General Chat

Stevo985

1 hour ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

However, the Manics' cover of Rihanna's song is epic.

I was in Singapore about a decade ago, walking down the street from the Hotel and I literally walked into this mini festival in a marquee on the street, there was this Singaporean punk band covering Umbrella and it sounded effing great with my Jet Lag (only landed an hour or so earlier)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

I was in Singapore about a decade ago, walking down the street from the Hotel and I literally walked into this mini festival in a marquee on the street, there was this Singaporean punk band covering Umbrella and it sounded effing great with my Jet Lag (only landed an hour or so earlier)

I think every cover I've heard is better than the original.

• Like 1

Irish drug dealers getting more violent lately

GARDAÍ INVESTIGATING THE murder and dismemberment of a teenage boy believe there is “no coincidence” to where the body parts of the boy have turned up.

Officers said this evening 17-year-old Keane Mulready-Woods was the victim of the murder, which was linked to the ongoing Drogheda feud. 

On Monday night, gardaí were called to the Moatview area of Coolock. There they discovered a hold-all bag containing what appeared to be human limbs. Parts of a torso was also discovered. 

https://www.thejournal.ie/drogheda-fued-north-east-4967135-Jan2020/

On 13/01/2020 at 10:37, Bugzy1991 said:

I have a friend who claims they're allergic to all types of antibiotics. If this rare case is true, how would they treat someone with a serious infection? 

You're friends with a bacteria.

• Like 2

It'd be incredibly unlikely to be allergic to all antibiotics as they're a very large therapeutic class with several different families. They'd need to have several different allergies.

My other half is allergic to penicillies and cephalosporins which means any time she gets an infection, it's an inpatient spell for IV Gentamicin. If she was allergic to that as well, I think she'd just be doomed.

15 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's funny how 'gammon's' rolls of the tongue so easily among those who get offended by terms such as 'SJW' and 'snowflake'. Very bizarre language games going on among both the left and the right.

Who’s said gammon that’s been offended by snowflake?

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s funny some of the insults that grown adults throw around at the moment. 
snowflake, gammon, a personal favourite “weapon” :lol:

Pretty much the point I'm making.

I know people on the left who pretty much call anyone who disagrees with them a gammon but get upset at being called a snowflake. I've seen people on the right who call everyone who disagrees with them snowflakes, SJWs etc but get offended by being called a gammon.

These 'insults' on both sides, are highly amusing and ridiculously childish.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Pretty much the point I'm making.

I know people on the left who pretty much call anyone who disagrees with them a gammon but get upset at being called a snowflake. I've seen people on the right who call everyone who disagrees with them snowflakes, SJWs etc but get offended by being called a gammon.

These 'insults' on both sides, are highly amusing and ridiculously childish.

I think it’s a sign of the times with people, particularly online, being so easily offended. Don’t need to even use offensive language.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s funny some of the insults that grown adults throw around at the moment. 
snowflake, gammon, a personal favourite “weapon” :lol:

Oh no, weapon is one of my personal favourites at the minute. It gets used towards stick magnet boy in our IT dept every time he f**ks up, which is often (probably not as often as we tell him it is)

He asks why why and we tell him its because he weaponised idiocy

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I had that yesterday 😎

I nearly had it at the pub last night (White Horse in Curdworth -you ever been? Nice place). Chose the pesto encrusted salmon and spring onion mash instead. It was very good! 

Â