc for the forseeable future.... lol

Â