PL: Bolton h Ratings & Reactions 2009/11/07

limpid

Great performance and we've finally smashed a team and entertained.

Carew showed why he needs to play even when not on top form, today he was immense scored 1 and played a big part in 2 and won a pen.

Thought sidwell was better and it was nice to see 2 very good full backs on either side of the pitch.

Cuellar played well.

The fonz had a shot with his first touch which is more than heskey has done in 9 appearances, i hope this kid becomes our 3rd choice striker.

An excellent game, that showed just what we're capable of when we pass the ball around and have the odd shot at goal! Carew was back to his best, and we didn't seem to miss Collins too much which was reassuring. Warnock had another great game, and Reo-Coker did his job very well. All in all a great performance and a result to match, made even more sweeter by the fact that the wife is a Bolton fan!

glad i chose this match for my free tickets after the rapid game!!

thought we played very well today, could even have scored more i reckon. all of our attacking players were on fire today and all scored. carew bullied cahill and scored an excellent goal. knight couldnt cope with gabbys pace and strength, and gabs hold up play and running of the channels was excellent today, he deserved his goal.

crossing was much improved today from ash who looks like hes getting back to his best, and also milner which helped, jimmys ball for cuellars goal was excellent, and those 2 cross field balls he played to ash were absolutely brilliant. need to find a new penalty taker though.

defence was solid and coped well with the threat of davies and elmander. i think cuellar was the best of the back 4 and his goal was a great header

i thought NRC got stuck in well today and his passing was good. i think he really makes a difference to us.

sidwell started well but then seemed to disappear as usual. lost the ball too easily for my liking and didnt really contribute much particulaly in the 2nd half. missed an easy headed chance and an even easier rebound from the penalty. i hope when stan comes back it is for sidwell and not NRC, because id like to see how those 2 work together.

thats a minor complaint though, really pleased with the result and we passed the ball better today. funny that keeping the ball = more goals!

emphatic win for us, I was worried about what today held for us but I was lifted when I saw the team sheet, the return of Luke Young and Nigel and Sidwell in the engine room.

Some great work by the wingers today, Young was clinical with his finish and he saw loads of ball I think it's comming together for him again. Milner gave the usual James Milner performace 100% graft but added crosses the get over the first man.

Carew deserved man of the match, he's a powerhouse when he's up for it like today, the ball just sticks to him. Cuellar was classy aswel, there's real competition for the defender shirts now.

The whole team were fantastic.

Bit of a flukey goal for bolton we had switched off completely.

Good to see Delph get a run out and Gardner clattering people muhahhahah!

Great performance. We played the ball around on the floor and Sidders and Gabby made some lovely runs into the channels and through the middle. It was like watching a different team to the one that played Wolves a couple of weeks ago. It really made a difference having a right back at right back, when we pushed foward it meant that Warnock and Luke Young could support the midfield while Coker could sit back and protect the back four. It should provide MON with some a welcome headache when picking the team against Burnley. I can see the likes of Petrov and Collins sitting on the bench through no fault of their own.

I think that the club should be given a round of applause for the incentives they've given to people wanting to buy tickets. For the first time this season the wings in the upper holte were full and getting an attendance of 38,000 to Bolton is an acheivement worth mentioning, even if it was a bit quiet in the first half.

Really impressed with today. Thought we played some very nice football and the team was the right selection by MON.

Quite glad that he started NRC and also made him captain. I thought he played very well in his natural position of protecting the back four, instead of RB or RM.

Didn't expect a 5-1, maybe expected a 2-0 or a 1-1. Nice one. Decent sized attendance too considering it's Bolton. Very pleased.

Oh, and Megson would have to have the foulest mouth in the Premier League. Swears his head off and you don't need to be a skilled lip reader to know what he's saying.

He just spews shit on the sidelines and I reckon no-one actually listens to him, he just likes the sound of his own irritating voice.

Fantastic game and an example of what Carew can do if he decides to put himself about and do it! Both him and Sidwell who were invisible last time out looked like transformed players today!

The midfield, once again, looks much more solid with NRC in it. Sidwell worked very well in tandem too, breaking up their play and getting some shots (or bad misses) at their goal.

Also, once again, we rack up a big win and never looked in danger of losing when we play controlled, passing football on the ground, rather than hoofball.