England starting 11 by the time of the World Cup?

CockneyVilla

How many Villa players will there be in the England World cup 11 next year??  

80 members have voted

1. 1. How many Villa players will there be in the England World cup 11 next year??

if Davies plays like he can at full potential for the last 3 months of the season provided he's in the team then he could take up the 3rd choice CB place which is up for grabs.

I think he'll struggle to get back into the Villa team, England is a million miles away for him.

if Davies plays like he can at full potential for the last 3 months of the season provided he's in the team then he could take up the 3rd choice CB place which is up for grabs.

I think he'll struggle to get back into the Villa team, England is a million miles away for him.

Disagree all he needs is that consistency.

If Ferdinand continues his shitty form theres no reason why Davies cannot become the next big name English defender.

There's Jagielka to contend with though. Astounding how nobody's talked about him. Everton right now missing him big time.

Disagree all he needs is that consistency.

If Ferdinand continues his shitty form theres no reason why Davies cannot become the next big name English defender.

There's Jagielka to contend with though. Astounding how nobody's talked about him. Everton right now missing him big time.

I really can't see Davies ousting either Dunne, Collins or Cuellar from our defense - unless injuries play a part, which is quite possible.

And to be honest I'd rather any of those three in our defense than Davies. Look how much we've improved at the back this season without him.

Re: Heskey for England on here.

Many seem to be writing him off, yet surely most must admit that, at this moment in time, with the WC merely 7 months away, Big Emile is in the box seat to partner Shrek up front for England.

for those that think Emile will not be a Villa player by the time of the next WC - fair enough, although I do think MON will be loathe to sell him in Jan, and will give him more pitch time during the busy winter period.

for those that think Capello will pick someone else - I can't yet see this. ATM, heskey is clearly Capello's 1st choice up front with rooney. AFAIK, there are now only 2 more friendlies between now and when fab Cap picks his squad for the WC. In those fiendlies, i'd guess capello would not be experimenting too much, and would be solidfying his starting 11.

Should he get even a reasonable amount of pitch time at Villa, i really can't see him bing usurped for that starting berth. His main challenger would be big Carlton, but it has been seen that fabio sees him very much as back-up, to this point. Defoe he cleary sees as an impact sub, and not as rooney's regular partner.

starting ...zero ..you know it will be square pegs in round holes in the midfield with Barry ,Lumpard ,Gerrard and Cole

Lamps and gerrard certainities to play, if fit. Probably barry too.

Fab cap always wants some pace down one of the flanks, so expect to see either SWP, Lennon or Walcott sown the right hand side.

i'd guess lennon or theo if fit, first choice.

Joseph will probably be in the squad though, as cover for gerrard.

Thank You for all the comments, shame most of you missed the point, I was asking who would ACTUALLY be in the staring 11, not in the overall squad. :-) I would hope there might be at least 2, Milner and Gabby, at least for 1 match.

Starting? Probably zero realistically but if Heskey is still with us then probably one.

Milner is not getting in ahead of lampard,gerrard,barry,walcott,jcole,

Â