Who is better Raul or Ronaldo (chubby)

L6HolteEnder

Raul or Ronaldo  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Raul or Ronaldo

• Raul
    • Ronaldo

Ronaldo isn't the best striker ever. Don't need to go 20 years back to fins a better in van Basten. Ronaldo is hardly the best striker ever in Brazil where Pelé is ahead of him. Doesn't even Romario have a better goal scoring record than him? Nah, Ronaldo for me is a bit overrated and I put Raul ahead of him, and definitely on club level. Doesn't Raul have the goal scoring record in CL? Doesn't mean Ronaldo wasn't a great player, though. And a player that folds as him in a world cup final can't be considered as one of the best of all times.

:shock:

Ronaldo is a player for the ages. One of the all time greats. 62 in 97 at International level is pretty tasty, and accusing him of "folding" in the 98 world cup final is a bit bizarre, none of us know the full facts of what happened there. He more than exorcised the ghost of 98 in the 2002 finals when he dragged a mediocre Brazil side kicking and screaming to their 5th title.

Ronaldo isn't the best striker ever. Don't need to go 20 years back to fins a better in van Basten. Ronaldo is hardly the best striker ever in Brazil where Pelé is ahead of him. Doesn't even Romario have a better goal scoring record than him? Nah, Ronaldo for me is a bit overrated and I put Raul ahead of him, and definitely on club level. Doesn't Raul have the goal scoring record in CL? Doesn't mean Ronaldo wasn't a great player, though. And a player that folds as him in a world cup final can't be considered as one of the best of all times.

Ronaldo is a player for the ages. One of the all time greats. 62 in 97 at International level is pretty tasty, and accusing him of "folding" in the 98 world cup final is a bit bizarre, none of us know the full facts of what happened there. He more than exorcised the ghost of 98 in the 2002 finals when he dragged a mediocre Brazil side kicking and screaming to their 5th title.

Well, 62 in 97 is indeed very impressive and something I didn't know about, so I have to give him more credit than I do for that. And of course you're right about the final to some extent. Swedish TV said that it turned out that he'd played TV-games all night, which if true doesn't show that much of professionalism, but of course that might not be true. On the other hand, they seldom put out news that aren't true, but of course it happens. But for me he's still far away from the likes of van Basten, Pelé, Maradona, Cruyff, and maybe even Zidane.

When it comes to compare him to Raul, well, I don't know, I just have a better feeling for Raul. I don't say there are miles between them, it's just that Raul seems to fit better into a team and as such is more valuable than Ronaldo. Ronaldo might be able to do things that Raul can't, but are they as effective for the team as a whole? Well, the goals he scored for Brazil of course suggests they were. Nah, there's something about him that puts him down in my estimation.

Ive never been able to get my head round raul he never looks anything special but his scoring record is insane, ronaldo for me isnt as good as romario was but if he'd of stayed fit he would of been up there as one of the best ever, plus imo he started the boot/advert craze, I cant remember a 'nike' footballer before him

Ronaldo was without a doubt a world class performer, but for Inter Milan he was not amazing because of injuries and other reasons. I do think Ronaldo was better out of the two, but he was not the greatest striker ever like some have said. Thierry Henry and Ronaldo would be a better comparison, and that would be very close.

Well, 62 in 97 is indeed very impressive and something I didn't know about, so I have to give him more credit than I do for that. And of course you're right about the final to some extent. Swedish TV said that it turned out that he'd played TV-games all night, which if true doesn't show that much of professionalism, but of course that might not be true. On the other hand, they seldom put out news that aren't true, but of course it happens. But for me he's still far away from the likes of van Basten, Pelé, Maradona, Cruyff, and maybe even Zidane.

When it comes to compare him to Raul, well, I don't know, I just have a better feeling for Raul. I don't say there are miles between them, it's just that Raul seems to fit better into a team and as such is more valuable than Ronaldo. Ronaldo might be able to do things that Raul can't, but are they as effective for the team as a whole? Well, the goals he scored for Brazil of course suggests they were. Nah, there's something about him that puts him down in my estimation.

Have you never heard the rumour that Ronaldo was injured for the final but pepped up on painkillers etc under instructions from Nike who demanded he played? Just a rumour but he was completely out of it for the final for whatever reason, it definitely wasn't a case of folding. :?

I have heard 2 rumours

1. He had a panic attack on the eve of the final

2. They were told to throw the game by Nike and in 2006 vs France they had to do the same thing as Nike thought if Brazil were so dominant they would lose many fans. Dont understand why?

Also the players have signed a gagging order so we will never know what happened in 1998.

Juninho made the claims about the 2006 game as he didnt want to go along with it.

Have you never heard the rumour that Ronaldo was injured for the final but pepped up on painkillers etc under instructions from Nike who demanded he played? Just a rumour but he was completely out of it for the final for whatever reason, it definitely wasn't a case of folding. :?

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe folding under the pressure.

I have heard 2 rumours

1. He had a panic attack on the eve of the final

2. They were told to throw the game by Nike and in 2006 vs France they had to do the same thing as Nike thought if Brazil were so dominant they would lose many fans. Dont understand why?

Also the players have signed a gagging order so we will never know what happened in 1998.

Juninho made the claims about the 2006 game as he didnt want to go along with it.

complete rubbish. France were too good for them and won fair and square.

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe folding under the pressure.

You're the first person I've ever seen say he folded. He had a fit the night before, he shouldn't have played. Maybe I'm just offended because I think he's great. :P

It is said he passed out the night before and was sick all morning, yet Brazil NEEDED him to play and he badly wanted to play too, he did and obviously weren't anywhere near his best but I think he made up for it in 2002, two world cup final goals and 8 was it throughout the competition.

Ronaldo's scoring record is insane and that's with injuries, even for AC Milan at he scored 9 in 20 and most of them were sub games and that's when he really was chubby.

Okay it's Youtube but just go on youtube and type in Ronaldo goals and just watch him, especially at his peak for Barcelona where he scored something like 34 in 37. PSV, 42 in 46. Inter Milan despite being out for nearly 2 years, he scored 49 in 68. Real Madrid, 83 in 127. and Brazil 62 in 97.

Unbelievable player. Raul is a good player but just nothing "special" about him. Like someone said, he's a Giggs, a great player but lacked that edge to be a special player.

Raul was quite an underrated footballer imo, one game in the champions league in 2002 against Manure, he destroyed them on his own and his champions league goalscoring record remains very good. Not been the same though since 2003 when he started playing a bit deeper and got a few more injuries. Infact Ronaldo also started declining around the same period. Probably a case of both playing too much two young in high pressure situations.

Little chance we'll see either at the world cup.

Ronaldo had to suffer years of defenders kicking the shit out of him as it was the only way they could deal with him. Same thing happened to Marco Van Basten.

I am still astonished that some people dont rate him though. I can only assume they are in their early twenties or younger and never really got to see him, because at his brilliant best Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima is as good a player as any who ever kicked a ball. I really like the Giggs comparison for Raul. Ryan Giggs is Manchester United's greatest ever servant, their most decorated player. Would he get in their all time XI though? Probably not. If Raul is Ryan Giggs, then Ronaldo is George Best.

There is a goal in there (against Santiago) after about 1m30s which is something else. After he scores, the camera cuts to Sir Bobby Robson who cant believe what he just saw. His reaction is priceless.)

destroying Manchester United at Old Trafford. The United fans clapped him off when he was substituted. (its worth knowing Real Madrid were 3-0 up from the first leg)

Â