England starting 11 by the time of the World Cup?

CockneyVilla

How many Villa players will there be in the England World cup 11 next year??  

80 members have voted

1. 1. How many Villa players will there be in the England World cup 11 next year??

Am I the only one that thinks alot of posters have missed the "STARTING 11" bit in the title and just assumed it meant squad?

I#'ll go with 1.

No. I did. One then. Heskey. Or perhaps two, Heskey and Ashley Young (a long shot I know).

Guest Ricardomeister

Assuming everyone is fit I would say zero as surely Capello will suss out that Crouch and Carlton Cole are better strikers than Heskey. Milner and Heskey have a good chance of making the squad and Gabby will probably be up against Bent and Owen for the 5th striker spot (assuming we take 5 strikers). I think Ash will struggle to make the squad with so much strength in midfield. Warnock has a decent chance of ousting Bridge in the squad as Bridge has been very average this season. Hopefully Warnock will take his chance if it comes.

How many Villans actually make the squad will probably depend on how many of the first choice squad don't make it due to injury.

Heskey probably the only one, assuming all regular first 11 are fit.

If we get some MF injuries, then Milly has a chance.

for some reason i voted 2, which i cannot now retract. Assuming he's still with us, Emile will be the only 1 starting, I think.

I think A. Cole has LB nailed down.

Agreed. Unless he is injured, there is no way anybody egts in front of him. If we had the pick of the whole planet I can't really think of one to get in front of him, least not Bridge or Warnock.

Bridge is of form and SWP should never be near the England squad, hes a one trick pony. The squad has turned into Sven's MKII, add Beckham to it to complete the 'film star' line up. We will be lucky to get to the 1/4 finals, IMO.

Saw thid thread this afternoon, but didn't respond thought I would wait and see what tonights game showed.

I think Milner was the best player today, and if Walcott is still injury prone then the spot on the right wing should definately be in his sights.

Why no option for zero? That's what it'll be in the starting XI.

what's your opinion on Heskey for england, Mike?

Well I wouldn't pick him. Can't speak for Capello.

he seems to be first choice for Capello though, yet you seem confident that no villa players will be in the starting 11.

Do you think Heskey will have left Villa before the World Cup?

I'd be amazed if Heskey was still in the starting XI come the World Cup after a season of warming the bench for us; Carlton Cole's a younger, better version of him anyway. Milner has a chance on the left, but it depends if Joe Cole gets back to his best.

starting ...zero ..you know it will be square pegs in round holes in the midfield with Barry ,Lumpard ,Gerrard and Cole

squad 2 ..Milner , Young

heskey with luck won't be a villa player by the time of the world cup

I'm afraid I think it'll be zero. I'd say Milner probably has the best chance, but then I think he'll only slot in if the first choice player is injured. He seems to be "Mr Utility" for England. I think Warnock needed to have got some playing time yesterday to have any chance at all. I don't think Heskey will start, whether he's a Villa player or not. I can't see him playing enough before now and then to nail down a spot, even though he did quite well in qualifying.

MIlner, Downing and gabby are my predictions. Depends on how Downing performs but Capello seems to like him so I reckon if he puts in some good performances for Villa he'll get in.

Warnockand Young have outside chances but I don't think they'll make it.

Â