Stevo985

General Chat

Do people buy gifts for their parents' wedding anniversary?

It's my parents' 30th on Sunday, they're going away for a couple of days.

I don't think I've ever bought them anything for their anniversary, but feel like I should for this milestone.

Yeah definitely. That's a proper achievement.

The 30th Wedding Anniversary is Pearl - which is a tricky one. Mother of pearl photoframe with a picture of them in?

I went for exactly this.

They loved it.

Cheers Lozza.

Can I call you Lozza?

I'm calling you Lozza.

I don't know whether i'm suffering from a mild form of depression or just laziness. I go to work during the week fine, because basically I have to and its somewhere to go, Weekends however I find it a real struggle to get myself dressed and out my front door. Would quite happily just stay in all weekend doing nothing. I've forced myself out today to do some food shopping and grab a costa but i'm back home now and that's me done until tomorrow. 

I don't know whether i'm suffering from a mild form of depression or just laziness. I go to work during the week fine, because basically I have to and its somewhere to go, Weekends however I find it a real struggle to get myself dressed and out my front door. Would quite happily just stay in all weekend doing nothing. I've forced myself out today to do some food shopping and grab a costa but i'm back home now and that's me done until tomorrow. 

exercise

force yourself to do it, force yourself into the habit and you'll feel much better for it

easier said than done though

• Like 1

Definite case of lazybastarditis. Or Aids.

Thanks Doctor!  :)

Definite case of lazybastarditis. Or Aids.

Thanks Doctor! :)
Don't mention it ;)

You've just spent shit loads buying that flat so look at it this way - you're just getting your money's worth. :detect:

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Do people buy gifts for their parents' wedding anniversary?

It's my parents' 30th on Sunday, they're going away for a couple of days.

I don't think I've ever bought them anything for their anniversary, but feel like I should for this milestone.

Yeah definitely. That's a proper achievement.

The 30th Wedding Anniversary is Pearl - which is a tricky one. Mother of pearl photoframe with a picture of them in?

I went for exactly this.

They loved it.

Cheers Lozza.

Can I call you Lozza?

I'm calling you Lozza.

Woohoo, super news. Glad they loved it.

You can have special dispensaton to call me Loz / Lozza if you like, yes. :D

• Like 1

Would quite happily just stay in all weekend doing nothing.

Would quite happily just stay in all Winter hibernating.

Being someone who does suffer from depression one of the first symptoms is not wanting to get out of bed or wanting to go out. Before it gets a grip of you, at the weekends take yourself out for a walk or to the cinema. Just do anything to get yourself out.

I will admit that I do have a mild form of depression like this. Split from relationship, 7 years, approaching 30, I go to work and come back. I've just been coding for the whole weekend because I need to get something done. Little enjoyment out of life and can't be arsed to sort it out even though I clearly should.

Even the comments at the bottom are lamenting the whole piece.

Piece of shit paper - what a waste of trees.

Even the comments at the bottom are lamenting the whole piece.

Piece of shit paper - what a waste of trees.

Can tell its made of recycled toilet paper

Â