General Chat

Stevo985

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Not being able to see at a glance the number of posts/likes a poster has accumulated and seeing older posters have “newbie” badges has thrown it all up in the air for me.

Such a "rookie" statement. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Xela said:

Such a "rookie" statement. 

I know. It feels like it was only yesterday that I was a “newbie” to this site. Where does the time go?

Spoiler

As a matter of fact, it was only yesterday.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Just watching the Venus Williams Vs Buzarnescu match and I totally know what Buzarnescu's vagina and boobs look like, despite her having clothes on.

That's strange isn't it? 

To be fair, the cameras you've installed in her house help though don't they? 

• Haha 1

Was just walking past the wife’s car and noticed the rear tyre looked well down. I said “I’ll have a look at that in a minute, it might need topping up” (as it’s barely been used I thought it had just lost pressure).

She said “yeah, it’s handling badly at the moment, I think there’s something wrong with the brakes”.

A quick look confirms a massive screw through the tread and it’s completely flat as a pancake.

I hope she hasn’t been driving it like that for long :bang:

Luckily it’s in a spot that can easily be repaired, and been quoted £15. 

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Was just walking past the wife’s car and noticed the rear tyre looked well down. I said “I’ll have a look at that in a minute, it might need topping up” (as it’s barely been used I thought it had just lost pressure).

She said “yeah, it’s handling badly at the moment, I think there’s something wrong with the brakes”.

A quick look confirms a massive screw through the tread and it’s completely flat as a pancake.

I hope she hasn’t been driving it like that for long :bang:

Luckily it’s in a spot that can easily be repaired, and been quoted £15. 

Had basically the same thing happen. Took it down to the local garage on the spare tyre. They did the job for free, to my great surprise. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Had basically the same thing happen. Took it down to the local garage on the spare tyre. They did the job for free, to my great surprise. 

Her car has the puncture repair kit, no spare, no jack.

I’ll use my jack in the morning, take the wheel off and take it to the garage in my car. 

I was pleased at £15 as a budget brand for it was over £50 and it’s nearly new.

17 hours ago, bickster said:

three times what it should cost, plenty of tyre places do puncture repairs for a fiver in these parts (not the big chains obviously)

Yeah, I only had a short window to get it done first thing as she needed it for an appointment and they said they could do it first thing. 
I could have shopped around a bit but decided to take that one as it was close too.

They got it sorted in about 10 minutes so all was good. 

17 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

In the news today - ‘Oli London’ (yep, never heard of him/them before either, apparently some kind of ‘influencer’) has had 18 surgeries to look like his favourite Kpop star and has now today come out as Korean.

It’s being called racial transition surgery and apparently he’s long felt he’s a Korean born in a white, British, male body, not just Korean, but non-binary too.

I don’t even know where to start on it.

Good bet for next year's Deadpool methinks.

18 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

In the news today - ‘Oli London’ (yep, never heard of him/them before either, apparently some kind of ‘influencer’) has had 18 surgeries to look like his favourite Kpop star and has now today come out as Korean.

It’s being called racial transition surgery and apparently he’s long felt he’s a Korean born in a white, British, male body, not just Korean, but non-binary too.

I don’t even know where to start on it.

The doctors that went along with this need investigating, tbh. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The doctors that went along with this need investigating, tbh. 

And anyone else who never said no.

Why have we moved to become a society that cannot say no? Perhaps because we’ve spent so long telling people they can be whatever they want to be, sadly, it gets taken to this extreme.

I’ve been trying to work out if it’s me with the ‘problem’, I consider myself relatively live and let live, but if that was truly the case, this wouldn’t bother me. But it does.

It feels like basic constructs of life are being dismantled and torn apart all to appease a really small minority.

My daughter is obsessed with South Korea. Kdrama, kpop, korean everything. She felt this lad was a **** idiot and why didn’t a parent have a word before it got to this. 

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My daughter is obsessed with South Korea. Kdrama, kpop, korean everything. She felt this lad was a **** idiot and why didn’t a parent have a word before it got to this. 

Why does a qualified medical practitioner agree to do this?!? 

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

They might have been accused of dead-nationalising him. 

• Haha 2

If someone really wants to look Korean and they have the capacity and the funds to make that happen, good luck to the crazy bastards. Live and let live, and all that. It seems the kind of thing that should require some very thorough due dilligence when it requires 18 operations, but maybe that happened, it's not the kind of detail that makes for a sexy tabloid story after all. I doubt it though.

Edited by Davkaus

Â