General Chat

Stevo985

Is wanting to look ‘Korean’ any more or less bad than wanting arse cheek implants, big pouty lips, bigger tits, removal of moobs, nose reduction, full body tattoo and all that schizz?

I’m not defending any of it, but who decides looking Korean is bad, but lipo suction, face tattoos and breast enhancement might be ok?

Or are we saying the whole industry is a bit evil? 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Is wanting to look ‘Korean’ any more or less bad than wanting arse cheek implants, big pouty lips, bigger tits, removal of moobs, nose reduction, full body tattoo and all that schizz?

I’m not defending any of it, but who decides looking Korean is bad, but lipo suction, face tattoos and breast enhancement might be ok?

Or are we saying the whole industry is a bit evil? 

Nail, head.

There's something about "identifying" as Korean and wanting people to pretend you're actually Korean that strikes me as a bit more mental-health crisis than just admiring the appearance and deciding to try to look more like that though, IMO, and that's where I think patient safeguarding should come in. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Thinking about treating myself to a shacket. I googled shacket. This popped up.

FC13B721-B13E-4657-B122-E6F7D49D3356.thumb.jpeg.51b9fea662909a3b8f400ba24289f41a.jpeg

I wouldn’t wear that if you gave me £1,770.00.

And thank you and goodnight VT, I am obviously far too old.  WTAF is an actual shacket.  I feel I should go out all grammar improper and maybe get into a lift.

I Moonied it, turns out I'm the height of ladies fashion, it's a big thick shirt that can double as an outer garment. I've been doing that since the 80's, get me!

FC13B721-B13E-4657-B122-E6F7D49D3356.thumb.jpeg.51b9fea662909a3b8f400ba24289f41a.jpeg

I wouldn’t wear that if you gave me £1,770.00.

That's Quasimodo's bomber jacket. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Sid4ever said:

And thank you and goodnight VT, I am obviously far too old.  WTAF is an actual shacket.  I feel I should go out all grammar improper and maybe get into a lift.

There are posts on this page talking about some bloke getting surgery to look Korean, but a shirt/jacket has tipped you over? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Seems I’m moving with the times , or slightly behind . Got myself a credit card the other week. Was always dead against them, but I’ve enjoyed having and using it. It was my wife’s idea. I don’t go silly on it and my max is £1200. Always pay whatever off before the interest kicks in. I never used to like paying on card either, it was cash I preferred, but that’s died off as well. 

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Seems I’m moving with the times , or slightly behind . Got myself a credit card the other week. Was always dead against them, but I’ve enjoyed having and using it. It was my wife’s idea. I don’t go silly on it and my max is £1200. Always pay whatever off before the interest kicks in. I never used to like paying on card either, it was cash I preferred, but that’s died off as well. 

Bizarrely you'll likely increase your credit score by having and using one. Especially if you do pay it off in full each month. It shows that you'll borrow credit but that you can manage it whereas if you don't have one they think you might struggle. 

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Bizarrely you'll likely increase your credit score by having and using one. Especially if you do pay it off in full each month. It shows that you'll borrow credit but that you can manage it whereas if you don't have one they think you might struggle. 

Yeah this was the wife’s take on it, so she ordered two. I always associated it with bad debt, but depends on your financial situation I suppose . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yeah this was the wife’s take on it, so she ordered two. I always associated it with bad debt, but depends on your financial situation I suppose . 

Same. My dad built up a fair bit of debt on them when I was a kid and I was very hesitant when I got older but as long as you're careful how you use it then it can be a useful thing to have. 

Always keep a couple of back-up credit cards for 'emergencies'. From memory got £28k limit across the 2 of them, although I expect Barclaycard to reduce the limit on theirs as I have hardly used it in years. 

Edited by Xela

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Always keep a couple of back-up credit cards for 'emergencies'. From memory got £28k limit across the 2 of them, although I expect Barclaycard to reduce the limit on theirs as I have hardly used it in years. 

I have two, an Amex one for the (small amount of) cash back and one for emergencies or when they don't take Amex. Try to leave that one at home though. 

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Buying anything off the Internet should be on the credit card. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

#humblebrag, and as Martin would say “in full”

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

Buying anything off the Internet should be on the credit card. 

Absolutely. Anything involving holidays (remember them?) as well. 

12 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

#humblebrag, and as Martin would say “in full”

Not at all, just an example of how ludicrously easy credit is. I've never banked with Barclays, had a few historic Barclaycards back in the day, but when I had this one, the opening limit was over £10k. Ridiculous! I was only looking for about £3k from memory to put a load of flights and hotels on (at 0% on purchases for a period of time)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Useful for Internet shopping as well as provides extra levels of protection over normal debit cards. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

So apparently I've just become a community regular. Sounds like someone who frequently hangs out in public toilets to me🤔

I'm merely an enthusiast. 

Enthusiast of what, I'm not sure. 

Linking back to the conversation about financial planning, and seeing some of comments above, when did credit cards used under control become the norm, my parents were dead set against them, if you can’t afford it then you shouldn’t have it.  Did they live a life on tick and had problems or is it just easier now to control your finances with the internet et al 

Â