General Chat

Stevo985

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

A long time ago, there was a lad on here called Voinjama who expressed an interest in scat-related stuff, as I recall. There was another guy having a passionate love affair with his aunt as well if I'm not mistaken.

How did I miss this? They sound like my kind of guys! 

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There’s a curry house in Cannock/Hednesford which do the hottest curry in the uk, or at least it was. Crocodile inferno. 

How do they measure this? Who is the acrediting body? What is the secret they have over theother 9 million establishments that claim the same bollocks

Bung in a load of chilli powder, call it something stupid, make the spurious claim and watch stupid white men sweat like they are in a sauna and lose the ability to speak. Just make sure they vomit after they've left

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

How do they measure this? Who is the acrediting body? What is the secret they have over theother 9 million establishments that claim the same bollocks

Bung in a load of chilli powder, call it something stupid, make the spurious claim and watch stupid white men sweat like they are in a sauna and lose the ability to speak. Just make sure they vomit after they've left

God knows and I’m not stupid enough to try them. Madras is as hot as i’ll go, and depending on the establishment some of them are borderline uncomfortable to eat.

I get a proper sweat on when I eat curry.

So, weirdly, if I’m out on a curry night I’ll order something hot, as its more socially acceptable to have a sweaty face on the madras than on the korma.

It’s not the chilli content either, I can eat a decent hot chilli no issues. Probably going to turn out one day I’m allergic to coriander or naan bread or something ridiculous.

Edited by chrisp65

17 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

The hiccup thing is weird and really pissed me off when it started happening. 

It was about a decade ago and it just happens every time now. 

Excess stomach acid. Omeprazole is your friend (or it will be if you can get a medical professional to prescribe it).

• Like 1

I bought a fitbit yesterday to objectively quantify how shit my sleep is, and if I'm about to die of a heart attack.  I'll keep you updated on the latter (if I keep posting, I haven't died).  But yes I can confirm I am a shit sleeper.  I woke up 28 times last night, which sounds about right.  For science I will use alcohol this evening.  Push those rookie numbers up.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I bought a fitbit yesterday to objectively quantify how shit my sleep is, and if I'm about to die of a heart attack.  I'll keep you updated on the latter (if I keep posting, I haven't died).  But yes I can confirm I am a shit sleeper.  I woke up 28 times last night, which sounds about right.  For science I will use alcohol this evening.  Push those rookie numbers up.

Sleep Apnea?

I have it and causes me to wake up a lot, leading to a totally disturbed and unrefreshing nights sleep.
Worth a doctor's visit. I went and they gave me a machine to wear for a night and confirm I was having "episodes".

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I've been through this. The fitbit just makes things worse. For me, alcohol makes no difference, either way. 

On 26/01/2020 at 17:49, Rugeley Villa said:
On 26/01/2020 at 17:44, bickster said:

God knows and I’m not stupid enough to try them. Madras is as hot as i’ll go, and depending on the establishment some of them are borderline uncomfortable to eat.

Well they measure it with the Scoville scale.  I did an Indian one in Edinburgh.  The Kismot Killer (restaurant is Kismot).  At the time I thought it was just another 'hot food challenge' the likes of which I had done with consummate ease multiple times in my life.  I really like properly hot food and I regularly did heat challenges and had never been bested.

It wasn't until afterwards I realised it was regarded as one of the top 5 hottest meals in the UK with the sauce at around 4 million scovillle (concentrated capsaican so it's not naturally occurring).  The other hottest meals being various types of chilli or wings etc etc in other parts of the UK.

I basically wanted to see if there was a meal out there that I couldn't eat, because I was beginning to think there wasn't.

The waitress actually pleaded with me not to do it because "you seem like nice people and this will ruin your evening.  You're not going to a pub or club after this.  You're going home".

I said "nah it's OK I do this all the time.  I'll be fine".

Well she brought it down, and she kept coming down through the meal to see how I was doing, and she was amazed I was getting through it.

This is how hot it was - you were allowed to drink as much milk as you wanted with it.  That's usually a massive cheat, because a protein in milk breaks down capsaican.  But this was so **** hot, they let you drink milk.

A table of 14 people behind me had also ordered a Killer between the lot of them, along with their regular meals, just to see what it was like, and they couldn't get through it between them all.  But I was ploughing on.

In the end I did it.  I finished the meal and I got my Kismot Killer certificate.

But she was right, it **** ruined my evening, we went straight home and I would not do it again.

Initially I figured if I was going to have a problem it would be the heat in the mouth.  But that was easy.  No problem.

Nope, the problem was something I had never experienced before and have not experienced since.  At that level of heat, the problem was the lining of my stomach.  Once the food goes down into your stomach, it just sits there and tries to eat its way down through your insides.  Take the shortest route out of you.  And there is nothing you can do to stop it.  You certainly can't vomit it back up, because anyone who has ever vomited spicy food will tell you it is ten times hotter coming back the other direction and you could go into shock with the heat, and choke if it affects your breathing.  All I could do was move the angle I was sitting at, so that the food was burning a slightly different part of my insides each time.  And once that got unbearable I'd move to the other side and let it burn that bit instead.  And drink milk and try to dilute it while burning little bits of my insides.  It was incredibly uncomfortable.

Suffice to say I sat up all night facilitating its evacuation at its earliest convenience no matter how small each reward was.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

I tried that last year. Think my average was about 50 awakes a night. Then during one particularly lengthy bout of insomnia I took to watching youtoobs on my phone in bed and the fitbit decided I was asleep the whole time. Completely undermined the whole process so I slung the device and went back to just estimating how much or how little sleep I'd had.

I also "experimented" with alcohol and concluded that the only impact it had was on my 46 year old bladder. If I don't drink, I'm all good. If I do drink, I'll be up five times in the night to syphon the python.

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sleep Apnea?

I have it and causes me to wake up a lot, leading to a totally disturbed and unrefreshing nights sleep.
Worth a doctor's visit. I went and they gave me a machine to wear for a night and confirm I was having "episodes".

No.  22 years on-call overnight.  I basically sleep with one eye open.

• Like 1

Â