General Chat

Stevo985

9 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Mrs P was trying some clothes on in a fitting room the other day whilst I waited outside.

I noticed two other guys that were waiting for their other halves and both of them were wearing black caps, plain white t-shirts, dark shorts and white converse. Plus they were both sat in the same potion on their phones.

"lol" I thought "it's like one's sat next to a mirror".

Then another couple came along, the lass went in the other changing rooms and the fella stood next to me and got his phone out. He was wearing a black cap, a plain white t-shirt, dark shorts and (not converse...this was annoying). I really wanted him to sit on the bench next to the other guys.

Then, I swear on my life, another couple came over; the girl goes in to the changing rooms and her chap stood the other side of me wearing a black cap, a plain white t-shirt, dark shorts and (again, not converse. Prick). Then he got his phone out.

I felt a little left out without a cap and wearing an orange t-shirt. I really wanted to film it or point it out to them but I got scared. "SORRY, I DIDN'T GET THE MEMO LADS! LOL"

Think it's worth asking for the CCTV though..?

Must be latest uniform. Reminded me of this:

l-897-im-not-like-most-girls.jpg

• Like 2

On 27/06/2018 at 19:59, chrisp65 said:

Mrs P: do you fancy a kitkat from the fridge?

me: oooh yeah

*handed two finger kitkat*

me: I literally imagined it would be something twice the size

Mrs p: tell me about it

10 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Mrs P was trying some clothes on in a fitting room the other day whilst I waited outside.

I noticed two other guys that were waiting for their other halves and both of them were wearing black caps, plain white t-shirts, dark shorts and white converse. Plus they were both sat in the same potion on their phones.

..............snip................

Mrs P gets about doesnt she ?️‍♂️:detect:

• Like 3

Having a World Cup chat about anti-English sentiment among the wider world, I was going to post about this elsewhere but thought this would be the right place.

When I'm abroad I often tell people I'm from Wales and leave it at that. There are a few times in a few countries (Mostly Commonwealth countries when I think about it) where explaining that I live in Wales but I'm from England has caused them to just turn around after a dissappointed "Oh" and stop talking to me.

It all started when I was in New Zealand many years ago and my mate from Wales was living over there. First night out in Auckland and knocking back the beers and it just kept happening. I mentioned it to him the next day, "just tell 'em you're from Wales Marv and chat to them about Rugby" was his advice so I did and their attitude towards me changed completely. Would buy you beers, welcome you to the country, tell you the places you should see and all that. And instantly too, all because of 'where I came from'

This is all just observational of course, nothing scientific, but France, French speaking Canada, Belgium and sadly some tiny enclaves in North Wales are the places I've experienced the most really anti-English sentiment. New Zealand was just weird - a sort of complete ambivalence! Whereas Americans and English speaking Canadians seem to love us to bits in my experience.

(Of course there are people everywhere who are perfectly nice and lovely and all that. I'm just talking about randoms you meet in bars, end up playing pool with taxi drivers etc etc)

I once got pulled over for speeding near Bordeaux. I was doing nearly a tonne and the copper was proper grumpy. My French at the time was patchy and he just barked at me in French like I was some sort of idiot (He may have had a point, given the speed I was doing).

He walked around the car, trying to find something wrong with it and then spotted the little "Ecosse" badge on the back of the car. His attitude immediately changed and he started chatting away in perfect English asking where I was from and if I'd been in Bordeaux for the World Cup which had been the previous year. We talked football and rugby, wine and whiskey and then he shook my hand and wished me a "Bonne Journee".

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Having a World Cup chat about anti-English sentiment among the wider world, I was going to post about this elsewhere but thought this would be the right place.

When I'm abroad I often tell people I'm from Wales and leave it at that. There are a few times in a few countries (Mostly Commonwealth countries when I think about it) where explaining that I live in Wales but I'm from England has caused them to just turn around after a dissappointed "Oh" and stop talking to me.

It all started when I was in New Zealand many years ago and my mate from Wales was living over there. First night out in Auckland and knocking back the beers and it just kept happening. I mentioned it to him the next day, "just tell 'em you're from Wales Marv and chat to them about Rugby" was his advice so I did and their attitude towards me changed completely. Would buy you beers, welcome you to the country, tell you the places you should see and all that. And instantly too, all because of 'where I came from'

This is all just observational of course, nothing scientific, but France, French speaking Canada, Belgium and sadly some tiny enclaves in North Wales are the places I've experienced the most really anti-English sentiment. New Zealand was just weird - a sort of complete ambivalence! Whereas Americans and English speaking Canadians seem to love us to bits in my experience.

(Of course there are people everywhere who are perfectly nice and lovely and all that. I'm just talking about randoms you meet in bars, end up playing pool with taxi drivers etc etc)

It's not where you're from you rodney plonker - it's your hideous appearance. 

You're ugly.

Stop it. 

1 minute ago, Tegis said:

No you don't. Stay here where it's warm and fuzzy.

image.png.d4c0309056d011c2e522bd4e39a72e88.png

Its a bit like looking at the scene of a car crash, I know what I will see won't be pleasant and possibly deeply disturbing, but I am drawn to it regardless.

• Haha 1

All you need to know about on topic is;

Tony = Super Villain 

Jack Grealish = bye bye, we are sad to see you go, go and spread your wings blah blah

Steve Bruce = Super Villains right hand man, stop being so honest to protect yourself blah blah

FFP = Super Villain is using it to disguise we have no monies, better owners would just pay the fines 

Lansbury = He's amazing all of a sudden, one of the championships best players, we turned him to cack

Hogan = Is he injured? He's shit.  He's amazing, we turned him to cack

Hutton = why have we given him a new contract?  We were so right to give him a new contract!

Bree = Cheese puns

Adomah = Sell him, he was rubbish second half of the season.  His output was great for a winger.  Newcastle won't buy him. 

Gabby = I can't believe we've given him a new 4 year contract!!!! 

TA DA! Now you don't need to go in.  Thank me later. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Its a bit like looking at the scene of a car crash, I know what I will see won't be pleasant and possibly deeply disturbing, but I am drawn to it regardless.

but the car crash is on a roundabout and you are just driving around it not getting off seeing the same thing over and over again

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

All you need to know about on topic is;

Tony = Super Villain 

Jack Grealish = bye bye, we are sad to see you go, go and spread your wings blah blah

Steve Bruce = Super Villains right hand man, stop being so honest to protect yourself blah blah

FFP = Super Villain is using it to disguise we have no monies, better owners would just pay the fines 

Lansbury = He's amazing all of a sudden, one of the championships best players, we turned him to cack

Hogan = Is he injured? He's shit.  He's amazing, we turned him to cack

Hutton = why have we given him a new contract?  We were so right to give him a new contract!

Bree = Cheese puns

Adomah = Sell him, he was rubbish second half of the season.  His output was great for a winger.  Newcastle won't buy him. 

Gabby = I can't believe we've given him a new 4 year contract!!!! 

TA DA! Now you don't need to go in.  Thank me later. 

The Bree thread sounds fondue doesn't it?

Â