PL: Bolton h Ratings & Reactions 2009/11/07

limpid

Thought Delfounso wanted the ball and was eager to impress, although on the pitch only a few minutes he looked very dangerous and got fouled, which led to Ashley having a free kick fantastically saved. As for Warnock, I think that he has been tremendous so far this season, but that yesterday was he worst game. Not that he did anything that wrong, just not as good as he has been. Thought the winger that had (lee I think) was one of there better players and he caused Warnock a couple of problems. Delighted that he is now in the England squad as it is deserved.

Have just seen the goals on MOTD and still of the opinion that Cuellar was at fault for the goal.

Friedel - 6

L Young - 7

Warnock - 6

Cuellar - 6.5

Dunne - 7

Milner - 8

A Young - 7

Reo Coker - 9 (MOM)

Sidwell - 7.5

Carew - 9

Agbonlahor - 8

Subs

Gardner - 6

Delph - 6

Delfounso - 7

Cuellar 6.5? That's even more bizzare than giving NRC man of the match.

I suppose we all see things differently.. Yes Cuellar scored, but his distribution was poor and it looked as if it was a mistake by him that led to their goal..so yes a 6.5

What was wrong with his distribution? He kept it simple, played a great ball setting Milner free and didn't give the ball away once, completing 21 successful passes.

Friedel - 6

L Young - 7

Warnock - 6

Cuellar - 6.5

Dunne - 7

Milner - 8

A Young - 7

Reo Coker - 9 (MOM)

Sidwell - 7.5

Carew - 9

Agbonlahor - 8

Subs

Gardner - 6

Delph - 6

Delfounso - 7

Cuellar 6.5? That's even more bizzare than giving NRC man of the match.

I suppose we all see things differently.. Yes Cuellar scored, but his distribution was poor and it looked as if it was a mistake by him that led to their goal..so yes a 6.5

What was wrong with his distribution? He kept it simple, played a great ball setting Milner free and didn't give the ball away once, completing 21 successful passes.

Yeah but apart from that it was abysmal. :lol:

Jesus - we looked hungry for the first time this season - none more so than Carew and Gabby !.

Worked for everything, charged down everything, tackled everything, shot on site (that's what impressed me with Gabby. Before he scored he had a few half chances, back to goal, and there was only one thing on his mind ! - thats what a forward is about).

Can't knock it, it was a great display. The only two points I would say is:-

a) I honestly don't think we will face a worse team this season - they were appalling, so I think you have to take that into the equation.

B) We all knew what would happen if you re-install NRC into that midfield. It allows Young and Milner to do what they do best.

Lets see if MON has the bottle to keep it that way.

Oh - bye bye Emile !.

Very happy with game, in fact, if Young's crossing was a bit better, it would have been double figures - can't moan at that.

Fantastic result. Very happy especially as I said a draw, thrilled to be proven wrong.

Without wishing to take anything away from the result a special word for Bolton's shite awful defence, masterminded by Cahill (at fault for four goals on Saturday). I hope it puts paid to the ongoing debates about whether or not we should have sold him.

Did anyone think it bizarre that Megson didn't push Knight forward for their attacking set pieces? He's a beanpole - surely they've seen he can be effective on corners and free kicks?!

Anyway, I enjoyed the game and the lack of stress going into the final 20 mins of the game. Atmosphere was a bit lacking in the North Stand but I guess it was only Bolton we were playing. Against Chelsea the atmosphere was terrific.

Did anyone think it bizarre that Megson didn't push Knight forward for their attacking set pieces? He's a beanpole - surely they've seen he can be effective on corners and free kicks?!

Anyway, I enjoyed the game and the lack of stress going into the final 20 mins of the game. Atmosphere was a bit lacking in the North Stand but I guess it was only Bolton we were playing. Against Chelsea the atmosphere was terrific.

I can only imagine he was concerned about being caught on the break but i did wonder on saturday when he hardly went up for there set pieces.

Great match, most important thing was that it was a team perofrmance, everyone played their part, they all gelled together and it payed off.

Friedel - 6 - very quiet game for him.

Warnock - 8 - The Chinese winger was tricky and determined but Warnock dominated him. Going forward he is determined and can pick a pass. After so long with full backs who can either defend or attack, we now have two that can do both!

L Young - 8 As above, wasn't expecting him to be so lively and fresh after the time he has missed. Hopefully our RB for the rest of the season.

Dunne - 7 - Enjoyed the battle. Despite the ref seeming totally blind to some of the pushing and blocking of Bolton, he coped easily.

Cueller - 8 - Worried when I saw the teamsheet with the physicallity of Bolton. However, he coped and thrived, really enjoyed himself and his passing was perfect, not one misplaced ball! Deserves credit for the job he did at RB but hopefully we'll only see him at CB in the future.

A Young - 8 - Getting back to his best. A lot more confidence, trying things and effective. Still plenty more to come but the signs are good.

Milner - 8 - Hard working, skillful and effective. Wouldn't expect anything else from him, but please leave the penalties to somebody else!

NRC - 8 Very disciplined. Sat in the holding position and made sure there was no way through. Passing was good today, kept it simple but quick paced instead of dwelling on the ball.

Sidwell - 8 Thought he was fantastic in the first half, second half less noticable but still doing an effective job. Was getting beyond the strikers today, his passing was better than usual and the amount of tackles and interceptions he makes iss crucial. Also covers others so well, when a CB or NRC went forward he just drops into their position.

Carew - 9 - There was no way he was going to let a couple of old team mates stop him. He played a simple game, getting into good spots and just looking for simple flicks. Linked everything together and his best game for a long long time

Gabb7 - 8.5 - Really looking the part. Best thing today was his positioning, he just kept droping behind Carew in an off side position and just stepped back as Carew flicked it on. They linked up perfectly and then he brought others into the game. Took his chance calmly with his left foot.

MON - 8 Watching the vidoe of West Ham til the early hour payed off! Our pla today was so much more disciplined, our direct balls were aimed to suitable positions instead of just lumping it, we had a clear game plan and stuck to it. Subs were late but the players were enjoying themselves and their confidence was growing. Taking a couple of early to rest wouldn't have done them much good with an international break coming up.

Just hope to see the same line up in the next game!!

Dude he's Korean...China has and will always produce shite football players

As opposed to Korea producing good ones? :lol:

Ji-Sung Park, no?

That one who was at Reading and Wolves for a bit, then maybe Fulham I seem to remember was pretty good too. I remember him looking very good against us in MON's first home game. Seol Ki-Hyung maybe? Something like that.

As opposed to Korea producing good ones? :lol:

Ji-Sung Park, no?

That one who was at Reading and Wolves for a bit, then maybe Fulham I seem to remember was pretty good too. I remember him looking very good against us in MON's first home game. Seol Ki-Hyung maybe? Something like that.

Seol Ki Hyeon. Pretty good, has a very good header for a winger. Korea produces good wingers and decent forwards but shit defenders so I wouldnt say Korea produces shite footballers.

China on the other hand...