General Chat

Stevo985

9 hours ago, sne said:

soldiers killed in a firefight between India and China, also yesterday

20 Indian soldiers killed in Himalayan border clashes with China, says army

The Indian army says 20 of its soldiers have been in killed in border clashes with Chinese troops.

The development marks a major escalation following a stand-off between the two sides in the western Himalayas lasting several weeks.

The Indian army said 17 of its troops who were critically injured in the fighting in the Galwan Valley on Monday night have now died.

It follows the deaths of an officer and two soldiers earlier.

Indian and Chinese troops fought with iron rods and stones, and no shots were fired, according to an Indian government source, Reuters reported.

Although tensions have been high recently, with both sides accusing the other of incurring on to sovereign territory, these are the first fatalities between the two sides for three decades.

...more

• Like 1

So, if I rent a film from Amazon Prime, and I like it enough to buy, I should get the rental charge deducted from the purchase price, right? Yeah, thought not. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, snowychap said:

I've got a friend in the marines/navy. He keeps telling me about all this dodgy shit that China is doing. Taking islands that aren't theirs all over the place and invading other territories that sort of thing.

He's a bit of a bullshitter at times so I tend to take everything with a pinch of salt but it's worth keeping an eye on.

• Like 1

I'm intrigued by how different people are in the morning. I'm a ridiculous morning person. I like waking up. I tend to sing and whistle and most people **** hate me for it. Fortunately my SO is pretty similar, all though maybe not quite as extreme. But I'm finding the differences between people very interesting. Some people just don't seem to function in the morning, even if they go to bed early. 

Is there a biological explanation to this? I assume there's a genome thing going on,.

• Like 1

Before Trump the US had been gradually surrounding China with bases, who in turn are creeping towards Japan by sequentially seizing a chain of little islands in a disputed archipelago.

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm intrigued by how different people are in the morning. I'm a ridiculous morning person. I like waking up. I tend to sing and whistle and most people **** hate me for it. Fortunately my SO is pretty similar, all though maybe not quite as extreme. But I'm finding the differences between people very interesting. Some people just don't seem to function in the morning, even if they go to bed early. 

Is there a biological explanation to this? I assume there's a genome thing going on,.

I am one of the people who can't function properly. My brain doesn't start until about midday. Mornings suck. If I didn't have to get up to work each morning, I'd naturally wake up around 11am and go to bed at 4 or 5am. That's my natural bodyclock. Dunno why tho! 

My gf loves the mornings and it annoys the **** out of me 😂

Edited by PieFacE

9 minutes ago, Xann said:

Before Trump the US had been gradually surrounding China with bases, who in turn are creeping towards Japan by sequentially seizing a chain of little islands in a disputed archipelago.

"Archipelago" is one of my favourite words. 

11 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm intrigued by how different people are in the morning. I'm a ridiculous morning person. I like waking up. I tend to sing and whistle and most people **** hate me for it.

Is there a biological explanation to this?

Yes, there is.  You have what we call in the medical profession the utterbastardgene.

• Haha 1

Three times I've been listening to a boring conference call at work, my mind has wondered and I've gone to 'pause' the call on my earphones like I would when listening to a podcast, meaning I accidentally hang up instead.

It wouldn't be so bad but it means everyone on the conference hears "Paddywhack....has left the call".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

(Mildly) fun game.

Go to google, type in “Florida man” then your birthday.

Here’s mine 

spacer.png

That is a fun game. 

I got A Florida man has been arrested after he was accused by multiple people of having sex with a miniature horse.

And Florida man accused of fatally beating uncle's dog with a shovel

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Xann said:

True, though somewhat underselling the extent of China's (absurd) territorial claims:

_87563682_south_china_sea_060116_624_v3.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I’m good at getting up early if I have to but it takes me a while to properly wake up. My SO doesn’t seem to get it and often talks to me loads in the morning and can’t understand why I give one word answers or can’t be bothered to talk 😂

Â