General Chat

Stevo985

Bad Monday. Was off work all last week, so not happy to be back.

Laura - either get used to being a running widow or take up running!

Another one back to work today, I feel your pain.

And there's two very good reasons why I can't / don't run... :lol:

Sports bra. :winkold:

:crylaugh: @ less bounce .com

There was a really good link to a similar site that somebody posted here some time ago, but I can't find it now. :(

Featured some very hypnotic video.....

Split with my girlfriend last night, couldnt be arsed going into college today, spent the day listening to Radiohead and Travis! Always sure to cheer me up... :|

Oh no! Sorry to hear that.

Got to love the freedom to be able to just not go into college if you don't want to though, I couldn't exactly do that at work.

Yeh I'm enjoying it, a lot of random chat in one place. And I'll let you off for the name thing ;)

i've always wanted to ask - why do you call yourself Stevo if your name isn't Steve?

Surname is Stephenson. Teachers at School called me Stevo, the nickname stuck.

Split with my girlfriend last night, couldnt be arsed going into college today, spent the day listening to Radiohead and Travis! Always sure to cheer me up... :|

Mate I could be surrounded by cock hungry strippers and playing with the world's cutest puppies and Radiohead would still make me want to end it all! Listening to it when you've split with your GF is suicide!

Mate I could be surrounded by cock hungry strippers and playing with the world's cutest puppies and Radiohead would still make me want to end it all! Listening to it when you've split with your GF is suicide!

L.O.L

Yeah good weekend thanks, spent it with the boy. Was a bit of a running widdow but getting used to it ;)(To be fair, I spent the whole day at Merry Hill, so I can't complain...)

How about you? Getting back into the swing of things after the honeymoon?

where is merry hill? is it that shopping centre towards wolverhampton way?

back in the swing of things slowly - come back to work and its crazzzzzzzy!

Aye, Brierley Hill.

And yes, always the way when you get back!

Got our wedding rings from there.

Went to Jewellery Quarter - found it utterly over priced shit in the most part, and then went there where we found them.

Me - mine is simple, hers is bastard arkward. Says it all, really. :)

There's some posh jewellers in there ;) Ah come on, you know she's worth it!

I bought mine and the wifes from a jeweller who hasnt got a high street shop... didnt charge me the rip off prices that they do in the shops... and made 2 bespoke rings for us (my wifes has diamonds encrusted and sits perfectly along her engagement ring).

He was a great bloke and really reasonable with his proces (paid £800 for the 2.. and recently had my wifes valued at £2500... !!!

PM me if you want his details..as he only used to work on referals....

I don't think he's gonna get married again ;)

Oh god no.

Happy Monday for me. Still on paternity leave, so we've just been out to a lovely local bar/coffee place for a nice cuppa and cake with the wee one, and then walked along the seafront at South Queensferry.

Now I am going to kick back with a few beers.

Family bliss etc.

I walked out the house, noticed the drizzle, noted my lack of a coat thats still at a mates house in town, noted the fact the lecturer only reads whats on his slides anyway, and knocked it on the head.

Also found out my friend who's in France this year that was back for the weekend has already left. Barely saw much of her over the weekend.

Oh well.

Happy Monday for me. Still on paternity leave, so we've just been out to a lovely local bar/coffee place for a nice cuppa and cake with the wee one, and then walked along the seafront at South Queensferry.

Now I am going to kick back with a few beers.

Family bliss etc.

That actually sounds amazing. Good for you, glad you're enjoying it all. :)

VT feels quiet today... Maybe it's because I'm procrastinating too much.
I'm not doing that till tomorrow.

Very good!

My Monday has been very boring, but so has every work day for the last month. I am currently in a temp job and i don't see why they need me as I've got sod all to do. Luckily i stumbled across VT and this helps me pass the days away so many thanks to you all!!

That's what Temp jobs are all about Rosco! I had one a couple of years ago and in 3 weeks of working there I must have done about 2 days work. They were given a budget to hire a Temp for 3 weeks, and despite realising they didn't need one they used the budget up anyway. Luckily for me on most days the boss sent me home after a couple of hours but paid me for the whole day!

i'm busy at work... i fired my assistant a couple of weeks ago, and so until i get a new person in, i have lots of work to do.

Why did you fire her? What did she do? (Or not do as the case may be...)

basically, she was really really dumb, and couldn't do the job.

in HR talk, she was incapable of completing the job at the required level.

Technically, we didn't fire here, we gave her a choice:

1) either voluntarily leave the company immeditiately (we'd pay her the full months salary).

2) we would terminate her

That's a bit harsh.

I'd crack up if I listened to happy music I think

i'm busy at work... i fired my assistant a couple of weeks ago, and so until i get a new person in, i have lots of work to do.

Why did you fire her? What did she do? (Or not do as the case may be...)

basically, she was really really dumb, and couldn't do the job.

in HR talk, she was incapable of completing the job at the required level.

Technically, we didn't fire here, we gave her a choice:

1) either voluntarily leave the company immeditiately (we'd pay her the full months salary).

2) we would terminate her

That's a bit harsh.

Isnt that Constructive Dismissal...?

Â