General Chat

Stevo985

By design. The lap happens to be 2.8 miles and I take weekends off, so 28 miles in 10 days (see I'm also awesome at maths :P). While listening to an audiobook. Takes almost exactly 40 minutes and I've got through some great books in the process. Considering I hadn't read or exercised for most of the past couple of years, it's been a revelation frankly.

2010 turning to be an expensive year, with the obvious expense of my first child (worth every penny btw), I've had to shell out over £700 to get the turbo replaced on my car, recently got a £320 bill for root canal treatment and today my car has got another problem :-(

Just in case anyone is familiar with it, my Ford Focus decided that it would shut down the ABS and the Power Steering shortly after getting out of my street this morning. It then decided it wouldn't start (symptom of flat battery), then fired up no problem but displayed 'power steering failure', then I restarted it and all appeared ok... I went home and jumped in the wifes car anyway). I'm hoping (from a google about) that it is down to a dodgy battery so will hope its a simple £50 job but you never know...

I had an 03 ford focus z-tec (before I decided to lodge it in a ditch) any way not long after buying it I was driving to work going round a corner when the power steering went and the engine switched off ...stopped the car restarted it and went on my way brought it to the official dealer and told him the problem and he said a cell or something to do with the battery was flat and thats what was the prob..........Got it fixed but wrecked the car soon after :D

That's what I'm thinking Meath, according the my car it was 6Deg this morning which I believe is the coldest morning so far, it was really damp in the air and I had the front and rear heated screens on, the fan on full tilt and the lights on, if the battery had any kind of injury I think this abuse would have found it out :D

That's what I'm thinking Meath, according the my car it was 6Deg this morning which I believe is the coldest morning so far, it was really damp in the air and I had the front and rear heated screens on, the fan on full tilt and the lights on, if the battery had any kind of injury I think this abuse would have found it out :D

Hold on a minutes front AND rear heated screens , well listen to lord fontelroy over there :lol:

Â