General Chat

Stevo985

Cod or fresh roe and chips. And a load of salt and vinegar. And occasionally a scallop or two 

Are scallops just a Midland thing? My friends at uni were all from down south and none of them had ever heard of a scallop in reference to a potato cake, only the seafood.

Cod or fresh roe and chips. And a load of salt and vinegar. And occasionally a scallop or two 

Are scallops just a Midland thing? My friends at uni were all from down south and none of them had ever heard of a scallop in reference to a potato cake, only the seafood.

Can't get them up here. Much to my disappointment. 

For what it's worth, the correct answer is cod and chips, with mushy peas, lots of salt and vinegar, and a couple of slices of bread and butter. Absolutely no ketchup.

Whenever I go home I always have a curry on the first night. Then in the morning it's a full English followed by a chippy tea. I then spend the rest of my time in England, on the bog, with the world falling out of my arse.

• Like 3

Normally mixed meat, chips, mint & mayo. But the last few times I've gone for mixed meat in a naan bread with mint and mayo. I rarely put salt and vinegar on mine tbh.

Never really thought about it but yeah you rarely see them down south 

My heart stopped and screamed when I read 'battered chips'.

They're not fully coated, but have little dots and splashes of batter across them. If you're having something unhealthy, why not go the whole hog?!

Â