PL: West Ham a Ratings & Reactions

limpid

Heskey threw a tantrum and threatened to leave if he didn't start playing. Is it my imagination or has he played just about every game since?

And if it was certain other players doing the same fit, they would probably never play again.

I dont know why we insist on playing out of form shit players when theres people itching to get a bite.

I wonder if Mon has has team picked already for the rest of the season?

Friedel- 7

Beye - 5(Looked a bit dodgy, hesitated too much)

Dunne- 5

Collins - 6 (One error but was generally solid)

Warnock - 7.5 (Solid)

Ashley - 6 (Seeing glimpses of him coming back, but delivery still very poor?)

Sidwell - 4.5 (Was happy with the signing, but he looks a completely different player since Reading days, pointless)

Petrov - 6.5 (Looked ok enough to me, great volley and some good passes...not 100 percent fit though)

Heskey - 6 (Wasnt as terrible as people made out...then again MON played him on the left wing!!!)

Gabby - 7 (Really started to rate him, with a good team playing the right way he could be brilliant)

Carew - 5 (Starting to look like a big, slow, lump, glimpses of his hold up play, but everything he does these days just looks like he ain't interested)

Reo - Coker - 5 (Can't pass, can't keep the ball, gives it away) shit

Luke Young - Won't rate him, on for too short a period, plus he is the best right back we have at the club . Just came back from injury and the death of his brother for 5 minutes. He'll be back

Old School MON - OH DEAR!!!

Carew is finished here.

He can't play for more than an hour and he's really not effective for that hour.

I think he's gone, I just don't think he's got it any more.

Heskey threw a tantrum and threatened to leave if he didn't start playing. Is it my imagination or has he played just about every game since?

Neither of those two should be in the team.

I've had enough of strikers at Villa who just cannot be arsed. I'm not getting on the backs of the two players mentioned but why can't we sign a striker that works hard and can put the ball in the back of the net? You might say that you have to pay massive transfer fees for players like that but I'm sure Dzeko and Grafite of Wolfsburg didn't cost that much, and they scored a shedload last season. We're richer than at any other time in the club's history and yet we can't put in the effort needed to unearth and pay a reasonable price for a player we need.

Sorry, I've been looking over a lot of old Villa vids - made me pine for McInally, Regis, Yorke, Deano and Dalian!

Thus endeth the play Sidwell and you won't lose streak. Upton Park has always been a nemesis over the years and tonight was no different.

By the end of the season O'Neill will have me bald as a result of all the head scratching and hair pulling over his selection choices and sub strategies.

With Milner injured, I would have used either Delph or NRC as a starter earlier in the game. I hope that Downing is going to be ready to play soon. Our midfield is lacking a creative dynamic spark.

i blame the officials for the defeat they were poor

i blame our useless overrated manager. Bringing on NRC to right wing instead of albrighton, playing Heskey out of position - massively decreasing what use he does have. I said it after we beat Chelsea and I say it again.. Sack O'Neill, draw at wolves, played rubbish, drew at sunderland - were abysmal, drew at everton - again poor. Shambles again tonight.

I'd wager if we'd have lined up in 451 in all these games with NRC playing CENTRALLY alongside Petrov and whomever else - with Gabby up top we'd have won, most if not all of them.

Today the decision making was abysmal. Heskey Left Wing? Staring with Carew when he's been tat. NO Albrighton. 442 fails us again. No 451 with NRC sitting in front of the defense. Then second half the enforced change, Heskey off.... there can only be solution.... can't there?

Young back to the left... Yes martin, good start. Now who to play roght wing? A defensively minded centre midlefielder, that can't really pass or cross and has never played well on the right wing or perhaps a young right winger who played against quality teams like porto and Juve and tore them new ones.

Typical O'Neill nonsense.

Please just go.

I don't normally bother to comment in threads like this and although after a win I'm pleased and a defeat I'm disappointed, I tend to be able to keep things in perspective. I'm not one for believing a win means we are great or a defeat makes us terrible, that said and with my viewing tonight being via a pretty average and choppy stream, I am thoroughly embarassed by that game.

Bennett screwed us over terribly with an awful decision on halftime and we were denied a penalty earlier in the half but there is no excuse whatsoever for the performance beyond an hour. West Ham minus one of their three or four decent players and the focal point of the attack wrestled the advantage we had gained after equalising away from us and we had no answer whatsoever.

With Young our only real threat whilst Gabby looked as clueless about not just football but life in general as he ambled about with that vacant look on his face and Carew seemingly only interested in jumping for every other ball pumped forward, Petrov looking like he'd just completed his third marathon of the day and Sidwell charging around without ever really getting near the ball.

I'm not trying to rip our players, these things happen there were some poor refereeing decisions but we don't particularly look like scoring and I worry where exactly we are headed with this group. I think games like this can be a bit of an eye opener, hopefully they'll come back strong on Saturday and we can put tonight down to experience, a bad night at the office, a clueless ref and some tired legs.

Please just go.

It is people like you why I rarely use this site anymore. Get a **** grip, draw a few games and lose ONE and it's sack him. No wonder we get a reputation.

He said Sack O'Neill after the Chelsea win. I just see some words lined up with no meaning. Just ignore, like we do with other here who are posting to get some action.

8 of our 11 league games this season have been against the bottom half. In those 8 games we have 11pts. Just over 1pt per game. The other 3 games against the top half have yielded 7pts which is over 2pts per game. Why can we not beat the shit? It's really annoying.

It will even itself up, we're a middle of the road team overall I think.

That may change if we can start finding our attacking play that seems to have deserted us, Ashley Young's form is a massive factor in that along with Carew actually being arsed to move or Heskey doing something, Gab is doing OK at the moment. The worry is that we are doing well because we can defend, Collins and Dunne have been great but Collins in particular has probably over achieved compared to where he's been the rest of his career so that could potentially be a worry if we don't start scoring (not always set pieces).

I'm just fed up with the same old frustrating shit. Sometimes we get a win, sometimes, draw, sometimes lose, but **** me it's frustrating to watch us make hard work of every **** thing. I'm annoyed and it's been building for a long time.

I agree mate, we look short of goals everygame we go into, we score 1 we concead 1 n then im left wondering where the 2nd goal may come from!!!!

As each month passes im getting more and more worried. I dont think we have enough quality upfront, we could get away with it when Carew was playing well as Gabby although has an IQ of a soggy brown envelope also manages to get the old goal.

Carew has been gash in every game so far and gabby cant be relied upon to go to the corner shop and buy a tin of beans let alone carry the responsibility of being our main goal threat.

We need Luke Young back in the team asap, and Albrington / Delph / Bannan to be given a chance to shake things up abit.

Poor again add for me were lacking so much creativity its untrue, makes me realise why barry left, mon must see what we see n know he has to do something about it, **** sidwell off n bring in nrc n geet petrov pushed forward please maybe then we can geet some more goals which were sincerely lacking!!!!!

not a great result but hey, pick ourselves up and move on, we always seem to do it. we get some great results over the course of the season and tend to finish in a very good position. this year it will be harder with the emergence of man city and tottenham doing well but we will see...let's not get carried away calling for him to be sacked. if martin o'neill leaves i for one will be gutted.

I for one do not advocate the sacking of O'Neill, I think he does too much good for the club in terms of its image, and I think the hard working/british and quality aspect of his signings is excellent.

However as soon as anyone even vaguely mentions the sacking of MON they are immediately shot down in flames by anti negativity/fickleness posters, and I find this a bit irritating.

Afterall, most of us are angry, and we all support Villa no matter what. But these people although they clearly go over the top, I can sympathise with, because I have got to say I've got to the stage where I couldn't care less because of these shocking tactics, and I actually feel that MON deserves not to win these games due to his stubbornness and refusal to use systems that work. I didn't punch the wall in frustration tonight when West ham's winner went in. MON deserved nothing from the game. However I would have certainly punched the wall if liverpool had come back against us at Anfield.

If this system is deployed for the rest of the season we will end up as a very average side. If right systems are deployed then we have the personnel, attitude and the MON motivation to challenge the top 4 or even more on the evidence that i've seen. MON needs to take a sharp step out of the 1970s in terms of his attitude to tactics and team selection, because it baffles beyond belief and is costing us points.

I'm being neutral and realistic, and while I think wanting him out is ludicrous at the moment, I can see why people have lost faith, because I'm frustrated beyond belief by that man at the moment, and have been for some time.

Please just go.

It is people like you why I rarely use this site anymore. Get a **** grip, draw a few games and lose ONE and it's sack him. No wonder we get a reputation.

shock selctive quoting. Look at the whol of my post, i include reasonings behing my feelings and even state in there taht i still want him gone even after we beat Chelsea. I've been of this opinion after the Rapid Vienna Home game as it was clear he hasn't learnt from last season.

There is seemingly no logic in the personnel & position of his line - ups, the tactics.

This is a discussion forum - i'm putting forward an opposing view to yours and a lot of others- I'm trying to back up my argument to stimulate sensible debate. I'm aware most peopel thing he's amazing - I don't

Please just go.

shock selctive quoting. Look at the whol of my post, i include reasonings behing my feelings and even state in there taht i still want him gone even after we beat Chelsea. I've been of this opinion after the Rapid Vienna Home game as it was clear he hasn't learnt from last season.

There is seemingly no logic in the personnel & position of his line - ups, the tactics.

This is a discussion forum - i'm putting forward an opposing view to yours and a lot of others- I'm trying to back up my argument to stimulate sensible debate. I'm aware most peopel thing he's amazing - I don't

I sympathise with you, read my post above and see if you agree?