General Chat

Stevo985

A beautiful crockery set? (Not kidding here.)

Posh bone china, not for everyday use.

Gimp mask?

A couple of great suggestions to get the ball rolling :D

We do already have a set of nice crocks 'for best' and I've lost count of how much of my S&M gear goes unused these days :lol:

I'm thinking about maybe for engraved crystal glasses? Not really my kind of think and will just be a dust magnet for the next 50 years but can't think of much else.

I almost hate myself for saying this, but if you pretend that we will rock you and we are the champions never actually happened then Queen are quite a good band, arent they? Innuendo is a fantastic album.

Coke is the real deal, always has been or the whole world has got it wrong.

The drink that I really crave for and have been for a while is Lucozade, can´t buy it here for some reason (the stuff you get from people when you are in hospital). Needs to be ice cold though.

Carbonated soft drinks are all shit.

The drink that I really crave for and have been for a while is Lucozade, can´t buy it here for some reason (the stuff you get from people when you are in hospital). Needs to be ice cold though.

Not always IMO. Of course I love a hot drink more most of the time, but a nice carbonated drink is welcome at times.

Reading Empires review of True Grit, I noticed they wrote 'a homage'. Now, I always thought it was 'an homage'. It also reminded me of 'a hotel' whereas some people claim it's 'an hotel'.

What exactly are the rules in regards to words like this? I always presumed it was if the 'h' was silent thus meaning a verb was the first word 'spoken', then it would be 'an' and vice versa.

Some words beginning with "h" always have a silent "h" - hour, heir, honour. I believe that "homage" and "hotel" once fell into this category, but in more recent times (don't know why) people have started pronouncing the "h", hence the confusion.

Homage and hotel both derive from French, where the initial "h" is silent. I guess we haven't really decided whether or not we've anglicised them.

Not always IMO. Of course I love a hot drink more most of the time, but a nice carbonated drink is welcome at times.

Occasionally, sure. I drink maybe one or two glasses of Coke/Pepsi/whatever a year. But it really shocks me when I see people guzzling litre bottles of the stuff on a daily basis.

Don't sit on the fence :D I can't really drink alcohol any more(Not AA or anything more because of Meds), not much more than 1 or 2 to be honest so not much choice really in the old drinks department. If I am downstairs in my study I always let tea / coffee go cold.

Don't sit on the fence :D I can't really drink alcohol any more(Not AA or anything more because of Meds), not much more than 1 or 2 to be honest so not much choice really in the old drinks department. If I am downstairs in my study I always let tea / coffee go cold.

Fair point. When I went a year without booze (2003, just to prove I could do it), the big problem was what to drink when I was out with friends in the pub. I don't really like fruit drinks, so I did sometimes have Coke. But generally, I'd go for water.

Â