General Chat

Stevo985

Do you know what though to a certain extent I feel sorry for the Rooney's in this regard - no matter what they called their kid they would have been accused of being 'chavs' or 'council estate' or something. It's like Rooney is more articulate than he is given credit for.

I do have a problem with the term chav in general though - too often it is used to castigate something that is 'working class' and therefore to be looked down on.

On a completely seperate note...

we went to a oub quiz on Friday, and called ourselves the Jackson 4... we won a crate of beer for best team name...Result!!!

A team in our (VTFC) 5 aside league are called the Jackson 5 but changed to the Jackson 4 in July. Made me laugh :)

On a completely seperate note...

we went to a oub quiz on Friday, and called ourselves the Jackson 4... we won a crate of beer for best team name...Result!!!

A team in our (VTFC) 5 aside league are called the Jackson 5 but changed to the Jackson 4 in July. Made me laugh :)

The best quiz team name I ever heard was "Quiz Team Aguilera".

My team is called "A Schott in the Dark".

I always call my quiz team "Sean Bean Shits in My Car". Can't remember where it came from but it wins best name 90% of the time.

"Has Anyone seen my enormous tub of penis enlargement cream?" is another good one.

basically, she was really really dumb, and couldn't do the job.

in HR talk, she was incapable of completing the job at the required level.

Technically, we didn't fire here, we gave her a choice:

1) either voluntarily leave the company immeditiately (we'd pay her the full months salary).

2) we would terminate her

That's a bit harsh.

not really. I thought we were too soft actually.

We spent 6 months re-training her, sending her on courses, but nothing stuck in her brain.

The job entails working on Excel about 80% of the time, yet she couldn't even 'sort' a list of figures, or link one cell from one sheet onto another sheet. In her interview, she said she could do pivot tables, Vlookups, etc.

Its obvious she lied about her technical ability.

The role expected her to have technical ability before she started the job, which she didn't have. I should have dismissed her during the 6 months probation, but i wanted to give her as many chances as possible, hoping she'd improve. a year later she was still at the rubbish level she started at, so she had to go.

1) either voluntarily leave the company immeditiately (we'd pay her the full months salary).

That's a bit harsh.

We spent 6 months re-training her, sending her on courses, but nothing stuck in her brain.

The job entails working on Excel about 80% of the time, yet she couldn't even 'sort' a list of figures, or link one cell from one sheet onto another sheet. In her interview, she said she could do pivot tables, Vlookups, etc.

The role expected her to have technical ability before she started the job, which she didn't have. I should have dismissed her during the 6 months probation, but i wanted to give her as many chances as possible, hoping she'd improve. a year later she was still at the rubbish level she started at, so she had to go.

Be honest, she gave shit blowjobs, didn't she?

(someone had to say it as Rob hasn't posted in this thread yet).

Bad luck comes in threes right? Well I've had my three, so this bad luck spell can F right off...

1.) Job interview saga

2.) Left bag on train containing Blackberry and the suchlike

Now..

Walked home from work, 20 minutes, got to the front of the house and thought I'll be really good and I'd go to the shop and get some things to make sandwiches tomorrow, so walked to the shop. Went to get my wallet out, it wasn't there. I'd left it in the office. AND WAIT, it gets better, my house keys are attached to my wallet... :(

Had to walk all the way back to work and open the whole building up to get into my office and get my wallet containing my keys. I finished at 4 and I got in about 15 minutes ago :( :oops:

Today was the first day at my new job. So many names to remember and important people to meet. I can't remember half of it.

Me too, although my new job is actually at a place I used to work so got the best of both worlds :D

ohhhh may have left yourself open to a constructive dismissal case there ..used to get away with that one but nowadays if she takes advice your firm could be in trouble

option 2 may have been your safest bet

We were at a quiz last night, our team name being the delighfully childish 'Quiz on Your Mum'. Came second in the best name stakes. Won the joke round though!

Bahahaha. Trim & I won the last pub quiz team name when the prize was lollies, we were 'We Represent The Lollipop Guild.'

That's a bit harsh.

Erm, I think you missed my selective quoting! :P

Here's a random question, what time do you guys go to bed / get up? And how much sleep do you like to get each night.

I find that I really want sleep to be like putting a battery on charge, but it's not like that for me. I very rarely ever feel refreshed and good to go. I wonder if I'm missing something, or doing something wrong, I can't seem to find my happy medium.

My first alarm goes off at 5.20am then I will (eventually) get up at around 6am. What time do you think I should go to bed?

Â