General Chat

Stevo985

• VT Supporter
1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

ATS tyre place back of Mill Street 

Bewdley Hill and the bit round by sainsburys all closed off, been some explosions and loads of black smoke 

IMG-20210908-WA0010.jpg

Just got back from collecting the wife from the train station, you can see the flames clearly from there.

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Just got back from collecting the wife from the train station, you can see the flames clearly from there.

Based on my WhatsApp and Facebook you are seemingly the only person who didn't stop to film it 

• Haha 1

Our Customer Services Dept just received an email with the subject as follows

Lost my phone. How am I supposed to get in touch

The entire contents of the body text was

Spoiler

Sent from my iPhone

:mrgreen:

• Haha 3

• VT Supporter
4 hours ago, bickster said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah, but they'd obviously lost their other phone. The good one. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Reply to the email?

She was reporting that she had lost her phone in a cab and now she doesn't have a phone (plainly untrue) she was asking how she's meant to get in touch (to report this) when she clearly had done just that.

• VT Supporter
4 minutes ago, bickster said:

She was reporting that she had lost her phone in a cab and now she doesn't have a phone (plainly untrue) she was asking how she's meant to get in touch (to report this) when she clearly had done just that.

My attempted joke about Apple phones obviously fell on stony ground. 

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My attempted joke about Apple phones obviously fell on stony ground. 

Sorry went completely over my head as I'm someone who prefers iPhones and I work with Android ones every day of the week 

I don't recognise one over the other as superior, I consider both to be a bit rubbish for different reasons

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bickster said:

Hide contents

Sent from my iPhone

You should email back with "Sorry, we can't help, our email system is down"

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Trying to help 8 year old granddaughter,  really struggling with times tables (EG 4 x).

Any tips or tricks ? I was going to make things with dots on or similar but someone may know something better ?

ta,

Break the tables into manageable parts. When teaching a young child math in general, never a good idea to try and teach them too much at once. Pace yourself

Cannot stress enough: Have visual aids. Dots as you said are good, but even use something she likes(For example when I used to tutor adolescent math I had a kid who loved baseball so i had baseballs, gloves, and bats be part of my visual stimuli if you will)

Practice practice practice:Do each time table on their own with her until she masters them all

Use worksheets to help practice with her

And lastly just try to make it is as fun as possible. Hard to do with math but it can be done. Make it like a game but ensuring she learns the material as well. Even reward her after completing each table with a hug, high five, or if yall allow her candy a small bite of candy.

Good luck and hope this helps pal.

Edited by Big Salad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• VT Supporter
8 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Trying to help 8 year old granddaughter,  really struggling with times tables (EG 4 x).

Any tips or tricks ? I was going to make things with dots on or similar but someone may know something better ?

ta,

There’s more than likely some good YouTube videos with proper teachers breaking it down (and the 8 year old is more likely to watch a YouTube video than listen to their relative)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

ta,

Three Steps Fingers 9 Times Table

Only works on "9's"  but it's still cool.

9 x 1 =  9 digits to the right of 1 = 9

9 x 2 = 1 digit to the left of 2 and 8 to the right = 18

9 x 3 = 2 digits to the left of 3 and 7 to the right = 27

9 x 4 = 3 digits to the left of 4 and 6 to the right = 36 

And so on up to 10.

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• VT Supporter
2 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

ta,

Only maths trick I know is if you type 5,318,008 into a calculator and turn it upside down it spells boobies. 

Not sure that'll be much help though. 

• Haha 3

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â