General Chat

Stevo985

It does beg the question: if that were true, how would the US Christian fundamentalists react? Anti-abortion, but anti-gay. Perhaps God would tell them they could make an exception in this case? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Everything is organic and eco friendly, as is the toilet, toilet paper etc. Which means it uses less water, harder to flush paper etc.

I did a project in London 2 years ago doing a feasibility study on an exhibition centre for Nissan who were going to power a car using hydroponics, they were going to grow strawberries, generate electricity off it, power a Nissan Leaf and then drive round to borough market and sell the strawberries...

The plot of land they found was in the car park of an eco friendly kickstarter type project funding centre, one of the companies with an office upstairs in the centre was a company making toilet paper from recycled bamboo, they had the product in place the marketing in place everything ready to go (unfortunately it wasn't called bumboo :( ) they were providing the centre with the paper...they were having their foul drains pumped once a month...I had to go down there and supervise a drainage survey and the guys were laughing their bollocks off, never seen anything like it, it was completely destroying the system because it doesn't break down 

16 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Interesting development on my first vaca day. Long story short. 

[too horrifying to quote fully]

Bucket of hot (but not boiling) water, squirt a good glob of shampoo directly into the bowl then pour the water in (may take a couple of goes).  The shampoo will act as a lubricant and the force plus temperature of the water softens the contents enough to eventually flow through.

I speak from a depressingly hefty amount of experience.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Interesting development on my first vaca day. Long story short. 

I'm on vaca in Copenhagen with my gf. We just arrived at our airbnb today, around noon, after spending 3 hours walking the town as the owner wanted a late check-in. 

We sat down in the apartment before we decided on where to go first. After a while we decided on what we wanted to do. I had the mandatory "new apartment, new city, first trip outside poo" or "Hotel poo" if you will. The type of toilet break where you really are comfortable about being relaxed in your own space after stressing around in a new city. Now here's when the problem occurs. We instantly realised the apartment is full of organic vegan crap. Everything is organic and eco friendly, as is the toilet, toilet paper etc. Which means it uses less water, harder to flush paper etc.

So after about 8 hours of walking Copenhagen we come home and I go to take a piss and I notice there's a bloody anaconda in the toilet. My first instinct was to praise my gf, then I thought maybe it was friend of the landlord or something, before I finally realised (based on the tear and wear of the poo) that it probably was mine and had been in the water for many hours.

I proceed to try and flush it. Nothing happens. I flush about 4-5 times. Nothing happens. Nothing. And the poo is intact. I'm not sure what happens, but it's like the bastard has oxidized with some organic toilet smelly thing. I try to find some tools, but there's nothing here. I flush some more and it seems the poo is essentially going down and around the water lock. Worst bit is that the extra  organic eco friendly toilet paper I've tried to jam it down with is now not even disintegrating in water. They are all floating. It's like flushing XPS sheets. 

Then I go to the kitchen for some appliances. And in the end I had to use a salad spoon to carve the poo up and mash everything inside the lock to be able to flush. 

And this is why you 1) don't go eco friendly on your toilets 2) don't rent your apartment out on airbnb. 

I washed the salad spoon mind. But this was not how I saw my first day ending. 

When I was on holiday in Stockholm we were having a ridiculously expensive pint and I decided I needed to drop the kids at the pool, the toilet was locked so I asked for the key and the guy behind the bar gave it to me and it had a whisk attached to it for some reason.  I had a similar issue to you and ended up poking my floater with the whisk whilst flushing to get rid of it.  I have no idea if that was why it was attached to the key and didn't bother asking when I gave it back to him (I did rinse it with soap and water btw).

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

It does beg the question: if that were true, how would the US Christian fundamentalists react? Anti-abortion, but anti-gay. Perhaps God would tell them they could make an exception in this case? 

They ‘prey the gay away’ with their conversion therapies. 

1 minute ago, il_serpente said:

spacer.png

A rare opportunity to troll @mjmooney on language usage must always be seized with relish!

I can't be the only one wondering how long it took you to check, then double check, then triple check your reply. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Funny thing is, I did consider whether it was an incorrect usage, decided it probably was, and then thought 'Ah **** it' and posted anyway, 

But it's a fair cop, you got me bang to rights, I'll come quietly, society's to blame (...cont. p94) 

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Q magazine to shut

Another nail in the coffin of Shit Music

Currently THE worst music magazine on the shelves and pretty much always was. I don't buy any of them any more but I do have a Readly subscription, where I read them. Not once have I remotely seen a cover of Q and thought I might open it and read that

The people currently buying music aren't really interested in the music Q was pushing

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Currently THE worst music magazine on the shelves and pretty much always was. I don't buy any of them any more but I do have a Readly subscription, where I read them. Not once have I remotely seen a cover of Q and thought I might open it and read that

The people currently buying music aren't really interested in the music Q was pushing

I always thought it was a pile of Q even when I was 'into' music. Didn't realise it was still going.

• Like 1

Â