General Chat

Stevo985

Nooo not unemployed my lovely, I was just considering a move of career, maybe location, that kinda thing.

Oh okay, I was thinking why the feck is she getting up so early! What do you do or what do you claim to do, but instead go on VT... :winkold:

I apparently manage an office, or go on VT ;)

Oohh easy enough :winkold:

What's the actual company do? Or have you assembled a keen set of VT posters...

It's a manufacturing company, nothing interesting. I work with all men, which I thought might be quite a nice change from managing an office of up to 12 girls... It's not. Hence the interview.

Haha, You need to employ some women, let's be honest, 12 men, no other Women workers...I bet they love you!

Cheers for the sleeping advice. I set alarms at, well honestly, 5.00am, 5.20am, 5.40am and then get up on my 6.00am alarm. I realise this may be messing with my sleep but if I cant wake up and go YES! Another hour in bed, then it'd kill me. To have an alarm go off and get straight up? I could never do that. I haven't done that since I was a kid.

That's a very bad habit and surely you know it. Set if for 5:45 if you need a little sleep in time. But you need to push yourself to wake up.

And also you're here on VT after 11. tut tut :)

I know Dogg, you're right. But to 'snooze' just once and for 15 minutes, I'd be in tears. I'd imagine thought ones willingness to wake depends largely also on circumstance and as mentioned above, I detest my job - perhaps this is more the factor?

Cheers for the sleeping advice. I set alarms at, well honestly, 5.00am, 5.20am, 5.40am and then get up on my 6.00am alarm. I realise this may be messing with my sleep but if I cant wake up and go YES! Another hour in bed, then it'd kill me. To have an alarm go off and get straight up? I could never do that. I haven't done that since I was a kid.

That's a very bad habit and surely you know it. Set if for 5:45 if you need a little sleep in time. But you need to push yourself to wake up.

I know Dogg, you're right. But to 'snooze' just once and for 15 minutes, I'd be in tears. I'd imagine thought ones willingness to wake depends largely also on circumstance and as mentioned above, I detest my job - perhaps this is more the factor?

Maybe, I don't know. It's just a habit you're in though, it does you no favours.

Someone told me once that you should sleep in multiples of 4. Your sleep goes in cycles so after 4 hours you are in a very light sleep so you feel better when you wake up, which is why they say 8 hours is best.

If you sleep for 6 hours (Laura do you go to bed between 11 and midnight?) you are in a deep sleep when you wake up so you feel like shit.

Don't know how true it is, but technically its saying you'd be better off sleeping 4 hours a night instead of 6.

Could beabsolute bullshit to be fair.

I think I'd agree with this. But you need at least 7 hours asleep. I typically goto sleep at 2am and wake at 10am and I'm at work at 11am. Works for me.

I got something to chat about, or get off my chest mostly:

A couple weeks ago I was out at the bar/club and doin some dancing, nice and intoxicated. Met a nice girl and liked the way she danced, got her phone number and took her out on a date a few days later. After that we went to my place and she stayed the night. Wasn't exactly "my type" personality wise but she was cute and yea...anyways....Halloween night I ended up telling her I was interested in someone else and she was none to happy...

Last Wednesday out at another bar and ran across this awesome girl (referenced above) that I had actually met dancing a couple months back. And we hit it off and I reaaaally reeaaally like her except she's a Liverpool fan! :P And not just some casual fan she actually told me who scored for Liverpool in their last game and all that. (She studied for a semester in England..)

Anyways I always meet awesome girls like this and then smother them to death cause I think they are so perfect for me and then that turns them off and then I'm left broken hearted. Whereas other girls that I'm only semi interested in (see above) seem to last longer with me but I get bored of them easily.

Fingers crossed this girl works out for me! :) She's been running circles in my head all day and not an hour has gone by that I don't think about her hoping she texts me or something!

Anyways, had to get that off my chest, think it'll help me, or hope so rather.

-Smitten Mahoney

Edited for privacy and spelling, ;)

Definately, I play football on a saturday, probably have less sleep on a friday night, like 3am and up at 8am, yet I'm always up fine in the morning, mainly cause I'm looking forward to the match. The start of 6th form, I quite enjoyed it and was up easily, same bed times and that and now I struggle to get up, takes my Mom 3/4 shouts to get me up, 7.45, 8, 8.15..etc..and at the moment I hate 6th form.

I think I'd agree with this. But you need at least 7 hours asleep. I typically goto sleep at 2am and wake at 10am and I'm at work at 11am. Works for me.

What do you work as? Just out of interest.

I work for a call center, 8 hours a day. When I was working 10 hours a day sometimes I would get less sleep, depending on what happened the night before, but then that gave me a 30 minute nap in my car. Now I only get 30 minutes to eat as opposed to before when I had an hour....but normally 8 hours does me perfect...

What about you Wallet? What do you do and where do you live/work?

Just got back from the weekly poker session with Pokersoc. Had an absolute mare in the mare in the main tournament but decided for the first time ever I'd bother with a side game, and took third in that netting myself my money back. Couldn't buy a hand in the main tournament, how I lasted 2 hours is beyond me. Got 3 split pots.

Had some absolute moron on the table as well, called big raises with 7 3 to hit a straight, called down a hand all the way with King high... incredible.

EDIT - I also finally get to home this week to see the family for my birthday, only nearly a month late. Gotta make some time to meet up with a lady I met just before I came back to uni who seems interested. Woohoo etc.

A facking huge spider has run out from under my chair and is now sitting in the middle of the floor staring me out. Big thick jet black mother.

It's between me and the door. I'm trapped!

I hate spiders but you are probably 75000 times bigger than the bastard. Crush!

A facking huge spider has run out from under my chair and is now sitting in the middle of the floor staring me out. Big thick jet black mother.

It's between me and the door. I'm trapped!

My dad always tells this story whenever someone mentions being scared of spiders. One of his mates is a mechanic, big bloke, terrified of spiders. He was round at his mates garage/workshop thing and he was under a car when he suddenly froze. My dad wondered what the hell he was doing, then next thing you know he'd scrambled up from the under the car, legged it across the room, grabbed a sledgehammer and ran full tilt past the car he was under and slammed this hammer down on the floor, full pelt. Didn't say a word, sauntered back over to the other side of the shop, put the hammer down, and as he walked back past my dad to get back under the car casually went '...Spider'.

Here's a random question, what time do you guys go to bed / get up? And how much sleep do you like to get each night.

I find that I really want sleep to be like putting a battery on charge, but it's not like that for me. I very rarely ever feel refreshed and good to go. I wonder if I'm missing something, or doing something wrong, I can't seem to find my happy medium.

My first alarm goes off at 5.20am then I will (eventually) get up at around 6am. What time do you think I should go to bed?

Up at 4:50 - into work by 630. Sleep by 10 in the week. So whats that, 7 hours roughly a night?

Morning, how are we all today?

Well, great start to the day, went to the kettle with mine and my bosses cup. Made his drink in my cup and my drink in his... Sigh. What is going on with me lately. :?

Bah I have to wait for the test team to turn up for my cup of tea - they need favours off me today.

Morning, how are we all today?

Well, great start to the day, went to the kettle with mine and my bosses cup. Made his drink in my cup and my drink in his... Sigh. What is going on with me lately. :?

Bah I have to wait for the test team to turn up for my cup of tea - they need favours off me today.

We don't have a fridge for milk, so it's always black tea :( Must buy some fruit tea.

Can't believe it's only Tuesday...

Â