General Chat

Stevo985

I set my alarm for 7am and usually get out of bed around 7.15 and go to bed around 11pm. Some mornings I feel as if I've never had enough sleep and won't drag myself out of bed till 7:45.

If you don't actually need to get out of bed till around 6am then I would have the extra sleep from 5.20 till about 5:45, then get out of bed around 6!

Each person needs an average amount of sleep a week, so you are better off having 6 hours of sleep a night every night, than 1 day of 8 hours then another day of 4 hours sleep.

Here's a random question, what time do you guys go to bed / get up? And how much sleep do you like to get each night.

I find that I really want sleep to be like putting a battery on charge, but it's not like that for me. I very rarely ever feel refreshed and good to go. I wonder if I'm missing something, or doing something wrong, I can't seem to find my happy medium.

My first alarm goes off at 5.20am then I will (eventually) get up at around 6am. What time do you think I should go to bed?

Well you're ruining 40 minutes of good sleep right there.

Here's a random question, what time do you guys go to bed / get up? And how much sleep do you like to get each night.

I find that I really want sleep to be like putting a battery on charge, but it's not like that for me. I very rarely ever feel refreshed and good to go. I wonder if I'm missing something, or doing something wrong, I can't seem to find my happy medium.

My first alarm goes off at 5.20am then I will (eventually) get up at around 6am. What time do you think I should go to bed?

I'm normally in bed between 11 and half past. Then I watch whatever's on the TV (normally family Guy) until I fall asleep.

Up at 6:15, in work for half 7.

Laura I'd say 11pm to be asleep by would be a good time, just over 6 hours sleep!

I personally go to bed watching TV, Usually around 1/2/3am.

Wake up most day around 8.15 for my 6th form, although some days have free's in the morning, so a little later.

Busy day, 6th form, work, 5-a-side for the mighty VillaTalk FC. Just got home and about to have some tea, got to revise for a law test too tommorow, didn't even know until 30 mins a go, about 4 topics to revise, take about about 40 mins each one!

Someone told me once that you should sleep in multiples of 4. Your sleep goes in cycles so after 4 hours you are in a very light sleep so you feel better when you wake up, which is why they say 8 hours is best.

Ifyou sleep for 6 hours (Laura do you go to bed between 11 and midnight?) you are in a deep sleep when you wake up so you feel like shit.

Don't know how true it is, but technically its saying you'd be better off sleeping 4 hours a night instead of 6.

Could beabsolute bullshit to be fair.

Why are some people just complete bellends?

Playing in the 6-a-side league today we were up against one of the teams who were trying for promotion and it's near the end of the season so they needed the win. 0-0 late on and as you do, I just chased down the ball across the defense to hopefully force them into a bad pass, I collided with a player, as he released the ball, the kind of thing that happens all the time in footy. He called me a prick under his breath, then tripped me up as the ref turned away. So I go over to him a minute later and do the same to him and he throws a psyche likeI've just punched his girlfriend or something. He was a bit shorter than me so I just laughed and got on with the game. But why do some people feel the need to be cheating little tossers and then go on a right strop when you have a go back?

Sorry, need to vent. Stuff like that winds me up.

Someone told me once that you should sleep in multiples of 4. Your sleep goes in cycles so after 4 hours you are in a very light sleep so you feel better when you wake up, which is why they say 8 hours is best.

Ifyou sleep for 6 hours (Laura do you go to bed between 11 and midnight?) you are in a deep sleep when you wake up so you feel like shit.

Don't know how true it is, but technically its saying you'd be better off sleeping 4 hours a night instead of 6.

Could beabsolute bullshit to be fair.

Bullshit IMO. I slept 11+ hours a number of times over the summer, literally went to sleep at 5am, woke up at 3pm, then wouldn't properly wake up and get up until like 4pm!

Although 5/6 hours is a killer in getting up, luckily i have a persistant Mom and Daf.

Playing in the 6-a-side league today we were up against one of the teams who were trying for promotion and it's near the end of the season so they needed the win. 0-0 late on and as you do, I just chased down the ball across the defense to hopefully force them into a bad pass, I collided with a player, as he released the ball, the kind of thing that happens all the time in footy. He called me a prick under his breath, then tripped me up as the ref turned away. So I go over to him a minute later and do the same to him and he throws a psyche likeI've just punched his girlfriend or something. He was a bit shorter than me so I just laughed and got on with the game. But why do some people feel the need to be cheating little tossers and then go on a right strop when you have a go back?

Happened to me 2 weeks ago, this little Fella hacked me from behind on purpose, Stevo (the one commenting right now) went through him next time he had the ball and he pushed Stevo wanting "to go"...even today, I got hacked from behind worse than 2 weeks ago, and i slid in next time he had the ball, good challenge, although sliding's not allowed and he kicked out at me. I hate people who give it but can't take it.

Happened to me 2 weeks ago, this little Fella hacked me from behind on purpose, Stevo (the one commenting right now) went through him next time he had the ball and he pushed Stevo wanting "to go"...even today, I got hacked from behind worse than 2 weeks ago, and i slid in next time he had the ball, good challenge, although sliding's not allowed and he kicked out at me. I hate people who give it but can't take it.

He was a bellend!

And he ripped my shirt, prick.

Cheers for the sleeping advice. I set alarms at, well honestly, 5.00am, 5.20am, 5.40am and then get up on my 6.00am alarm. I realise this may be messing with my sleep but if I cant wake up and go YES! Another hour in bed, then it'd kill me. To have an alarm go off and get straight up? I could never do that. I haven't done that since I was a kid.

Haha, that's awesome. Always good to have an 'enforcer' on your team. Good man Stevo!

A team got kicked out of our league while playing us 6 weeks ago, they're a bunch of chavy tossers and punched one of our players for making a bit of a poor tackle. Then as we walked to the car park after the game one of the lads moms had a go at our player for not acting grown up :? I can see why their team had a few knobs if that's what their moms are like! Some take football too serious, especially when it's only 5/6-a-side.

Nooo not unemployed my lovely, I was just considering a move of career, maybe location, that kinda thing.

Oh okay, I was thinking why the feck is she getting up so early! What do you do or what do you claim to do, but instead go on VT... :winkold:

I apparently manage an office, or go on VT ;)

Nooo not unemployed my lovely, I was just considering a move of career, maybe location, that kinda thing.

Oh okay, I was thinking why the feck is she getting up so early! What do you do or what do you claim to do, but instead go on VT... :winkold:

Oohh easy enough :winkold:

What's the actual company do? Or have you assembled a keen set of VT posters...

Cheers for the sleeping advice. I set alarms at, well honestly, 5.00am, 5.20am, 5.40am and then get up on my 6.00am alarm. I realise this may be messing with my sleep but if I cant wake up and go YES! Another hour in bed, then it'd kill me. To have an alarm go off and get straight up? I could never do that. I haven't done that since I was a kid.

That's a very bad habit and surely you know it. Set if for 5:45 if you need a little sleep in time. But you need to push yourself to wake up.

And also you're here on VT after 11. tut tut :)

Oohh easy enough :winkold:

What's the actual company do? Or have you assembled a keen set of VT posters...

It's a manufacturing company, nothing interesting. I work with all men, which I thought might be quite a nice change from managing an office of up to 12 girls... It's not. Hence the interview.

Â