General Chat

Stevo985

20 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm currently drinking my way around Africa ... Not on the scale I drunk my way around Asia a few years back with 7am finishes  , but I'm enjoying it none the less , 

i can't (currently ) picture a day when I won't do these cultural / booze trips ... But maybe it's cause I rarely drink at home and thus look forward to the trips / drink as a result ?

You are lucky that you have mates who haven't had their spines removed as soon as they have settled. I can't even get mine to commit to have a drink in Birmingham this bank holiday weekend. Like a pack of browbeaten jellyfish

7 hours ago, Xann said:

A Qatari princess was found having sex with 7 geezers in London a couple of days ago.

WB

But not as sloppy sevenths

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I don't know what that is. Which must mean it's drug related. 

That's an amusingly ambiguous statement :)

They're compressed gas canisters for making edible foamy stuff. Often cappuccino froth.

The gas contained therein is nitrous oxide. The contents are emptied into a balloon and inhaled.

First time I saw em was in a New York club twenty odd years ago. Quite hazardous on a hard dance floor!

They call them Whip-Its, if you've ever heard that in a song and wondered?

All the rage here now. Popular with the youth and folks that get drug tested at work.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I don't know what that is. Which must mean it's drug related. 

I'm glad it wasn't just me.

Looked at the pic a few times and thought 'this is gonna be something blindingly obvious so I'm not going to say anything' :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Looked at the pic a few times and thought 'this is gonna be something blindingly obvious so I'm not going to say anything' :)

You need to be knowing this shit, Dad ;)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

7 minutes ago, Xann said:

You need to be knowing this shit, Dad ;)

Unfortunately, for gentlemen a certain age, they don't associate nitrous oxide with anything hip and decadent, it just reminds them of 1960s dentistry. :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xann said:

All the rage here now. Popular with the youth and folks that get drug tested at work.

I know places that test at work, but only on Wednesdays and Thursdays!

A very strange regime. You must not do drugs, but in case you are, we'll give you until Wednesday to rinse, we also realise some weekends start on Thursday evening, so we won't test on Friday's. 

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

He posted a while back that he's taking a break from VT. Something about needing more time to be cynical about things. 

IIRC he started out here in a bright place.

Then darkness cloaked his soul.

Thinking back, it could have been around the McLeish era.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I know places that test at work, but only on Wednesdays and Thursdays!

A very strange regime. You must not do drugs, but in case you are, we'll give you until Wednesday to rinse, we also realise some weekends start on Thursday evening, so we won't test on Friday's. 

The obvious aim being to tick a box while avoiding the possibility of actually catching anybody. A sensible compromise with a stupid rule, it sounds to me. 

I just went into a cubicle at work that a bloke had walked out of a minute before.

Unusually, the toilet had been flushed, there was no hairs, poo or piss on the seat, no bogeys or poo wiped up the walls and dare I say it, it actually spelt rather pleasant in there. 

So I can only assume my company have started employing androids and I'll need to destroy him.

33 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I just went into a cubicle at work that a bloke had walked out of a minute before.

Unusually, the toilet had been flushed, there was no hairs, poo or piss on the seat, no bogeys or poo wiped up the walls and dare I say it, it actually spelt rather pleasant in there.

So I can only assume my company have started employing androids and I'll need to destroy him.

Or he popped in there to have a quick knuckle shuffle

Â