PL: Burnley a Match Thread 2009/11/21 15:00

limpid

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll lose 2-0.

It's going to be this year's Stoke.

and this year we're better equipped to handle it. It will be tough, but I just have a good feeling, that the bolton game will realy have given us a boost and we'll have too much in attack for them.

I won't be thinking about this one for a while.

2 other big games between now and then!

The academy derby on the 21st and which other one?

hhhhhmmmm, joking or not, I'm not sure.

:) I mean the Ireland play off games.

Still kept United out...

Burnley are no more mugs, there organised, they like to play football and have a good crowd behind them. I'd really like to see the same team, the two midfielders of Sidwell and Reo-Coker to really get in their faces, Burnley like to play it around but they ain't got Premiership players, get in their faces, force them into areas and then we'll break on them and we have enough going forward if the liks of Young, Carew etc..are playing well to score a few.

So same team, probably Collins back in though for Cuellar or Dunne. If we keep the same team, I reckon 1-3.

If we bring Petrov back, I reckon 1-1.

Woah, woah, woah.

So your saying by playing our captain, were starting with a 2 goal defecit?

Mentalist.

Still kept United out...

Burnley are no more mugs, there organised, they like to play football and have a good crowd behind them. I'd really like to see the same team, the two midfielders of Sidwell and Reo-Coker to really get in their faces, Burnley like to play it around but they ain't got Premiership players, get in their faces, force them into areas and then we'll break on them and we have enough going forward if the liks of Young, Carew etc..are playing well to score a few.

So same team, probably Collins back in though for Cuellar or Dunne. If we keep the same team, I reckon 1-3.

Woah, woah, woah.

Mentalist.

Yes. What's wrong with thinking we are stronger without Petrov just because he's captain FFS?

OMFGZ He's captain which means he's great....what happens if Heskey was captain and I said if Carew plays I think we will win 3-1, if Heskey plays 1-1....

I think we're a better team without Petrov.

Still kept United out...

Woah, woah, woah.

Mentalist.

Yes. What's wrong with thinking we are stronger without Petrov just because he's captain FFS?

OMFGZ He's captain which means he's great....what happens if Heskey was captain and I said if Carew plays I think we will win 3-1, if Heskey plays 1-1....

I'm not alluding to whether we are a better/worse team with Stan in it. For what its worth I think Petrov plays best in a 451 formation where he has more time on the ball.

Just a little alarmed that you think by starting him, we are beginning the match with a 2 goal defecit, against Burnley. No player, even Heskey (who isnt that bad), could affect the outcome of a game in a negative way, like you were reasoning.

Petrov started against Chelski too, how many goal defecit did we start that match with?! And then win.

Mental.

ps: What in gods green earth does "OMFGZ" mean?

Still kept United out...

Woah, woah, woah.

Mentalist.

I'm not alluding to whether we are a better/worse team with Stan in it. For what its worth I think Petrov plays best in a 451 formation where he has more time on the ball.

Just a little alarmed that you think by starting him, we are beginning the match with a 2 goal defecit, against Burnley. No player, even Heskey (who isnt that bad), could affect the outcome of a game in a negative way, like you were reasoning.

Petrov started against Chelski too, how many goal defecit did we start that match with?! And then win.

Mental.

ps: What in gods green earth does "OMFGZ" mean?

To me, the 2 goal defecit thing is bullshit really, I just believe that with Petrov, we won't win because Burnley will take more of the ball, while Sidwell and Reo-Coker will win the ball more in midfield meaning we can break and attack quickly and therefore create more chances on goal and therefore scoring more. It's not saying Petrov gives us a 2 goal defecit because if we went 4-5-1 with Petrov, I'd think we would win 0-2.

while Sidwell and Reo-Coker will win the ball more in midfield meaning we can break and attack quickly and therefore create more chances on goal

When the **** has Sidwell ever won the ball or Reo Coker been able to pass the ball properly after winning it in order to create a quick attack. You are blinded by your belief that Petrov, our best player last season and one of our best this season is somehow shit and that Reo-Coker is the second coming of Gheorghe Hagi.

while Sidwell and Reo-Coker will win the ball more in midfield meaning we can break and attack quickly and therefore create more chances on goal

When the **** has Sidwell ever won the ball or Reo Coker been able to pass the ball properly after winning it in order to create a quick attack. You are blinded by your belief that Petrov, our best player last season and one of our best this season is somehow shit and that Reo-Coker is the second coming of Gheorghe Hagi.

Did you watch the Bolton game, did you see the all important first goal early on? Oh wait, what happened there, that's right, Sidwell won a tackle in the middle of the park, got it wide and 10 seconds later were 0-1 up. Not just winning tackles but also putting players under pressure because of his very good work rate.

Reo-Coker, well clearly as remember I counted the passes in the Peace Cup, he had something like 34 passes succesful out of 37. He wins the ball and passes it simple and keeps the ball.

The pass of the ball isn't the key in the attack, it's the winning of the ball, Bolton have the ball in midfield and look to attack, Bolton wingers as usually are, are pushed up which means as soon as we win the ball, a simply 10/15 yard pass into Young/Milner or whatever and they have a one on one with their defender and we break. With Petrov in the team, it's a rarity we win the ball back in midfield which means when we do win the ball back, it's usually deep in our half meaning Bolton have time to re-organise.

Petrov isn't shit, and Reo-Coker isn't the second coming of Gheorge Hagi but it's clear to me were stronger with those two in the team rather than Petrov. Just look at the results in a 4-4-2.

Sidwell and Reo-Coker - Peace Cup - Win, Win, Draw (Win on pens)

Sidwell and Reo-Coker - League - Win 5-1.

Petrov and Barry - Shit.

Petrov and Delph - Shit.

Petrov and Sidwell - Pretty shit (2 wins in like 7?)

Now what's the common factor in that?

Please tell me what Petrov does in a 4-4-2? He doesn't score goals, defensively he's average and he passes the ball backwards all the time. Okay Sidwell hasn't been scoring or making goals but at least he can run around, pressurise players, make forward runs to give space to other players and generally to a decent box to box role.

Petrov can stand around the pitch, get the ball deep, pass it back, get the ball again, pass the ball back. Let the midfield run past him. Yeah nice.

AVFC if you really want stats I will find the stats to prove Petrov was one of the best tacklers in the prem last season, because they are out there somewhere.

For the most part I agree with you but I hate it when people say Petrov is average defensively because it simply is not true.

Anyway on to the Burnley game and I feel very confident 0-2 Villa.

If Petrov is fit he will play!

Has that been announced or is it just a prediction?

Some things dont need to be announced IMO.

He's the club captain and managers favorite, Id be shocked if he was fit yet did not start!