General Chat

Stevo985

On 28/02/2019 at 10:28, KenjiOgiwara said:

Depends on the country I think. 

I've travelled with a beard trimmer in checked luggage a few times and never had an issue (apart from the paranoia from watching Fight Club that it will accidentally turn itself on and my bag will be mistaken for a bomb and be destroyed because 'modern bombs don't tick').

So just had my interview for the Job at the supermarket, didn't exactly go as it was described in the interview offer email

Was told it would last an hour, I was in and out in 20 minutes, was told to reseat the history of the chain, instead the lady doing the interview told me about the history, told me what the shift patterns were and asked what my previous team work experience was, she skipped a lot of questions from the book she was reading then told me I'd get an email in 2 weeks as she had a lot more applicants to interview. 

Didn't do well did I? 

might be a daft question if you're desperate for work and want this job

based on meeting her whats your impression of the company and do you actually want to work for them?

I had an interview in October which i thought went really well but then they badly messed me about post interview, the interview was via skype which i hated anyway, similar to you said they'd phone me, email me, update me on blah blah blah they told the headhunter who got me the interview a load of bollocks and then reissued the job advert completely changing what their requirements were, it was to the extent where i didn't get offered a job but i wasn't overly disappointed because my impression of the company wasn't a good one

in comparison to that the guys i met in the interview for the job i did take were great, very enthusiastic about their company and about me, 2 way street i sold myself to them and they sold the job to me

Edited by villa4europe

4 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

So just had my interview for the Job at the supermarket, didn't exactly go as it was described in the interview offer email

Was told it would last an hour, I was in and out in 20 minutes, was told to reseat the history of the chain, instead the lady doing the interview told me about the history, told me what the shift patterns were and asked what my previous team work experience was, she skipped a lot of questions from the book she was reading then told me I'd get an email in 2 weeks as she had a lot more applicants to interview. 

Didn't do well did I? 

It's been a few years (shit, I just worked out how many, it really has!) since I was in your shoes, but when I interviewed for a supermarket job while at uni, my interview with the manager lasted about 10 minutes. I got the impression it was mainly just an additional filter to weed out anyone who turns up pissed with racist tattoos. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Didn't do well did I? 

You turned up on time and didn't jack up or jack off.

Don't be so down on yourself. The only way you haven't got this is if the interviewer has a prejudice or a friend wanting the job. You can't do anything about either of those hurdles.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I got the impression it was mainly just an additional filter to weed out anyone who turns up pissed with racist tattoos. 

If it was Morrisons, they'd be the ones who got the jobs. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I was sat in the break room on my lunch today when a woman I’ve been working with for 18 months came in and said “Is it okay if I sit here, Jerome?”.

My name’s Craig. I don’t even think a Jerome works in our building. I really hope I haven’t missed an opportunity to correct her, I don’t want to be Jerome.

Edit - **** me the studio audience is annoying.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I was sat in the break room on my lunch today when a woman I’ve been working with for 18 months came in and said “Is it okay if I sit here, Jerome?”.

My name’s Craig. I don’t even think a Jerome works in our building. I really hope I haven’t missed an opportunity to correct her, I don’t want to be Jerome.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Another manager from a different department called me Nick a couple of weeks ago, and the Nick I work with is my mortal enemy, a dickhead of monumental proportions.  I'd happily take Jerome instead of bloody Nick.  And yes, I left it a bit too long to correct him too.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I just learned that my grandfather fathered a child on the side and I have 5 more first cousins than I thought I had, all living in  New England!

That reminds me, we found out something similar last year that my Grandpa had another kid back in his army days and would have been my Mum's only sibling (she'd passed away not long before he wrote so never knew).  I'm not sure any of us ever got back to him, I'd literally forgotten all about it.

I went downhill skiing today for the first time in 27 years. It was great. Packed powder, not too cold and $15 a ticket on Mondays after 3:30. My legs are about to fall off though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

I went downhill skiing today for the first time in 27 years. It was great. Packed powder, not too cold and $15 a ticket on Mondays after 3:30. My legs are about to fall off though.

Downhill skiing as opposed to..?

Genuine question btw 

had a car crash about 3 weeks ago, all sorted through the insurance cars fixed im not hurt blah blah blah

i keep getting phone calls from some company on a private number claiming to be from some accident centre where they've set aside some government contingency of £1500 because of my accident and its being paid out by the other persons insurance, they know the accident details, they know where it happened "can you confirm this" they know my car reg, then they say "can you please confirm your postcode" or "can you please confirm your date of birth" to which ive said not a chance, you rang me, private number, you tell me what it is and i'll tell you if its correct, first time they hung up straight away...thing is ive now had about 7 of these calls, its happening every day, different callers every time, i think twice i've quite aggressively told them to **** off and leave me alone, still phone me the next day

i dont know how to stop it happening! its screams massive con to me but they're persistent bastards 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

had a car crash about 3 weeks ago, all sorted through the insurance cars fixed im not hurt blah blah blah

i keep getting phone calls from some company on a private number claiming to be from some accident centre where they've set aside some government contingency of £1500 because of my accident and its being paid out by the other persons insurance, they know the accident details, they know where it happened "can you confirm this" they know my car reg, then they say "can you please confirm your postcode" or "can you please confirm your date of birth" to which ive said not a chance, you rang me, private number, you tell me what it is and i'll tell you if its correct, first time they hung up straight away...thing is ive now had about 7 of these calls, its happening every day, different callers every time, i think twice i've quite aggressively told them to **** off and leave me alone, still phone me the next day

i dont know how to stop it happening! its screams massive con to me but they're persistent bastards 

Block private numbers calling you. Job Done.

FWIW I'd have told them to F*** off also, clearings in the woods!

Edited by AvfcRigo82

On 04/03/2019 at 17:58, Paddywhack said:

Thanks for sharing that Jerome 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â