PL: West Ham a Ratings & Reactions

limpid

I know its silly but this is an example of what O'Neill would have done if he'd have been ManUre manager (and he had Ibrahimovic)-

tonight he would have played a front 6 of

Nani...Scholes...Anderson...Berbatov

.........Rooney......Ibrahimovic

Nani is a left sided player who likes to cut inside, and there is no protection in midfield.

At half time, with owen, carrick, giggs, neville, valencia and hargreaves on the bench, he switches nani to left mid where he should be, takes berbatov off after realising he is crap at left mid, and brings on owen hargreaves at right mid (a central player) and he puts himself about a bit.

As the match wears on and Nani scores a wondergoal from the position he should be playing in and missing a pen when he shouldn't be taking one in an otherwise innefectual game, Scholes is 35 and dead on his feet and Anderson has had a hard working but poor game. However he doesn't change it and eventually WesBrown after a poor game at right back gets sent off, and the ineffective Ibra finally comes off to be replaced by than man who should have started at RB anyway, Neville.

Ultimately the tiring midfield is inevitably torn apart in the last minute, as it has been for the entire 2nd half.

Sorry, I am a geek, and very annoyed, and am up for a bit of MON bashing. Just to put a different slant on tonight.

The game was crying out for changes, it went stale in the second half and midfield went missing. Would have loved to see Delph come on to inject some energy in to the midfield.

Not brilliant refereeing decisions but then again we got a penalty which we missed.

Team looked tired. Late goals are always hard to take but the bottom line is it was a point dropped in the last minute not 2 or 3.

Give the team a chance to respond on Saturday before hammering them. 4th away game in 12 days, cut them some slack

I'm just fed up with the same old frustrating shit. Sometimes we get a win, sometimes, draw, sometimes lose, but **** me it's frustrating to watch us make hard work of every **** thing. I'm annoyed and it's been building for a long time.

Very happy with the first half. We were not very good in the second half, though.

Ratings:

Friedel 7

Beye 6

Collins 6

Dunne 7

Warnock 6

Young 6

Petrov 7

Sidwell 6

Heskey 7

Carew 5

Gabby 6

Reo Coker 6

Young 5 (for the clearance that gave West Ham the winner)

Bennett 2

MON 4 (why the hell take Heskey off instead of Carew? Poor decision today)

One of the worst things is i'm not even surprised we lost to the 19th placed team who had won once all season. Over 100m spent and i expected us to lose.

You can not keep playing like that and create **** all and still win matches.

Poor at Wolves, poor at Sunderland, poor at Everton, poor tonight. Same failings in each game, no creativity, yet nothing changes.

Terrible route one football, with two inept central midfielders who never present themselves to take the ball in the oppositions half. This has been the same for the last four games. Why MON decided to start Heskey where he did I will never know.

I thought Brad and Warnock had a good game, and Collins apart from his stupid pass as last man that nearly resulted in West Spam scoring.

One of the worst things is i'm not even surprised we lost to the 19th placed team who had won once all season. Over 100m spent and i expected us to lose.

Poor at Wolves, poor at Sunderland, poor at Everton, poor tonight. Same failings in each game, no creativity, yet nothing changes.

Let's hope nothing changes and we continue to finish a very nice 6th place then.

He only makes subs if he is foreced to.

Did Heskey go off injured at HT? I'm assuming it was injury related based on this comment.

no surprise. Very predictable given our recent form. Beat Liverpool and Chelsea. Lose to Wigan Balckburn and Wst Ham, draw with Wolves... our attitude is **** APPALLING against sides deemed smaller than us. Big game players for the 12 games a season. little game inepters for the other 26.

Let's hope nothing changes and we continue to finish a very nice 6th place then.

That's not the point. Yes of course sixth is nice, and is a great achievement but if we want to finish top four the way we are playing at the moment is not and never will be good enough. Additionally, the our style of football is dire to watch.

Why we changed from 4-5-1 I'll never know. Not bringing a Midfielder in for Milner tonight was pathetic. He's said already that he will use the squad when suspensions and injuries come into play. So what happens, he plays (arguably) our best striker on the wing. Great management. How must our reserves feel about that???

I'm just so frustrated with tonight. Another chance to go fourth wasted. If we really want to challenge we need to be beating teams like west ham, wolves, everton and blackburn

He only makes subs if he is foreced to.

Did Heskey go off injured at HT? I'm assuming it was injury related based on this comment.

you've got a bit of brown on your face

I couldn't get a stream and I can't pick up British radio where I live.

But I'd be perfectly prepared to give all the players marks out of ten if anyone's interested.