NHL

Vojskovoda

On 3/30/2017 at 21:13, Zatman said:

I think they will go all in for free agency players. But I imagine you would have to do serious background checks before you sign a player for Vegas :lol:

The league is really dancing with the devil now. Bettman needs to be strung up for pushing for more teams.

On 5/4/2017 at 15:10, sexbelowsound said:

Silfverberg is playing far too well for my liking. I'm praying the Ducks opt to protect him instead of another D man. I think we're incredibly deep there anyway.

Played another blinder last night. I have no idea what Ottawa were thinking trading the kid. 

• Like 1

This playoffs have been amazing so far. The Ottawa - Rangers game last night was excellent hockey for a fan to watch. Hope for something similar between Blues and Predators tonight.

Penguins will win the whole thing if they just get past Capitals. Don't think any of the other remaining teams can beat them.

• 2 weeks later...

I might have given a kiss of death to the Penguins with my prediction. Both Rust and Schultz to miss game 3. Maybe they get Daley back. Still think they will beat the Sens but not so sure they'll beat Ducks or Preds anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Made my picks in the expansion draft using this site; www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft

Goalies: Murray, Lack and Ullmark

Defense: Methot,Vatanen, Savard, Schlemko, Schenn, Merrill, Pysyk and Zadorov

Forwards: Neal, Helm, Read, Bailey, Kruger, Hayes, Fehr, T.Wilson, Namestnikov, Nolan, Armia, McKenzie, Megna, Chiasson, Kassian, De La Rose, Yakupov, Schaller

Teams who desperately need to soemthing before the draft are Pens, Ducks and Preds as they don't want to lose Murray, Vatanen and Neal for nothing.

Vegas will pick more younger players who can play in their farm system a while then I have done.

On 6/4/2017 at 15:49, NoelVilla said:

Made my picks in the expansion draft using this site; www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft

Goalies: Murray, Lack and Ullmark

Defense: Methot,Vatanen, Savard, Schlemko, Schenn, Merrill, Pysyk and Zadorov

Forwards: Neal, Helm, Read, Bailey, Kruger, Hayes, Fehr, T.Wilson, Namestnikov, Nolan, Armia, McKenzie, Megna, Chiasson, Kassian, De La Rose, Yakupov, Schaller

Teams who desperately need to soemthing before the draft are Pens, Ducks and Preds as they don't want to lose Murray, Vatanen and Neal for nothing.

Vegas will pick more younger players who can play in their farm system a while then I have done.

Pretty much what I had. 

I agree though that Vatanen is very unlikely to be going to LV. The Ducks will move him before it comes to that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-6-7 at 17:05, sexbelowsound said:

We need Bieksa to stop titting about and waive his NMC though.

Nope, Instead we've made a deal with Vegas to not take Vatanen or Manson.

I reckon we're giving up Shea Theodore and some picks. 

Still think Vatanen will be traded though. Doing it this way just gives us the opportunity not to get low balled.

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

Nope, Instead we've made a deal with Vegas to not take Vatanen or Manson.

I reckon we're giving up Shea Theodore and some picks. 

Still think Vatanen will be traded though. Doing it this way just gives us the opportunity not to get low balled.

I think was an ego thing with some players. like Bieksa, Phaneuf could have waived his clause for Sens as I dont think Vegas would take either of them

Bieksa's injury allegedly stopped Ducks from buying him out. I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere.

Phaneuf has no reason to waive for Vegas. I don't understand why Enström did it. Help Jets of course but if you don't want to play for Vegas why risk it?

Everybody assumes Ducks have a deal in place. Going to be expensive if they have. At least a good player and a 1st.

Red Wings not protecting Mrazek was the biggest surprise for me. Even if he had a crap season.

On 6/20/2017 at 17:28, NoelVilla said:

Bieksa's injury allegedly stopped Ducks from buying him out. I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere.

Phaneuf has no reason to waive for Vegas. I don't understand why Enström did it. Help Jets of course but if you don't want to play for Vegas why risk it?

Everybody assumes Ducks have a deal in place. Going to be expensive if they have. At least a good player and a 1st.

Red Wings not protecting Mrazek was the biggest surprise for me. Even if he had a crap season.

Got away with just Theodore.

3 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

It's a fantastic deal for the ducks. Stoner's contract is off the books, and now we have some money to sign Eaves. We also still have our defensive core intact. 

11 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

It's a fantastic deal for the ducks. Stoner's contract is off the books, and now we have some money to sign Eaves. We also still have our defensive core intact. 

Would you re-sign Eaves? He had an amazing season but I think that's his first 20 goal season since his 2nd year.

23 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Would you re-sign Eaves? He had an amazing season but I think that's his first 20 goal season since his 2nd year.

Yea I would. Some players bloom late, and he seemed to gel very well with Getzlaf. Plus I doubt Eaves would command a massive salary. When playing with Getzlaf, he had 11 goals and 3 assists in 20 games. Even if he turns into a 20 goal scorer, he is worth it. 

• Like 1

On 2017-06-22 at 13:19, sexbelowsound said:

Very good for Ducks. Division got tougher with Flames trade for Hamonic but Ducks can go all the way(if Gibson is the guy, Im not convinced).

McPhee did a bigger tank job then I thought he would do. He is very good building through the draft so he had his sights on picking first in next years draft.

Â