NHL

Vojskovoda

The Bruins were honored at the White House today by Obama....but Tim Thomas refused to show up in an apparent act of "protest" against Obama...it's making waves here in Boston and on NHL forums...Cam Neely came out and distanced the club from Thomas...this can't be good for the team in ANY way, really.

The Bruins were honored at the White House today by Obama....but Tim Thomas refused to show up in an apparent act of "protest" against Obama...it's making waves here in Boston and on NHL forums...Cam Neely came out and distanced the club from Thomas...this can't be good for the team in ANY way, really.

Fair play to the bloke if he feels that way. You're right it probably won't do any good to the team though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Pens - Flyers series is going to be ridiculous, especially considering the events of Sunday (and the fact that we play them again on Saturday). We really need to step up though as they've had our number almost all season.

Yeah as a Pens fan, its a bit daunting having had the second best points total in the East yet getting paired with Philly in the first round, but you have to beat the best if you want to win the Cup I suppose. And last time we won it, we took care of the Flyers in the first round, so if we get through that I am very confident we can get to the finals. It will definitely be a great series though and I reckon Crosby will begin scoring more goals and the Pens will get through.

Playoffs are ready to start in a few days... time to start growing the playoff beards!

Eastern Conference

#1 Rangers vs. #8 Senators - from 12 April

#2 Bruins vs. #7 Capitals - from 12 April

#3 Panthers vs. #6 Devils - from 13 April

#4 Penguins vs. #5 Flyers - from 11 April

Western Conference

#1 Canucks vs. #8 Kings - from 11 April

#2 Blues vs. #7 Sharks - from 12 April

#3 Coyotes vs. #6 Blackhawks - from 12 April

#4 Predators vs. #5 Red Wings - from 11 April

Disappointing last night. Didn't win the Presidents trophy and ended up in a series against a team who we struggle again. Frustrating.

Rangers in 7

Bruins in 5

Devils in 6

Penguins in 6

Canucks in 5

Sharks in 6

Coyotes in 6

Red Wings in 5

Eastern Conference

#1 Rangers vs. #8 Senators - from 12 April - Rags in 5

#2 Bruins vs. #7 Capitals - from 12 April - Bruins in 6

#3 Panthers vs. #6 Devils - from 13 April - Devils in 5

#4 Penguins vs. #5 Flyers - from 11 April - Pens in 6

Western Conference

#1 Canucks vs. #8 Kings - from 11 April - Canucks in 5

#2 Blues vs. #7 Sharks - from 12 April - Blues in 7

#3 Coyotes vs. #6 Blackhawks - from 12 April - Hawks in 6

#4 Predators vs. #5 Red Wings - from 11 April - Wings in 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nick Lidstrom retires after 20 years as a Red Wing. Depressing stuff! Alongside, Orr, Bourque, and Coffey for best defenders ever! 4 cups, 7 Norris, First european with a Con Smythe and first european captain to lift the Cup.

“Retiring today allows me to walk away from the game with pride, rather than have the game walk away from me.”

Â