General Chat

Stevo985

Just now, bickster said:

The Cardiff accident is like comparing  Scouse to English ?

I'm really good at hiding it, I've been in Bromley all day and I truly believe they wouldn't have known where I was from. Just sort of faux cockerney.

Then I get home, relax, and I'd be pretty confident not many would understand a **** word I say!

15 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I think you also have to consider accents.

You wouldn't prescribe how all the saes pronounce bath, scone, or Thanet. You don't have a single sound for each single letter. The way I would pronounce words will be different to a west walian or a gog bastard. Sut Mae, would be pronounced utterly differently in different places. From 'sit' mae, to 'shoe' mae to 'shu' mae with the u pronounced short and blunt as in 'up'.

My current fave is the BBC pronounciation of 'Rhyl' which they've gone uber welsh on and have a really aggressive crunchy R to the point it's more like ccccckrill. Where as I would pronounce it 'smack central'.

I haven't got the faintest idea what a 'gog bastard' is but the level of contempt I assume is involved is very funny. Although, on the other hand, kind of sounds like you might start a pogrom . . .

48 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I haven't got the faintest idea what a 'gog bastard' is but the level of contempt I assume is involved is very funny. Although, on the other hand, kind of sounds like you might start a pogrom . . .

gogledd is 'north' so Bangor fans would quite commonly be referred to as gogs. Like '99' on the infamous Lions tour, the shout of gog bastard results in spontaneous pogo with the song 'we all hate Bangor we all hate Bangor we all hate Bangor....'

Often sung by the supporters of both teams where Bangor aren't even playing but we know it's on Sgorio so they'll all be watching on their radio rentals big tube telly...

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Japan has executed Shoko Asahara, the leader of the Aum Shinrikyo cult that infamously committed the Tokyo subway sarin gas attacks in 1995.

He'd been on death row for over a decade, along with a number of his highest ranking followers (half of which were also executed at the same time), during which time there's been reports he'd gone mad, so somewhat surprising he was executed this week.

A truly evil bastard. A con man who, for some reason, switched into a megalomaniac heading up a death cult founded on perverted Buddhist thought and inspired by things as weird and diverse as Asimov and Space Battleship Yamato, and which attracted a number of highly capable, intelligent people into it's ranks.

Remarkably it's still going as a religion. It's rebranded, and getting done for a mass casualty terrorist attack (that luckily wasn't worse) managed to cull its membership, but it's still around.

A fascinating story.

• Thanks 1

Mrs P was trying some clothes on in a fitting room the other day whilst I waited outside.

I noticed two other guys that were waiting for their other halves and both of them were wearing black caps, plain white t-shirts, dark shorts and white converse. Plus they were both sat in the same potion on their phones.

"lol" I thought "it's like one's sat next to a mirror".

Then another couple came along, the lass went in the other changing rooms and the fella stood next to me and got his phone out. He was wearing a black cap, a plain white t-shirt, dark shorts and (not converse...this was annoying). I really wanted him to sit on the bench next to the other guys.

Then, I swear on my life, another couple came over; the girl goes in to the changing rooms and her chap stood the other side of me wearing a black cap, a plain white t-shirt, dark shorts and (again, not converse. Prick). Then he got his phone out.

I felt a little left out without a cap and wearing an orange t-shirt. I really wanted to film it or point it out to them but I got scared. "SORRY, I DIDN'T GET THE MEMO LADS! LOL"

Think it's worth asking for the CCTV though..?

• Like 1

Time for another #BlackheathStory I guess . . . was stood outside a restaurant yesterday evening in the car park, waiting for the Mrs, when a car drove past with a woman driving and two kids in the back seat. One kid - no more than 8 years old at a guess - leaned out the back window and yelled 'PULL YOUR PANTS UP YOU FAGGOT' at me. 

I don't really get why. They weren't low in any way. If he'd yelled 'tuck your shirt in' that would have been a fair cop, but no. Is it a line from a movie or something? ?

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Time for another #BlackheathStory I guess . . . was stood outside a restaurant yesterday evening in the car park, waiting for the Mrs, when a car drove past with a woman driving and two kids in the back seat. One kid - no more than 8 years old at a guess - leaned out the back window and yelled 'PULL YOUR PANTS UP YOU FAGGOT' at me. 

I don't really get why. They weren't low in any way. If he'd yelled 'tuck your shirt in' that would have been a fair cop, but no. Is it a line from a movie or something? ?

Ha, he wasn't being nasty, it's a idiom for "pick up your peas to go with your faggots".

The young gentleman just didn't want you to go hungry! 

What a smart young man.  

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1

Â