General Chat

Stevo985

I don't want to be the word removed that shits all over your new toys, but Smeg products aren't worth it IMO. Cheap internals in a pretty shell, and they get really negative reviews. I had a Smeg oven, and I'd never have another one of their pretty, overpriced, unreliable products.

In that price bracket, I'd go for AEG all day long.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Yeah I read all the reviews. Then I tried them. And they are great. 

I think unless you're a professional, the Smeg brand is more than sufficient. If you're a pro, you might want more utility, power and size in general. 

But for everyone else it's great. Feels proper quality. 

The price is pretty high, but that's what you got to pay for design and quality.

And the design is there. The appliances look excellent just standing there. I'd much rather pay a little more and get this over any Electrolux or Kitchenaid of the same bracket. 

And this takes some doing coming from me as I was very sceptical to this brand to begin with. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

3 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Never a truer word spoken with regards to what's going on. Makes you wonder how we got here.

Oh that made me want to punch kittens. I have absolutely no idea who he is nor do I wish to know but I think I've invented a new word to describe what went on there... vaicuous 

22 hours ago, Chindie said:

When did June and July become October? The weather for the last couple of weeks has been **** miserable. Not just in the usual crap British summer way, it's been the better part of a month of the world looking like the inside of Eeyore's arse.

Good. Better than sweating when just sitting there. Not being able to sleep because I'm sweating. Getting terrible headaches because of the sun, kids moaning they are hot and bothered. Cannot bear the heat. Give me cool weather, wind and rain. Snow. Fantastic, can't **** stand the heat.

8 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Good. Better than sweating when just sitting there. Not being able to sleep because I'm sweating. Getting terrible headaches because of the sun, kids moaning they are hot and bothered. Cannot bear the heat. Give me cool weather, wind and rain. Snow. Fantastic, can't **** stand the heat.

But we get that shitty weather for about 340 days of the year, this is meant to be our turn!

• Like 2

Kasabian put out a statement yesterday saying the singer has left by mutual consent to tackle personal problems 

The singer was in court today for beating up a woman.

No mention of that in the statement, the singer got sentenced to 200 hours community service today

Now, why not mention in the statement that the singer was a woman beater who has been gladly **** off out the band, and why has he only been given community service, when passing sentence the judge said "I should send you to jail for this"

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

Kasabian put out a statement yesterday saying the singer has left by mutual consent to tackle personal problems 

The singer was in court today for beating up a woman.

No mention of that in the statement, the singer got sentenced to 200 hours community service today

Now, why not mention in the statement that the singer was a woman beater who has been gladly **** off out the band, and why has he only been given community service, when passing sentence the judge said "I should send you to jail for this"

It was his statement yesterday - The band have released a statement today saying they kicked him out and that he hand the chance to hold his hands up yesterday and **** that up too

Always came across as a guy who enjoyed the marching powder a bit too much

Noel Gallaghers statement whilst hilarious looked horrible yesterday and even worse today 

Edited by villa4europe

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting development on my first vaca day. Long story short. 

I'm on vaca in Copenhagen with my gf. We just arrived at our airbnb today, around noon, after spending 3 hours walking the town as the owner wanted a late check-in. 

We sat down in the apartment before we decided on where to go first. After a while we decided on what we wanted to do. I had the mandatory "new apartment, new city, first trip outside poo" or "Hotel poo" if you will. The type of toilet break where you really are comfortable about being relaxed in your own space after stressing around in a new city. Now here's when the problem occurs. We instantly realised the apartment is full of organic vegan crap. Everything is organic and eco friendly, as is the toilet, toilet paper etc. Which means it uses less water, harder to flush paper etc.

So after about 8 hours of walking Copenhagen we come home and I go to take a piss and I notice there's a bloody anaconda in the toilet. My first instinct was to praise my gf, then I thought maybe it was friend of the landlord or something, before I finally realised (based on the tear and wear of the poo) that it probably was mine and had been in the water for many hours.

I proceed to try and flush it. Nothing happens. I flush about 4-5 times. Nothing happens. Nothing. And the poo is intact. I'm not sure what happens, but it's like the bastard has oxidized with some organic toilet smelly thing. I try to find some tools, but there's nothing here. I flush some more and it seems the poo is essentially going down and around the water lock. Worst bit is that the extra  organic eco friendly toilet paper I've tried to jam it down with is now not even disintegrating in water. They are all floating. It's like flushing XPS sheets. 

Then I go to the kitchen for some appliances. And in the end I had to use a salad spoon to carve the poo up and mash everything inside the lock to be able to flush. 

And this is why you 1) don't go eco friendly on your toilets 2) don't rent your apartment out on airbnb. 

I washed the salad spoon mind. But this was not how I saw my first day ending. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â