NHL

Vojskovoda

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So Seattle get a NHL team from the 2021/22 season making it 32 teams in the league.

Name yet to be decided but here are some of the suggestions in the running apparently.

Emeralds 
Totems 
Rainiers 
Evergreens 
Kraken 
Renegades 
Sea Lions 
Firebirds 
Cougars 
Eagles 
Seals 
Whales 
Sockeyes 

As if there isn't already a gazillion sport franchises in the US named after cats and birds...

Bit surprised Orcas isn't mentioned.

On a completely separated note I can't shake the feeling that the delay in William Nylander signing a new contract and therefore not playing for Toronto so far this season was actually a doping suspension kept under wraps.

Especially since he made the same impossible weight gain over the summer when he signed for Toronto as Mats Sundin made back in the days.

Relaterad bild

If it was made public there would be calls for a proper suspension of at least 2-4 years and the NHL has no interest in that.

Just tin foil speculation, but yeah.

• 2 months later...

Posting for no one but Tampa is no lock in the East. I watched Bruins beat them tonight and it will be hard to get out of the East for Tampa. Then they will probably face Nashville who added Wayne Simmonds. Think Nashville will win it. 

• 1 month later...
On 01/03/2019 at 23:40, NoelVilla said:

Posting for no one but Tampa is no lock in the East. I watched Bruins beat them tonight and it will be hard to get out of the East for Tampa. Then they will probably face Nashville who added Wayne Simmonds. Think Nashville will win it. 

Both Tampa and Nashville dumped out in 1st round, same with Toronto which is always hilarious :D

• 3 weeks later...

not NHL but Great Britain are playing World Championships at the moment for 1st time in over 20 years I think. Did well vs Germany but in an expected one sided game they were crushed by Canada

On 25/04/2019 at 00:08, Zatman said:

Both Tampa and Nashville dumped out in 1st round, same with Toronto which is always hilarious :D

I meant to say Boston and San Jose here :) It has been great so far. Salary cap system works IMO. 

On 13/05/2019 at 19:13, Zatman said:

not NHL but Great Britain are playing World Championships at the moment for 1st time in over 20 years I think. Did well vs Germany but in an expected one sided game they were crushed by Canada

Watched them before a game(against Finland?). They seem to enjoy themselves at the tournament but they are bit unqualified to put it nicely.

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

Watched them before a game(against Finland?). They seem to enjoy themselves at the tournament but they are bit unqualified to put it nicely.

Of course but in Fairness tney have not been a disgrace either

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/04/2019 at 09:14, Tegis said:

Quietly rooting for the Blues. They've been waiting long enough for a Championship

1 game to go, and they are at home next

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Happy for the Blues 😁😁😁 (St. Louis not the shitty championship team 😜

What a ride, last place in January, then winning the whole thing. Amazing stuff, and with a rookie goalie.

Thomas and Alexander Steen, with a combined 28 years in the NHL, finally get one

image.png.66d852feb2b6280a9b454c610a1a3516.png

10 hours ago, Hornso said:

Commiserations to @maqroll but personally happy to see the Blues win it. Boston has won what, 12-13 titles as a city over the past 20 years?

Always greedy for more : )

Their goalie was standing on his head and we were mostly flat. Not the effort you'd expect for a Game 7 at home. Blues played harder.

• Like 1

Â