General Chat

Stevo985

On 27/06/2021 at 11:59, Rds1983 said:

Apparently I've earned some awards and ranks on Villatalk. Assuming that's a new thing? 

My badges are 'rare'... That's exciting. I feel like I'm playing Pokémon or something. 

I like that I'm the one of the top 3 or 4 oldest VT posters in terms of date joined ..and yet I'm a newbie :) 

• Like 1

I’ve tried to take a bit of time out from posting on VT, then they go and gamify it. Now I have no choice but to try and earn all the badges, how am I going to get any work done now?

I’m old, I can’t cope with all this change. 

I got a pretty bad sunburn on my back after working in the garden on saturday. Hasn’t bothered me much since, the bright red colour aside. However, about 30 minutes ago, it started itching and I’m now finding myself in real agony. Like, literally screaming in agony. It’s not even painful, it’s just an absolutely unbearable, constant itch. 

Edited by El Zen

51 minutes ago, El Zen said:

I got a pretty bad sunburn on my back after working in the garden on saturday. Hasn’t bothered me much since, the bright red colour aside. However, about 30 minutes ago, it started itching and I’m now finding myself in real agony. Like, literally screaming in agony. It’s not even painful, it’s just an absolutely unbearable, constant itch. 

Haven't done it that badly since I was a kid. 

Good going, managing it in Norway. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I like that I'm the one of the top 3 or 4 oldest VT posters in terms of date joined ..and yet I'm a newbie :) 

18 years is an impressive stint, will have to have a celebration for your 20th year and post a pic of a golden watch or something.

I did a few years just reading along before signing up properly (purely to play fantasy football). 

34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Haven't done it that badly since I was a kid. 

Good going, managing it in Norway. 

I don’t normally get sunburnt, certainly not in Norway. Which is why I didn’t think to wear any sunscreen on a blistering hot day digging in the garden. 

This looks scary.

Elephant and Castle fire: Huge blaze at railway arches

Elephant and Castle fireElephant and Castle fire

A fire has caused a huge amount of smoke to billow into the sky above south London.

About 70 firefighters are battling the blaze at some railway arches near Elephant and Castle station.

Social media reports suggest the fire began in a mechanics beside the former shopping centre.

Local residents have been warned to keep doors and windows closed and all trains have been stopped from running through the area.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-57642027

Edited by sne

16 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It was only 8 above 0c.

Transparent skinned mofo's.

I’m a delicious mix of Nordic blond and Romani tan. 

But now I’m more like the inverse of this: 
tan ross geller GIF

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I've not earned a new badge all bloody day. 

Angry Ufc GIF

No badges for me today but excitedly I am now a 'rookie'... 

Trying not to remember that I think I was on the verge of making it to the first team or something like that on the old system. 

Just now, Rds1983 said:

Trying not to remember that I think I was on the verge of making it to the first team or something like that on the old system. 

Scratch that. I'm now an Apprentice... Funky blue leaf... Woohoo! 

Just 11 more ranks to go! 

Edited by Rds1983

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

I would suggest not being such a cereal (Cheerios) rapist would help.

1 minute ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I would suggest not being such a cereal (Cheerios) rapist would help.

Gonna need to explain that one. It's been a long day and you've lost me. 

Â