General Chat

Stevo985

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Going to view a house today. Looks absolutely massive with a huge drive and asking price is very good. The agents told us the catch - there is a cemetary behind the garden about 15-20metres away. 

Not sure if thats a good idea or not. One hand security will be good but on other if you wanted to resell in years to come im not sure how many people would be interested in it?

Just don't watch Poltergeist is all I will say to you. 

Does anyone else find that their dog has drinking water from their water bowl well down the list of places to take a drink from, below puddles, off garden furniture, kids pool, out of the grass if it’s been watered, toilet, buckets etc?

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

Does anyone else find that their dog has drinking water from their water bowl well down the list of places to take a drink from, below puddles, off garden furniture, kids pool, out of the grass if it’s been watered, toilet, buckets etc?

Tap water must smell like a chlorinated pool to animals with more sensitive noses.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

100%. Puddles on a dog walk too. Pain in the bloody ass!!

My dog, a rescue will only drink from a shallow plant pot. It used to be that she would only drink from it outside, now she drinks from it inside but only from that receptacle. Or a puddle. Nothing else. 
Food she will only eat from a blue cat bowl we gave her on the first day we got her. Nothing else. We are **** if we lose it. Tried similar bowls and nothing. Would starve first. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I’m the opposite, I need absolute silence to sleep. Hate any kind of noise. If I’m in a hotel I have to have a few drinks otherwise the little noises annoy the hell out of me. 

I hate irregular noises. That’s one of the reasons I listen to a podcast. It’s generally a constant quiet chatter and it frowns out all to the other road noise or noise from other flats etc

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Going to view a house today. Looks absolutely massive with a huge drive and asking price is very good. The agents told us the catch - there is a cemetary behind the garden about 15-20metres away. 

Not sure if thats a good idea or not. One hand security will be good but on other if you wanted to resell in years to come im not sure how many people would be interested in it?

Nowt wrong with that mate. Wouldn't put me off. 

Least it means its very unlikely the land behind you would get sold to developers down the line.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Nowt wrong with that mate. Wouldn't put me off. 

Least it means its very unlikely the land behind you would get sold to developers down the line.

Just got back wow what a impressive house. Massive garden (has a pond though) big fences so you cant really see the grave stones

House was massive was a potential 5 bed and drive fits 4 cars. Front room was a through lounge and was massive 

Very tempting 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Just got back wow what a impressive house. Massive garden (has a pond though) big fences so you cant really see the grave stones

House was massive was a potential 5 bed and drive fits 4 cars. Front room was a through lounge and was massive 

Very tempting 

Sounds like you are buying The Vicarage. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Very tempting 

What's wrong with a pond?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

What's wrong with a pond

Nothing really its just maintaining it. I think you have to really have  apassion for fish and thats not me.

I noticed though there was a lot of flies flying atound that area and od suspect would attract mosquitoes 

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Nothing really its just maintaining it. I think you have to really have  apassion for fish and thats not me.

I noticed though there was a lot of flies flying atound that area and od suspect would attract mosquitoes 

You don't have to put fish in it...

Flora and fauna will soon take it over. The bats and birds and dragonflies will take care of your mosquito problems, I imagine. It would be a nice breeding ground for frogs and newts, too.

• Like 2

Â