PL: Bolton h Match Thread 2009/11/07 15:00

limpid

Well after last nights last minute loss, a home win is definately required...

unfortunately I don't think we play well against 'physical' teams (esp in midfield) so don't expect anything out of the match with Notlob...

Beye will be suspended but Cuellar is back from suspension and should revert to RB (L Young looked v rusty last night in his 10 minute cameo)

Heskey is also a doubt (I can hear the cheers of delight!) through injury... I hope Milner comes back though.

I would definately return to a 4-5-1 for this match - with or without Milner. However, I expect Gabby to play out wide with Carew being the lone striker.

We need NRC back in the middle (not out wide!) alongside Petrov and Sidwell (neither will be dropped by MON IMO).

I can see the team MON picks as:

.................Friedel

Cuellar.Dunne.Collins.Warnock

........NRC.Petrov.Sidwell

Gabby........................Young

.................Carew

Heart says 2-0 to Villa but head says 1-1 :evil:

I'd stick my Les Paul on O'Neill playing the following team

Friedel

Cuellar

Warncok

Dunne

Collins

Petrov

Sidwell

Young

Milner (or Coker if Milner is still injured)

Carew

Gabby

He won't go 4-5-1 at home to Bolton.

Last season Bolton played some defensively naive football against us. At the time i think we were struggling to find the net and beat the lower level teams but we beat them 4-2 and i think Gabby got a brace. We could really do with another poor defensive performance from Bolton and another 4 goals. A win is imperative.

3-1 Villa

i'm tempted to say meh!

But, if Milly is not fit, surely alby has to play, in a 4-4-2, or 4-4-1-1, with gabby and a.n. other up front.

maybe the fonz should get a chance too, with heskey and carew being so off form?

just read in the mail that petrov is suspended on saturday because he got booked last night, heskey is also struggling and milner is still doubtful.

will be a interesting team selection on saturday.

id be tempted to go 4-5-1 even though its at home

..........................friedal...........................

Young L......Collins.......Dunne.......Warnock

...........Reo-coker..Sidwell...Delph.......

Milner/Albrighton.....................Young A

......................... Gabby...........................

I'd stick my Les Paul on O'Neill playing the following team

Friedel

Cuellar

Warncok

Dunne

Collins

Petrov

Sidwell

Young

Milner (or Coker if Milner is still injured)

Carew

Gabby

He won't go 4-5-1 at home to Bolton.

Last season Bolton played some defensively naive football against us. At the time i think we were struggling to find the net and beat the lower level teams but we beat them 4-2 and i think Gabby got a brace. We could really do with another poor defensive performance from Bolton and another 4 goals. A win is imperative.

3-1 Villa

think we played 4-5-1 that day as well.

Cuellar......Collins.......Dunne.......Warnock

...........Reo-coker..Delph...Sidwell.......

Gabby.................................Young A

.................. Carew...........................

If milner is still injured that would be my starting XI. fixed

Not for the footballing pureist, this one.

I would like to see:

---------------Friedel-------------------

Warnock--Dunne--Collins--Young

Young---Sidwell---NRC---Albrighton

----------Gabby--Carew---------------

I'd be tempted to put Guzan in due to the number of penalties we are currently conceeding. I'd also be tempted to put Young on right with Delph on the left, seeing as he played games there for Leeds and it'd be a good way to introduce him to the team without being in the 'thick of it'.

just read in the mail that petrov is suspended on saturday because he got booked last night, heskey is also struggling and milner is still doubtful.

will be a interesting team selection on saturday.

id be tempted to go 4-5-1 even though its at home

Young L......Collins.......Dunne.......Warnock

...........Reo-coker..Sidwell...Delph.......

Milner/Albrighton.....................Young A

......................... Gabby...........................

That'd be my team if i was the boss.

Not for the footballing pureist, this one.

I'll be amazed if there's a decent crowd for this one, and if either team manages to string more than 3 passes together, and not many goals, IF any at all.

Well, last season we won this fixture 4-2, and the season before it was 4-0 (the first in a run of three games in which we scored 15 goals). So you never know...

Anyway, I think it's time for another of my pessimistic predictions. I've made three predictions so far on VillaTalk, going each time for an embarrassing three-goal home defeat against lowly opposition. And each time we've won, so here goes:

Villa 0 Bolton 3.

Dunne's turn to give away a penalty (and get sent off). Milner's turn to miss one.

Knives out in earnest on VillaTalk on Saturday night.

Friedel

Cuéllar Collins Dunne Warnock

Albrighton Reo-Coker Sidwell Young

Agbonlahor Carew[/code]

Same teams as Pilchard and I also agree it wont be for the purist. This will be nice and physical. A proper English league game :D Which is why I think Carew is important. He'll be needed as much in a defensive role as in an attacking one with all those big Bolton b*st*rds up for set plays. I'm actually confident we will win this one though (which will be rare against a bottom half team).

I think we'll get

-----------------Friedel------------------

Cuellar----Collins---Dunne---Warnock

Milner---Reo Coker--Sidwell----Young

---------Agbonlahor--Carew-----------

And if Milner isn't fit I think we'll see Delph on the left with Young on the right, or maybe Gardner in the centre with Reo Coker on the right.