General Chat

Stevo985

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Or he popped in there to have a quick knuckle shuffle

It dawns on Paddywhack that the pleasant smell was a kind of lotiony smell :)

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

So I can only assume my company have started employing androids and I'll need to destroy him.

You've seen Bladerunner, Right?

The androids/replicants believe they're human.

Have you ever seen an Owl, Paddywhack?

What does "whack" signify?

You may be due to be "retired"

• Like 2

No, I'm a real boy! (I haven't seen bladerunner but it sounds like it has a similar story-line to pinnochio?) 

And whack is a family name that's been handed down from my father and his father before him. I don't know if anybody on here remembers VillaTalk poster Geoffreywhack?

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

No, I'm a real boy! (I haven't seen bladerunner but it sounds like it has a similar story-line to pinnochio?) 

And whack is a family name that's been handed down from my father and his father before him. I don't know if anybody on here remembers VillaTalk poster Geoffreywhack?

And your Uncle Googlewhack?

Life on Mars named best song of the Seventies by 'Pitchfork' in 200 list.

' video games were the size of refrigerators and could be found in arcades. As the used vinyl bins of the world are still telling us, records were the thing. '.

I disagree.

Edited by useless

16 minutes ago, useless said:

Life on Mars named best song of the Seventies by 'Pitchfork' in 200 list.

' video games were the size of refrigerators and could be found in arcades. As the used vinyl bins of the world are still telling us, records were the thing. '.

I disagree.

With which bit? 

1 minute ago, useless said:

With Life on Mars being the greatest song of the seventies. But then again I don't like it, or Bowie's music, at all, so I'm bound to say that.

Oh, well I agree. Never was a big Bowie fan. 

But then again, there is obviously no such thing as the 'greatest' song of the 70s, or any other decade. 

• Like 3

I like Bowie, but due to his death, he's flavour of the month. The same way a Prince song is shoehorned into the top 20. I don't think I've ever heard that Prince song, and I certainly don't associate his best work to the 70s. 

Is this latest 'best' list on pitchfork based on some measurable metric (number of radio plays, units sold, royalties), or just the opinion of someone that had to write 500 words to claim their fee?

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Apparently it's the opinion of their staff and contributors

Ah, well in which case they've clearly never heard Non Stop Dancing by The Jam, which pisses over anything Bowie ever did. True science fact in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Ah, well in which case they've clearly never heard Non Stop Dancing by The Jam, which pisses over anything Bowie ever did. True science fact in my opinion.

That's not a good track - even the Batman Theme's better.

Â