NHL

Vojskovoda

I think I'm on the 'being hooked' stage now when it comes to the NHL and ice hockey in general.

Last night I watched Canuks vs Rangers (3rd game I've watched in the last 3 days on ESPN) and I'm just loving this sport right now with the high-tempo speed, end-to-end action... and more importantly (:lol:) the BRAWLS! Man, that was some brawl last night between the Rangers and Canuck players... the mini-battle between O'Brien and Avery was hysterical.

But seriously, I'm so glad I've introduced myself to this exciting sport and with games on almost every night on ESPN I'll have more time to get an even better understanding of this sport.

So, anyone else interested in the NHL and if so, what team do you support? (I'll have a wager Levi is a Red Wings fan lol)

Who maqroll supports is the toughest to guess... ;)

(bumped so mods can merge)

Unfortunately I haven't been able to follow the NHL much (though tbf, the NHL might not be worth following until at least January/February), what with the carriage dispute between DirecTV and Comcast over Versus I basically only can watch Bruins games.

(long story short, Comcast is the biggest cable company in the US (and the biggest pay-TV company) while DirecTV is the biggest satellite TV company... Comcast owns Versus and is demanding more money from DirecTV for subscriptions than DirecTV is willing to pay.... DirecTV's side & Versus' side... I really hope this gets ironed out by the Tour de France.

Vojskovoda, what percentage of your TV viewing is ESPN? :lol:

Quite a lot. :lol:

Watching Montreal @ Bruins right now... Montreal are leading but Bruins have looked the better team. Both need a win and I can't see Montreal continue being so defensive so I reckon Bruins will get a goal or two before the 2nd is over.

EDIT: Levi; I've always wondered: How does the TD Garden and Madison Square Garden transform the ice-rink to a basketball court and vice-versa. I imagine it's a pretty difficult job to do in such a short space of time.

The ice is there permanently... the arena staff will lay down mat-like things on the ice that the basketball seats and court will go on.

The Bull Gang at the TD Garden are proficient at doing that job...

In a roughly 24 hour period, the Garden hosted a Metallica concert, a Bruins game, and a Celtics game

EDIT to add: I was at the concert, too, and a good concert it was!

Love the Red Wings, watch the majority of their games, infact i'm watching the Wings and the Sharks now on t'internet, not as good as we were last year or the year before but things are hopefully starting to gel for us now after a slow start.

The ice is there permanently... the arena staff will lay down mat-like things on the ice that the basketball seats and court will go on.

The Bull Gang at the TD Garden are proficient at doing that job...

In a roughly 24 hour period, the Garden hosted a Metallica concert, a Bruins game, and a Celtics game

EDIT to add: I was at the concert, too, and a good concert it was!

WOW! That's very impressive. Thanks for sharing and giving insight.

Â