General Chat

Stevo985

48 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

AKA 'Disappearing down the rabbit hole'. 

AKA my eldest. He's the very definition of a heavy-metal-double-kick drummer. But lately I've been hearing new noises from the cellar. He said he needed more groove and feeling. So jazz it is :lol:

Edited by Tegis
Ella Fitzgerald
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tegis said:

AKA my eldest. He's the very definition of a heavy-metal-double-kick drummer. But lately I've been hearing new noises from the cellar. He said he needed more groove and feeling. So jazz it is :lol:

How about a bit of Blackjazz, the combination of Black Metal and Jazz? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

Good lad. 

4 and a half months after the general election and Ireland now has a new government. The two centre rigtht parties Fianna Fail and Fine Gael are joined by the centre right Green party in power. Míchael Martin takes over from Leo Varadkar as Taoiseach (PM) until 2022 when Varadker returns to power. The Greens will be annihilated again at the next election and are getting **** all green policies through in the program for government.

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

from the 4 accidents I've had, in which I've always been driver 1, that's been the case

in the last one I had on the motorway driver 2 made a claim vs driver 3 that they had pushed them in to me

In my experience, not of crashes personally but in the taxi industry generally, you really need dash cam footage of the incident or the car at back of a multicar shunt is copping for the lot

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Has anyone heard? Liverpool have won the league apparently.  First time in 30 years apparently. 

Well I never. 

And it only got about 20 minutes on the national news. 

33 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Liverpool have won the league apparently.

It answers the old question about if a tree falls in a forest and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?

If a team wins the league, and there's no one there to see it, does it make an annoying whiny sound - conclusively yes :P

But congratulations to them. Cracking side, excellent manager.

My lease car goes back tomorrow and for the next car I'm looking to buy something more modest - just take out a loan and go from there.

I was offered (well, pre-approved) a decent-ish rate by Zuto, who advertise on AutoTrader, but the Mrs talked me into applying through a bank to see if I could get a better rate.

I went through the full process and was approved by the bank at a rate far higher than advertised and higher than the "pre-approved" Zuto rate.

If I don't want to accept the bank loan, do I just leave it?  I haven't signed anything and I have 28 days to accept it.  I'm worried it's knackered up my chances with the Zuto loan now too, with me having a search on my record.

I wish the whole loan and credit card thing wasn't so cloak and dagger...

6 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

My lease car goes back tomorrow and for the next car I'm looking to buy something more modest - just take out a loan and go from there.

I was offered (well, pre-approved) a decent-ish rate by Zuto, who advertise on AutoTrader, but the Mrs talked me into applying through a bank to see if I could get a better rate.

I went through the full process and was approved by the bank at a rate far higher than advertised and higher than the "pre-approved" Zuto rate.

If I don't want to accept the bank loan, do I just leave it?  I haven't signed anything and I have 28 days to accept it.  I'm worried it's knackered up my chances with the Zuto loan now too, with me having a search on my record.

I wish the whole loan and credit card thing wasn't so cloak and dagger...

2 credit searches won't have any impact. If you had 20 in a day it might!

Might be worth ringing the Bank and speaking to someone. They can sometimes override the rate if challenged. Just say you've had a better rate elsewhere and it surprised you as I'm a loyal customer etc. You know, lay it on a bit! :) 

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

Might be worth ringing the Bank and speaking to someone. They can sometimes override the rate if challenged. Just say you've had a better rate elsewhere and it surprised you as I'm a loyal customer etc. You know, lay it on a bit! :) 

Sadly I'm not a loyal customer. Just a random punter.  Might be worth me trying it out though, so if they aren't a "computer says No" kinda set-up.

I've always hated anything credit related. I think being a Brummie means you're born with a guilty conscience.  I'm still surprised when I get approved for a new mobile phone contract!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

So stuff yer loan up yer jacksee, you bunch of twistd bankers isn't the right approach?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

So stuff yer loan up yer jacksee, you bunch of twistd bankers isn't the right approach?

Well, its a bold opening gambit, I'll give you that. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Sadly I'm not a loyal customer. Just a random punter.  Might be worth me trying it out though, so if they aren't a "computer says No" kinda set-up.

I've always hated anything credit related. I think being a Brummie means you're born with a guilty conscience.  I'm still surprised when I get approved for a new mobile phone contract!

The worst they can say is no! 

Most decisions are just algorithms but they do occasionally have humans there who can make a decision 

Years back I got a loan online through my bank, then few months later I was in the branch and they managed to sit me down to see what they could flog me. The lady saw that I’d had the loan and said I should have called the branch directly I’d have got a better deal. 

• Like 1

Â