General Chat

Stevo985

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So visiting brum this weekend am staying close to New Street and I have to say since my last visit there are a hell of a lot more poverty than all my previous visits. A lot of people begging, homelessness also. 

Are things really that bad here for those that live here? 

It's getting this way big style in alot of places Dem, not just the Midlands.

The stats keep rising and it's shocking.

There is no way out for many folk falling on hardtimes. Resources etc over overstreched or drying up.

(Unfortunately, most of the folk begging and pleading homelessness that you mention, around 30% are geuine cases - sadly, the rest are just con men or junkies ruining it for the genuine who HAVE lost everything and don't have nowhere to go and turned down for help by local authorities etc.) It's quite shocking really.

Believe it or not, I am sofa surfing myself at a friends house until further notice.

There are alot of factors that has led to many more landing in this position and the numbers will only keep rising while things remain poor how they are in this country.

Wages stagnating, Jobs paying peanuts wages or even closing altogether or moving, rentals and bills rising against inflation etc. Let's not get started on Universal Credit that also affect many heavily reliant upon it.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Sad 3

25 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Seriously mate. If I was you. Get them to f*** straight away.

We were roped in years ago by some twunt in the playground who'd just became a rep for them and shoving down everyones throats to sign up... before even reading or mulling over who they where and what they offered the missus at the time had already said yes and signed up. Clever cloggs!

The company - All happy with you at first but god damn they are a nightmare.

Me and Ex at time had a battle with these **** for well over a year that involved Pre Payment meters.. hiked debt added to the metres with interest that could never financial viably add up and be paid, baliff visits, the lot. A poisonous little company despite numerous attempts to contact them to come to a suitable arrangement and find out why they were acting like bastards. You're met with little jumped up **** on the other end of the phone that just made things worse snd docunent aload of lies or not even document your call at all.

Stick with some of the 'named' companies. Npower etc. Trust me.

wow...ok cheers for the heads up!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's getting this way big style in alot of places Dem, not just the Midlands.

The stats keep rising and it's shocking.

There is no way out for many folk falling on hardtimes. Resources etc over overstreched or drying up.

(Unfortunately, most of the folk begging and pleading homelessness that you mention, around 30% are geuine cases - sadly, the rest are just con men or junkies ruining it for the genuine who HAVE lost everything and don't have nowhere to go and turned down for help by local authorities etc.) It's quite shocking really.

Believe it or not, I am sofa surfing myself at a friends house until further notice.

There are alot of factors that has led to many more landing in this position and the numbers will only keep rising while things remain poor how they are in this country.

Wages stagnating, Jobs paying peanuts wages or even closing altogether or moving, rentals and bills rising against inflation etc. Let's not get started on Universal Credit that also affect many heavily reliant upon it.

Sorry to hear about your own circumstances mate. I think there is a lot of truth in that. I can spot on the con ones in most cases the way they are dressed behave etc. 

I think the cost of living and the cost of homes is what’s killing everyone here, sadly I think it’s only going to get worse by the end of the year.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Sorry to hear about your own circumstances mate. I think there is a lot of truth in that. I can spot on the con ones in most cases the way they are dressed behave etc. 

I think the cost of living and the cost of homes is what’s killing everyone here, sadly I think it’s only going to get worse by the end of the year.

That's before brexit is even mentioned.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

A lot of people begging, homelessness also. 

Well, you voted Tory, what were you expecting?

Don't you go out in London either? 

They're all over. There's an army of beggars at Vauxhall. F****** Vauxhall?!?

• Like 1

Just now, Xann said:

Well, you voted Tory, what were you expecting?

Don't you go out in London either? 

Would it have made any difference if it was labour?  I didn’t realise there was no homelessness under labour ;)

Its a huge problem and I th8nk it’s going to get much worse 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Would it have made any difference if it was labour?  I didn’t realise there was no homelessness under labour ;)

Dem, get your head out the sand if you care, Dude? Seriously.

Homelessness at record levels as numbers rise at 'appalling rate' since Tories came to power.

Rough sleeping in England has hit record levels, doubling under the Tories, as a homelessness charity say numbers are rising at an “appalling rate”.

The number of rough sleepers has risen by 133% since 2010, and by 51% in the last two years, according to official figures released this morning.

Labour described the new figures as a “national scandal” and blamed cuts to housing benefit and reduced funding for homelessness charities for the eye-popping statistics.

Mirror

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Xann said:

Dem, get your head out the sand if you care, Dude? Seriously.

Mirror

My head isn’t in the sand but you think labour coming into power is the way to fix it ? Come on get real. 

Edited by Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

My head isn’t in the sand but you think labour coming into power is the way to fix it ? Come on get real. 

If you think there'd be the same acute problem with homelessness under Labour? You're deluded.

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Seriously mate. If I was you. Get them to f*** straight away.

We were roped in years ago by some twunt in the playground who'd just became a rep for them and shoving down everyones throats to sign up... before even reading or mulling over who they where and what they offered the missus at the time had already said yes and signed up. Clever cloggs!

The company - All happy with you at first but god damn they are a nightmare.

Me and Ex at time had a battle with these **** for well over a year that involved Pre Payment meters.. hiked debt added to the metres with interest that could never financial viably add up and be paid, baliff visits, the lot. A poisonous little company despite numerous attempts to contact them to come to a suitable arrangement and find out why they were acting like bastards. You're met with little jumped up **** on the other end of the phone that just made things worse snd docunent aload of lies or not even document your call at all.

Stick with some of the 'named' companies. Npower etc. Trust me.

This is what I suspected. A lot of the smaller energy companies are loss making, have no tangible assets and are based out of an office above a shop with about 10 staff. They simply aren't fit for purpose. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So visiting brum this weekend am staying close to New Street and I have to say since my last visit there are a hell of a lot more poverty than all my previous visits. A lot of people begging, homelessness also. 

Definitely a lot more homeless in Birmingham over the last few years. Even saw some in Lichfield on Saturday. Never seen that before. 

36 minutes ago, Xann said:

If you think there'd be the same acute problem with homelessness under Labour? You're deluded.

Do you know each person's circumstance? You don't for sure for example how do you know many of those didn't have gambling issues or alcoholism or another domestic issue that relates to where they are? We don't know so it's impossible to say. 

As for Labour come in the peoples party apparently. They are just as bad as the Conservatives. All shit. 

1 hour ago, Xann said:

You won't find any in Cornwall or Cambridge though.

- Nor during the Royal Wedding.

Cambridge now has a strict policy to homelessness and seeking help on the street in a doorway (or begging as we call it).

I wonder why?!!..

Absolute dog shit.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

The number of homeless visible in Brum went up astronomically once the work began around the old library. Previously beneath the library was a bit of a de facto shelter for homeless people, and with that gone they've had to turn to more visible areas.

And of course the last decade of government has sought to hammer the poorest, which ultimately leads to more homeless people and other destitute lives.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ok, its an article from the Sun but they claim the stats are from the House of Commons

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7241237/half-of-britains-top-10-benefits-hotspots-are-in-birmingham-see-how-your-area-compares/

The areas with the most jobless claimants... 

1 Birmingham, Ladywood 11.9%

2 Birmingham, Hodge Hill 11.1%

3 Hartlepool 9.5%

4 Birmingham, Erdington 9.1%

5 Birmingham, Perry Barr 9.0%

6 Birmingham, Hall Green 8.8%

7 Newcastle upon Tyne Central 8.3%

8 Foyle 8.0%

9 Wolverhampton South East 7.8%

10 Bootle 7.6%

• Thanks 1

Â