General Chat

Stevo985

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I wake up at least a few times every night because my cat is a dickhead. I'll miss him when he's gone, but I can't wait to have a good night's sleep.

I have had 13 years of this. My feelings are the same. 

I went to the doctor today because of a bad cough and found out I have high blood pressure.   Like quite high.   WTF?   I've been off red meat for 35 years, don't eat fast food, don't drink sugared carbonated beverages, eat minimal junk food, try to avoid processed food, live a pretty active lifestyle.  I'm baffled.   Never been even borderline high until a year ago and now it's talk of strict low-sodium diet, no caffeine, buy a blood pressure monitor, if you feel dizzy go to the ER.  I was convinced I'd never have all the same age-related health issues as everyone else because i've taken pretty good care of myself over the years.  Aging is a bitch.

3 hours ago, il_serpente said:

I went to the doctor today because of a bad cough and found out I have high blood pressure.   Like quite high.   WTF?   I've been off red meat for 35 years, don't eat fast food, don't drink sugared carbonated beverages, eat minimal junk food, try to avoid processed food, live a pretty active lifestyle.  I'm baffled.   Never been even borderline high until a year ago and now it's talk of strict low-sodium diet, no caffeine, buy a blood pressure monitor, if you feel dizzy go to the ER.  I was convinced I'd never have all the same age-related health issues as everyone else because i've taken pretty good care of myself over the years.  Aging is a bitch.

Whereas my blood pressure is perfect and I eat red meat , drink sugar carbonated beverages , eat junk food and processed food

so , there's a lesson for you :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I wake up at least a few times every night because my cat is a dickhead. I'll miss him when he's gone, but I can't wait to have a good night's sleep.

ha  .. got woken up by mine this morning who decided that my face was the perfect place to try and sleep ... to my knowledge she doesn't have a furry arse and smell of cat food so i wouldn't object to Ana De Armas trying to sleep there , but Tiddles can jog on

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

ha  .. got woken up by mine this morning who decided that my face was the perfect place to try and sleep ... to my knowledge she doesn't have a furry arse and smell of cat food so i wouldn't object to Ana De Armas trying to sleep there , but Tiddles can jog on

Had to Mooney.

Looks like a typical latina loca chica who would bang your brains out and then go apeshit mental at you for messing up her bedsheets but then be like a lil pussycat moments later....

5 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Is it advisable to have a blood pressure test 12 hours after a semi-final?

• Haha 1

If you thought Brexit and the GE were bad, the British Public have voted for Mrs Brown’s Boys as best comedy at the NTA’s - ahead of Afterlife and Fleabag. 

That new Chinese virus just needs to hurry up and do it’s thing. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Whereas my blood pressure is perfect and I eat red meat , drink sugar carbonated beverages , eat junk food and processed food

so , there's a lesson for you :)

Yeah likewise, I mean to look at me you’d think I’m a walking heart attack and yet, my blood pressure is normal and my cholesterol, whilst marginally higher than average was still in the ranges of normality.

And yet, I know people who go to the gym religiously and eat healthy all the time who are struggling.

What will be will be I guess.

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

the British Public have voted for Mrs Brown’s Boys as best comedy at the NTA’s - ahead of Afterlife and Fleabag. 

Having not watched any of these shows I can't really comment , but i saw a 30 second trailer once for Mrs Brown's boys and that was enough  

I hear Ant & Dec won for the 19th year in a row , one of them had to take  a year out due to being a drunk and yet they still managed to somehow win it last year ..how crap must every other TV presenter be ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Having not watched any of these shows I can't really comment , but i saw a 30 second trailer once for Mrs Brown's boys and that was enough  

I hear Ant & Dec won for the 19th year in a row , one of them had to take  a year out due to being a drunk and yet they still managed to somehow win it last year ..how crap must every other TV presenter be ?

There is no way of criticising MBB without sounding like a snob, but it’s just downright awful. 

It would’ve been dated in the 70’s and it’s basically one ‘joke’ - which is a bloke in drag, with an Irish accent, saying unfunny stuff. 

I don’t know why I am surprised it won, it sums this country up at the moment tbh. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

After life is head and shoulders above everything else. Have we not learned previously what happens when idiots are allowed to vote. 

Fleabag was awesome too. 

Both of them were genuinely well written, funny and thought provoking. 

Now I’ve just written that sentence I’ve realised what the issue is - they were ‘thought provoking’. I’m not sure people who vote in NTA awards have that capacity. 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It's so **** bad that I'm actually judgemental over people that like it

Its worse than people who put 2 sugars in their tea

I made tea at work the other day for myself and a couple of colleagues.

One of them, a lady that works for me, asked for 3 sugars.

There is genuinely a part of me that hates her now

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I made tea at work the other day for myself and a couple of colleagues.

One of them, a lady that works for me, asked for 3 sugars.

There is genuinely a part of me that hates her now

You'd think a vegetarian would be more tolerant of another persons' choices when it came to food / drink  :P 

tea is meant to be served sweet , Tenzing Norgay didn't climb Everest on tea made with semi-skimmed milk and Canderel

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

You'd think a vegetarian would be more tolerant of another persons' choices when it came to food / drink  :P 

tea is meant to be served sweet , Tenzing Norgay didn't climb Everest on tea made with semi-skimmed milk and Canderel

If you drink tea with three sugars then you don't like tea.

• Like 2

Â