General Chat

Stevo985

^^^

You got a point there. Apart from the last sentence, of course. You're a bit deluded there, I think. :nod:

And I want Lauras and Chris' job. And so many others'. You all seem to have "examining VT" as a job, which sounds great in my ears.

Tell me about it, it's not all opening mail, responding to emails, looking through paperwork and answering the phone you know... Sometimes I have to make the tea aswell.

I now also check mens lottery tickets, as apparently they can't do it themselves.

And I want Lauras and Chris' job. And so many others'. You all seem to have "examining VT" as a job, which sounds great in my ears.

#

It's shit mate. I'm in a safe-ish programming job, with very little to do. There is no real onus on me to do anyhting really at work, other than turn up. I still get paid though. So i surf (VT mainly) for many hours of the day.

I'd really, really rather have a job that actually means something. That matters to at least someone.

it's quite soul destroying

I'd really, really rather have a job that actually means something. That matters to at least someone.

Agreed. I'm relatively busy all the time, just not so much at the minute for a short while.

But it's mind numbing - I office alone for 45 hours a week (my boss also offices in my room but is rarely here), that is the very definition of soul destroying.

Sorry Laura,

If you want sould destroying try 207 job applications in the last 6 weeks, 48 replies

Soul Destroying

I know how you feel.

How many of those 48 replies were 'Unfortunately the position has been filled, thanks for your interest.'

#

It's shit mate. I'm in a safe-ish programming job, with very little to do. There is no real onus on me to do anyhting really at work, other than turn up. I still get paid though. So i surf (VT mainly) for many hours of the day.

“It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do.” (Jerome K. Jerome)

The bog standard phrase I get is

"other candidates who matched my clients brief more closely", I've also been told I was too experienced, at almost 52 I take it as a coded message

Onward, upwards, It's happened before (too often) and will happen again (probably) such is life

"other candidates who matched my clients brief more closely", I've also been told I was too experienced, at almost 52 I take it as a coded message

Pretty much why I'm demotivated and counting the time until I can retire - I couldn't face applying for new jobs at my age, so I put up with this one.

Onward, upwards, It's happened before (too often) and will happen again (probably) such is life

Well credit to you, the number of jobs you've applied for is astonishing, to still have that attitude now :thumb: << A big thumbs up to you.

I work with all younger people and I'd love to work with people who have a bit more maturity that I'm sure you'd bring to the working environment. Good luck in your search, the ones you haven't got, well it just means something better is around the corner.

Yeah that's a common one too.

The worst I ever got was 'You don't have enough experience.'

It was for a data entry job.

And I have a couple years IT/admin/data entry experience on my CV.

Just had a phone call, looks like Trim will have a nice surprise tomorrow night when my 3 month old God Daughter gets dropped off for us to babysit, hahahaha!

I completely didn't read the "God" in that post and after being pretty shocked (and amused) proceeded to wonder intently why no-one else had made a big deal about Trim finding out tomorrow night he had a 3 month old (step?)daughter

#

Yeah, I can see that point too. I've got a lot to do at work and because of that the days passes by rather fast which is a good thing when at work.

Just had a phone call, looks like Trim will have a nice surprise tomorrow night when my 3 month old God Daughter gets dropped off for us to babysit, hahahaha!

I completely didn't read the "God" in that post and after being pretty shocked (and amused) proceeded to wonder intently why no-one else had made a big deal about Trim finding out tomorrow night he had a 3 month old (step?)daughter

That presentation must have taken an enormous amount out of you Stevo

:winkold:

Well I just sent my holiday requests for the rest of the year off to the boss and if I get what I've asked for then I will be working 2.5 days in December, and one of those full days is Christmas Eve (which really isn't a full day at all). Fingers crossed eh :)

I just got all the days I asked for :shock:

Well I just sent my holiday requests for the rest of the year off to the boss and if I get what I've asked for then I will be working 2.5 days in December, and one of those full days is Christmas Eve (which really isn't a full day at all). Fingers crossed eh :)

I just got all the days I asked for :shock:

Could you give me 6 numbers between 1 and 50 please BOF :D

Â