General Chat

Stevo985

I heard Laura caught Trim supposedly molesting a bat, but he claims he was shaking water off an umbrella

I heard it was caused by Trim mis-hearing Laura when she said she wanted to be taken up that London

Congratulations to holteendhero and mr wiggy :thumb:

My advice for you wiggy is get married abroad on a Caribbean beach, a million times better than the traditional English wedding.

Depends on your circumstances. I'm always amazed when I see young couples have weddings that cost tens of thousands of pounds, and then struggle to afford a decent house.

If I was expecting a baby I'd rather put the money into a savings fund for him/her, buy all the pricey baby stuff, and have a simple but nice English wedding (fairer on the family and friends, too).

But of course, you should actually do whatever makes you most happy. Congrats HEH, it is indeed the best life experience ever.

EDIT: Sorry, I confused the two happy couples there. But you get my drift.

Reading Empires review of True Grit, I noticed they wrote 'a homage'. Now, I always thought it was 'an homage'. It also reminded me of 'a hotel' whereas some people claim it's 'an hotel'.

What exactly are the rules in regards to words like this? I always presumed it was if the 'h' was silent thus meaning a verb was the first word 'spoken', then it would be 'an' and vice versa.

Just had some road rage on near the Maypole. Some rocket polisher in a transit badly cut my ex up and almost hit the offside of the car, with my 3 yo sitting that side in the back. We overtook the idiot and stopped at the roundabout at the Maypole. I called him mental out of the back window and he went beserk, asking me to pull over, which I would've done had my ex, her mom and daughter hadn't been in the car. He eventually overtook like a crazy man and obviously wasn't as keen to get out the car as seemed earlier, as he took off at the speed of light. Nobhead in a van.

I use a little black notebook I obtained a few years ago in one of those young enterprise conferences. It has some bullshit 'we are all innovators' logo printed on it's flappy bookmark but other than that it's pretty handy. It's kept in a bag with my wallet so I'll not forget it before I head out and about. Unless I forget to take my wallet which I do quite a lot which leaves me stranded in town with money for the bus but nowhere else to go because I've forgotten what to do and have no money to do it anyway.

Ordered a meat feast from Mario's earlier and asked them to swap the ham for jalapeno's. It came without ham and with jalapeno's, but with anchovies on it as well. They didn't taste all that strong, but by the 2nd slice I knew there was fish on it. Fish on pizza makes me want to vomit. Just isn't right.

Â