General Chat

Stevo985

24 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I thought he'd be Lord of Lichfield by now.😀

Between me and the local MP, Michael Fabricant. 

14 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

One thing Americans have that we don't, and that I absolutely love, is Chicago mix popcorn. I was very skeptical before I bought some, but that shit is highly addictive.

What’s Chicago mix popcorn?

For me, popcorn has to be salted, not sweet. And if you can get it (unlikely) or make it at home, put melted butter on it too. 

I've had two people knock my door today, one trying to get me set up a direct debit to a charity, the other was from moneysupermarket and started asking me about my broadband.

I always feel bad interrupting them to say I'm busy or not interested as they're just doing their job, but I'm assuming it was from today they were allowed to go back to work, maybe?

If so, are our doorbells going to be rang a lot more now over the next few weeks as companies know a lot more people are working from home?

I have absolutely no problem shutting the door in their face. I tell them I'm not interested, if they try to keep talking, I just close it in their face. I hate salespeople in general, but the ones who interrupt my day via unsolicited phone calls or knocks at the door can **** right off.

I did almost engage with one that was selling windows, because I needed some work doing, but I realised the very last people I should be buying from are people that try to win business by knocking door to door, that's not a sales method I want to encourage.

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I have absolutely no problem shutting the door in their face. I tell them I'm not interested, if they try to keep talking, I just close it in their face. I hate salespeople in general, but the ones who interrupt my day via unsolicited phone calls or knocks at the door can **** right off.

I have one of those "no cold callers, religious types " stickers on my front door & it works 99% of the time - even the jehovah witnesses keep away.

However, when some pikey yoof in a cheap skinny suit still rings the bell and starts out by saying "s'oiright mate i ent sallin ya nuffink..." i usually tell them i just rent the place and it stops them in their tracks.

Or if it doesn't then i kick off and offer them my glasses so they can read the effing sign on my door !!

2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I have one of those "no cold callers, religious types " stickers on my front door & it works 99% of the time - even the jehovah witnesses keep away.

However, when some pikey yoof in a cheap skinny suit still rings the bell and starts out by saying "s'oiright mate i ent sallin ya nuffink..." i usually tell them i just rent the place and it stops them in their tracks.

Or if it doesn't then i kick off and offer them my glasses so they can read the effing sign on my door !!

;)

DifficultHollowAssassinbug-size_restrict

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I did almost engage with one that was selling windows, because I needed some work doing, but I realised the very last people I should be buying from are people that try to win business by knocking door to door, that's not a sales method I want to encourage.

A few years ago my friends wanted double glazing quotes so they accepted cold calls and booked appointments from 2 firms. Neither turned up. 

My back is **** killing me. I've no idea why. But it's bloody agony. My legs nearly gave out earlier just walking around the house from the pain. I've never had anything like it.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

My back is **** killing me. I've no idea why. But it's bloody agony. My legs nearly gave out earlier just walking around the house from the pain. I've never had anything like it.

Would you be interested in a copy of Peoples Friend?

22 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Back ache is corona symptom isn’t it? 

2020 gonna 2020.

North Korea blowing up a border station at the South Korea border yesterday and claim their army is ready for an attack and soldiers killed in a firefight between India and China, also yesterday. 

👌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

2020 gonna 2020.

North Korea blowing up a border station at the South Korea border yesterday and claim their army is ready for an attack and soldiers killed in a firefight between India and China, also yesterday. 

👌

2020 has been fairly low on wars so far. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

2020 gonna 2020.

👌

It wasn't a border station just a liaison office , the north withdrew from it back in March 19 anyway   ... its not an attack against the South in any real sense , just a symbolic act  ...North-South relations have been patchy for well over a year now  .

Pyongyang rarely acts on the spur of the moment so they declared back on the 4th June they would be completely cutting  off all the communication and liaison lines between the north and the south , if the South didn't stop leafleting in the North  ... it seems they have just acted out on the threat

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

It wasn't a border station just a liaison office , the north withdrew from it back in march 19 anyway   ... its not an attack against the South in any real sense , just a symbolic act  ...North-South relations have been patchy for well over a year now  .

Pyongyang rarely acts on the spur of the moment so they declared back on the 4th June they would be completely cutting  off all the communication and liaison lines between the north and the south , if the South didn't stop leafleting in the North  ... it seems they have just acted out on the threat

How the hell have communications broken down so quickly to what we saw a year ago?

I think kims sister is worse than him

Just now, Demitri_C said:

How the hell have communications broken down so quickly to what we saw a year ago?

I think kims sister is worse than him

in simple terms  , NK needs money and economic aid  , this is the calculated way to get some attention 

The sister is interesting  ,they do seem to be raising her profile , but she isn't next in line to take over despite what you may have read ...  though interestingly she is married to the son of the person who would most likely take over in the event of the death of KJU ....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

It wasn't a border station just a liaison office , the north withdrew from it back in March 19 anyway   ... its not an attack against the South in any real sense , just a symbolic act  ...North-South relations have been patchy for well over a year now  .

Yeah I read that it was a "retaliation" for North Korean defectors in South Korea dropping pamphlets over the North or something silly like that

Â