General Chat

Stevo985

13 hours ago, Genie said:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to find official arrival times for flights more than 1-2 days ago?

Our flight to the US on the 18th left about 2:35 mins late and I am wondering when we officially landed (knowing there could be a lot of compensation to pay if it’s more than 3 hours late on arrival).

Flightaware.com

or 

even some ambulance type chaser companies like bottonline.co.uk have a flight checker ( you don’t have to use their services but they do have a simple flight checker on their home page )

On 19/02/2019 at 18:03, Jimzk5 said:

Quit working yesterday, posted on here about having an essential Tremor a few months ago, essential Tremor has made my job, my career and everything I've worked for for the last 17 years impossible to do. 

Applied for a job at Iceland, got rejected at the first stage. Phoned agencies all over the Midlands and got nowhere.

So depressed at the moment, my career taken away from me then Iceland turn me down at the first stage

Sorry to hear that mate. I hope you find something soon. 

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Flightaware.com

or 

even some ambulance type chaser companies like bottonline.co.uk have a flight checker ( you don’t have to use their services but they do have a simple flight checker on their home page )

Cheers @tonyh29 and @bickster

Looks like the official delay was 2hrs and 2 mins in the end so not sure it’s close enough to 3 hours to be in with a chance of refund.

Luckily we paid for the V lounge at Gatwick so got an extra 2 hours of eating their food and drinking their drinks :lol: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This weather is insane. Been out for a walk today and really regretted not wearing shorts. 

Brass monkeys this morning when walking to the train station. Sweating like Gary Glitter in PC World's repair centre at lunchtime!

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This weather is insane. Been out for a walk today and really regretted not wearing shorts. 

It’s been gorgeous. It was the same last week. Thinking about banging my shorts on for work tomorrow. Just been out to get the washing off the line, and it’s a beautiful night. 

Been a good day for me, but a bit of advice needed please

Applied for a job at a supermarket, did an online test and received good feedback from it, had a telephone interview today that I was dreading but they only asked me why I applied for the job, if I was available to work now and how would I get to work, I answered these questions and then told I'd passed after being on the phone for 3 minutes, told I'd get an email with an interview time in the next 2 weeks

Can't help but feel they've done the same to everyone who applied and I'll go for an interview and get told no?

I have literally no experience in this process

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

Applied for a job at a supermarket, did an online test and received good feedback from it, had a telephone interview today that I was dreading but they only asked me why I applied for the job, if I was available to work now and how would I get to work, I answered these questions and then told I'd passed after being on the phone for 3 minutes, told I'd get an email with an interview time in the next 2 weeks

Can't help but feel they've done the same to everyone who applied and I'll go for an interview and get told no?

Genuinely, applying, doing the online test and being able to use a telephone will have put you a cut above a big chunk of the population.

Quite a number won't have answered the phone.

A portion will have had an awful uncommunicative tone if they did answer.

To the question 'why did you apply?' I wouldn't mind betting a good proportion of those still in the game answered 'dunno'.

It's yours to lose lad, go get 'em.

If you can turn up at the interview on time and not smell of shit and booze you're home n dry.

(all that from my experience of interviewing people)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

As said above I'd take it as a positive sign, a lot of the supermarkets have cut down on HR so they probably just try and cut out the timewasters over the phone.  Good luck mate, hope it goes well.

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

What @chrisp65 said. Plus, I dunno your age etc. Jim, but you could have a think about (nothing major) what you'd like to put across at the interview. A follow up to why you want to work there - for example, and be honest, if you're looking for a career in retail, you might be aiming that in a few years, once you've understood the basics, you'd like to manage people, or have a role where you have responsibility for a department, or a store or.... / you want the job to support your passage through Uni, where you hope to get a degree in X which will let you ultimately have both knowledge and experience in retail / you want to be in a role where you deal with people and help.... / whatever broadly fits your personal situation - if they ask something like "where do you see yourself in 5 years? you've already thought about it.

Maybe you know a bit about the company? Sainsbury' or Asda or Lidl?  - maybe their model has some attraction - it's noticeable how [Lidl] has gained such a good marketshare and grown in the UK in the past decade /  Sainsbury's has a charitable aspect in donating to the needy... / My family shop here and like the place, it seems like a good place to have a career because...

Good luck

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

How do you travel on a plane with a beardtrimmer? It has blades so I expect I can't have it as part of carry-on. And it has battery so I can't check it in. Anyone? 

Nah-ugh. You let that beard grow wild and free. You worry about the accusations of being a terrorist later..

10 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

How do you travel on a plane with a beardtrimmer? It has blades so I expect I can't have it as part of carry-on. And it has battery so I can't check it in. Anyone? 

I've taken clippers in a checked bag before and it hasn't been an issue.

On 11/02/2019 at 14:39, Paddywhack said:

Ah shit, man, you're right.

Colleague friend request.

Looked through pics of big boobies.

Not always there. Sad.

Update. Again, as a haiku.

she’s now on my team

she’ll be sat right next to me

already erect

• Like 3

19 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

stop being a hipster , shave it off and problem sold

but , I'm about 99% sure  there is nothing preventing you from putting it in your checked luggage  ... some beard trimmers are allowed in hand luggage but without knowing the model it would be hard to say   ,

You know you are overdue a night out when in preparation for tonight I had a shower then automatically came out of it cleaned my teeth and put my night time lounge around in shorts on

anyhow , proper clothes are now being worn and my first beer since Dec 9th beckons... just hope I rid myself of the taste of toothpaste at some point soon 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â